What would make students study harder?

Siguro yung way na schools na ibigay ang education (Better and more creative teaching techniques para mas maging interested ang students)

saka wag siguro masyadong focus sa grades (parang puro pressure kasi sa student kung grades ang focus ng teachers/profs dapat meron din fun in learning)

i couldnt agree with you more on this, i think being too conscious about their grades makes students even more pressured or worse makes them unenthusiastic about studying, for me studying is about discovery and fascination and how good it feels when you gain new found knowledge
  • 2 weeks later...

If i would be a teacher

More on graded recitation gagawin ko.

Then exams would be essay.

Dun mo lng naman malalaman kng naiintindhan at natatandaan nila tinuturo mo.

Plus less cheating.. auko kasi ng cheaters s exam... unfair para s nag review.

Plus i wouldn't teach by the book. Always give analogy...

Hindi naman study harder ang usapan.. it's how u make them understand and remember.

• 2 weeks later...

Students ought to benefit from a carefully laid out lesson plan.and specific and accurate teaxhing material so they would learn with the least amount of time and effort.

This topic is certainly Filipino, like TRAFFIC is never solved and people are made to grind at work and even suffer more going to and from work and school.

• 3 weeks later...

Students nowadays belong to the so-called era of "Millenials"..

kung ipipilit natin yung nakasanayan nating old-school style ng teaching..

malamang hindi na uubra sa karamihan..

dami nang distractions at source ng info ng bata..

lalo na kung technology-savvy..

I guess the best way make them interested is use the "technology" to

your advantage if you were the teacher..

One good case is "Khan Academy"... wherein he uses youtube to upload

lectures..isa pang effective way sa mga bata e yung peer-to-peer discussion..

na nangyayayari lang kapag may collaboration..

If ang style ng teaching e isang speaker (which is usually the teacher) tapos

lahat e makikinig lang..good luck and be sure to make your lectures

super short..attention span doesn't last for 10 minutes. :)

The key is to be creative and not to be stubborn na ikukumpara natin yung mga

bata ngayon sa panahon natin, walang ibubunga yun, dahil may generation

gap na. Kung Gen X ka, iba ang Millenials..different strokes for different folks ika nga.

Aren't you just glad that we're not as screwed up as these so called Millenials?? LOL Kidding aside the only way for them to get them focused on their studies is to disconnect your cable and internet service provider.

I like my daughter to be homeschooled too i mean who can be better teachers than us parents?

Then take them places, go to Baguio, see the Terraces.

• 3 months later...

let the kids earn their keeps....we parents always wanted the best for our kids. best being the better ones we had.

i say let's teach them tough love. let them earn what ever their needs.

when my kids where growing up....i tried to give them as much as i can give them but i always ask them grades in return. no good grades- no wants given.

so far i have kids that are all pro and self sufficient.....i am not lucky.... I AM BLESSED

My youngest is till working on her credentials.

Same with my adopted one....

• 2 weeks later...

Strictly no cellphones during exam... students cheat using their phone most of the time.. like i said.. i hate cheaters... unfair para sa nag review.

Exemptions are also good... those who participate in class dont need to take exams..

I don't like special projects for pabagsak n estudyante, unless that student has been sick and out of school for a while.

Lastly... if the kid is not really studying..no effort at all.. i would talk to the parents and say

"Mukang nagsasayang po kayo ng pera, pag pahingahin nyo po muna anak nyo.. saka nyo na lang paaralin pag handa na sya"

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

kung ako ang teacher,

transparency. lahat ng gusto mandaya d2 kayo, lahat ng nagaral at ayaw mandaya d2 kayo sa kabila. para malinaw. ako bilang teacher i would pass all, pero the difference would be, kung may natutunan ba kayo o wala. lahat aabot sa passing, pero yun next questions pang masters hehehe. kasi kung wala naman natutunan no point. lahat naman gusto pumasa. so ipasa lahat, pero yun mga gusto umangat dun ilagay ang competition. yun mga tamad, never mind hahaha

• 3 weeks later...

the desire to be successful.....

this goal is a must to drive anybody to work harder.

student or employee/worker or a boss.....

we were not a rich family when i was growing up. my parents always told me that

they do not have any to leave on their old age. The only item they can give me is education and even then,

they do not have enough money to sustain me so i have to study harder to get an academic scholarship.

i told myself that being born poor is not my fault but dying poor will always be my fault.

study i did....and now though not rich....i am comfortable with my lifestyle.....

i owe what i have from the wisdom of my parents....may they be proud of me wherever they are.....

• 1 month later...

Teachers/professors definitely has a big role in motivating the students.

Regardless of financial status, school, subject, etc., if the teachers are transparent, knowledgeable, committed, inspiring, hardworking, etc., students will be motivated.

Ibang usapan ung mga self-motivated na students. Pero in general, teachers pa rin ang biggest factor.