Nso Matters, Dfa Matters, Citizenship, Travel, Passports Etc

kittytigerpanther

may gf birth certificate is Nov. 15 but the one in NSO is OCT 15...

she has a original copy with the correct date which is NOv 15...

what and how should we make it correct?

when we go to her birth place which is San Juan they say that it's NSO problem, and when we went to NSO they say

that it's San Juan's problem...

Can anybody help us???? please in a legal way only

In that case there is nothing to correct in San Juan. It is the NSO file that is erroneous so that is where the problem is. NSO gets its copies from the local civil registers so you probably need to inform them of the error and hopefully the procedure for proving so is not tedious. Hopefully, just the presentation of a certified true copy of the birth certificate is sufficient to cinvince them to correct their entry. You would need to ask the NSO the proper procedure for correction of errors in birth certificates.

we already did that... they insist that they only got their copy on San Juan... ang they want us to go to court just to correct their mistakes... and it will us 30,000

In that case there is nothing to correct in San Juan. It is the NSO file that is erroneous so that is where the problem is. NSO gets its copies from the local civil registers so you probably need to inform them of the error and hopefully the procedure for proving so is not tedious. Hopefully, just the presentation of a certified true copy of the birth certificate is sufficient to cinvince them to correct their entry. You would need to ask the NSO the proper procedure for correction of errors in birth certificates.
  • 1 month later...
we already did that... they insist that they only got their copy on San Juan... ang they want us to go to court just to correct their mistakes... and it will us 30,000

parang katulad din eto nang problem nang friend ko. sa kanya naman mali ang gender instead na female eh naging male.

pumunta na nga sya sa local registrar to correct this. sabi ng nso yun na na daw ang nakafile sa kanila.

help naman poh. kailangan kasi eto para makakuha ng passport.

Any immigration law experts here? I've a question.

Here's the scenario:

For example, my dad is Thai and my mom is Filipina while I was born in the U.S.A. which makes me an American Citizen. My mom, though currently is an American citizen, was still a Filipina citizen when I was born which also makes me a Filipino Citizen. However, they never declared this to the Bureau of Immigration.

Right now, the proper papers are supposedly being processed in the bureau to officially consider me both an American and a Filipino citizen. So the question is, can I work in the Philippines without needing a proper working visa though the papers haven't been fully processed yet since I am a Filipino by blood anyway, just not yet in paper.

Thanks for answering my queries.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this problem -

My name indicated in my birth certificate is JUAN. My parents later on added PEDRO during my baptism. The priest said that Juan was too short so my parents added Pedro. I have been using JUAN PEDRO in all of my documents ever since and not until I applied for an SSS, where the teller said I should be using what my birth certificate indicates. Will this pose as a problem when applying for a passport? If yes, what could I do? I was told to get an affidavit claiming that JUAN and JUAN PEDRO are one and the same. will the affidavit be enough for all legal matters that would pose as a problem regarding my name? or have my birth cert change to JUAN PEDRO?

Thanks in advance

parang katulad din eto nang problem nang friend ko. sa kanya naman mali ang gender instead na female eh naging male.

pumunta na nga sya sa local registrar to correct this. sabi ng nso yun na na daw ang nakafile sa kanila.

help naman poh. kailangan kasi eto para makakuha ng passport.

Hinde ito pareha sa wrong date sa NSO. Ito talagang may correction of entry dahil mali gender. Ito malamang talagang court order lang makakapacorrect dahil hinde ito considered typographical error lang. Malaking error ito. Yong wrong date kasi sa NSO wala naman icocorrect sa birth certificate sa local registry, sila lang talaga nagkamali. Kung sinasabi nilang kailangan through court order, hinde naman puedeng correction of error dahil wala nga error sa birth certificate. Malamang kung court case, mandamus para orderan sila ng court na icorrect error nila. Pero sobra naman yan kung lahat na error in copies nila kailangan court order. Baka may procedure sila jan ng fixer kung ganyan.

Any immigration law experts here? I've a question.

Here's the scenario:

For example, my dad is Thai and my mom is Filipina while I was born in the U.S.A. which makes me an American Citizen. My mom, though currently is an American citizen, was still a Filipina citizen when I was born which also makes me a Filipino Citizen. However, they never declared this to the Bureau of Immigration.

Right now, the proper papers are supposedly being processed in the bureau to officially consider me both an American and a Filipino citizen. So the question is, can I work in the Philippines without needing a proper working visa though the papers haven't been fully processed yet since I am a Filipino by blood anyway, just not yet in paper.

Thanks for answering my queries.

You can work anytime as long as nobody questions your nationality or no one reports you to the BID. It will be risk free if you wait for your paper to be completed.

On the side though, as far as I know if you are 21 already, both the Phillipne and American Government will no longer allow you to maintain your dual citizenship.

I have this problem -

My name indicated in my birth certificate is JUAN. My parents later on added PEDRO during my baptism. The priest said that Juan was too short so my parents added Pedro. I have been using JUAN PEDRO in all of my documents ever since and not until I applied for an SSS, where the teller said I should be using what my birth certificate indicates. Will this pose as a problem when applying for a passport? If yes, what could I do? I was told to get an affidavit claiming that JUAN and JUAN PEDRO are one and the same. will the affidavit be enough for all legal matters that would pose as a problem regarding my name? or have my birth cert change to JUAN PEDRO?

Thanks in advance

Given that most of your government documents show your name as Juan, it will be better to use that coz that is your legal name. Im assuming that only your school records uses Juan Pedro. What you can do is to officially ask the registrar of these schools for an amendment of your record due to your name. I dont think you need any court action here though each school might have their own process for such revisions.

You cant simply execute an affidavit and change your legal name from Juan to Juan Pedro. Only the court can affect such change in name given that the addition of "Pedro" in your name is a substantial change. Juan is definitely very different than "Juan Pedro." This simply isnt a typographical error since one whole word is the discrepancy not like if an "e" was typed as an "i" or something related to that.

Hinde ito pareha sa wrong date sa NSO. Ito talagang may correction of entry dahil mali gender. Ito malamang talagang court order lang makakapacorrect dahil hinde ito considered typographical error lang. Malaking error ito. Yong wrong date kasi sa NSO wala naman icocorrect sa birth certificate sa local registry, sila lang talaga nagkamali. Kung sinasabi nilang kailangan through court order, hinde naman puedeng correction of error dahil wala nga error sa birth certificate. Malamang kung court case, mandamus para orderan sila ng court na icorrect error nila. Pero sobra naman yan kung lahat na error in copies nila kailangan court order. Baka may procedure sila jan ng fixer kung ganyan.

but yung record sa local registry ay tama ang gender nya. yung nasa nso lang. meron pa ngang kopya ng certified thru copy from local registry na tama ang ang kanyang gender which is female.

OK. Similarly situated nga pala kayo. Subukan nyo humanap fixer kung talagang sinasabi walang magawa except for court order. Malabo kasi yan na kailangan court order kung copy ng NSO not in conformity with local registrar. Hinde kasi yan correction of entry dahil wala nga mali sa birth certificate. Mabigat naman na remedy yang mandamus to compel the NSO to correct its copy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

dahil gender ang mali sa birth certificate mo, kailangan mong magfile ng PETITION SA KORTE para ma-correct ito.

pahinge po ng advice Regarding my Birth Certificate mali po ang gender? paano po b procedure kase nag request n po ako eh lumitaw female tinangal nila certificate kase daw female na sa record.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
pahinge po ng advice Regarding my Birth Certificate mali po ang gender? paano po b procedure kase nag request n po ako eh lumitaw female tinangal nila certificate kase daw female na sa record.

To permanently solve the problem, you'll have to file a Petition for Correction of Entry with the Regional Trial Court in the province where your birth certificate was filed. If there is no opposition, this can be a very simple and quick case.

To permanently solve the problem, you'll have to file a Petition for Correction of Entry with the Regional Trial Court in the province where your birth certificate was filed. If there is no opposition, this can be a very simple and quick case.

Salamat bro. i will take your advice

i'm a US citizen, dugong pinoy... how long can i stay in pinas... retirement... can i work sa pinas...

There are several ways to answer your query on citizenship:

1) If you were born (after 1987) in the US to a Filipino father or mother (while they still had a Filipino citizenship), then you're Filipino. Just make sure that your birth was reported to NSO.

2) If you were born here then became a US citizen later on, then you can re-acquire your citizenship. You'll become a dual citizen -- both Pinoy and American. You can do this in the Bureau of Immigration (BI) if you're already here in Manila. WHat you need though is an NSO birth certificate.

3) If you were born in the US to Filipinos who were already US citizens then you're a complete alien. You have to apply for naturalization in BI.

For retiree visas, such as the SRRV, go to the Philippine Retirement Authority, www.pra.gov.ph

For normal visits, you can stay 1 year in RP on a balikbayan visa. It's granted upon arrival. Just tell them you're Pinoy even though you hold a foreign passport. Better, mag-Tagalog ka.

As for employment, no restrictions if you're Filipino citizen. Otherwise, you'll need an ACR and several other permits from DOLE.