ceasar, ranch will be fine
ceasar salad and with any light dressing

"Caesar" refers to the combination of the dressing AND the type of lettuce (romaine hearts). So if it has ranch dressing, or another light dressing, it's not a Caesar salad......it's a salad of romaine lettuce with a rach or other light dressing.......

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i do my own salad... lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, olives, feta cheese(if there's any) with a dash of olive oil and vinaigrette (the local sukang iloco will do). i tried it from the Greek along Roxas Blvd. corner Arnaiz (Libertad). i also do my own Caesars salad dressing... i got the recipe at the net. sa bahay lang ako kumakain ng salad para hindi bitin.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

SauClassic Caesar Salad Recipe

Classic Caesar Salad Recipe

Legend has it that the Caesar salad originated at Caesar's Restaurant in Tijuana in 1924. This classic Caesar salad recipe features a coddled egg instead of a raw egg yolk.

Ingredients:

• 1 head Romaine lettuce
  • ½ cup olive oil, plus ¼ cup
  • 1 small baguette or small loaf of crusty bread
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Juice of 1 large lemon
  • 1 oz anchovy fillets
  • 1 egg
  • Kosher salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • Worcestershire sauce, to taste

Preparation:

1. Bring a quart of water to a simmer in a small saucepan. Simmer the egg in the shell for one minute, then remove the egg and chill in a cold water bath.
  2. Separate the lettuce leaves, wash and thoroughly dry them, then refrigerate.
  3. Remove crusts from the bread and cut it into ½-inch cubes. You want about 2 cups of bread cubes.
  4. Heat a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add ¼ cup olive oil and heat for another minute. Add bread cubes and sauté until crispy and golden. Remove bread and drain on paper towels.
  5. In a glass bowl, mash garlic and anchovies with a fork so that they form a paste.
  6. Crack the coddled egg into the garlic-anchovy mixture and add the lemon juice. Beat until smooth.
  7. Slowly add the remaining olive oil while whisking continuously.
  8. Season to taste with Kosher salt, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Add half the grated cheese.
  9. Tear Romaine leaves into bite-sized pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Pour dressing over leaves and toss until coated. Add the croutons and toss again.
  10. Plate and serve immediately, topped with remaining cheese.

• 3 years later...

SauClassic Caesar Salad Recipe

Classic Caesar Salad Recipe

Legend has it that the Caesar salad originated at Caesar's Restaurant in Tijuana in 1924. This classic Caesar salad recipe features a coddled egg instead of a raw egg yolk.

Ingredients:

• 1 head Romaine lettuce
  • ½ cup olive oil, plus ¼ cup
  • 1 small baguette or small loaf of crusty bread
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Juice of 1 large lemon
  • 1 oz anchovy fillets
  • 1 egg
  • Kosher salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • Worcestershire sauce, to taste

Preparation:

1. Bring a quart of water to a simmer in a small saucepan. Simmer the egg in the shell for one minute, then remove the egg and chill in a cold water bath.
  2. Separate the lettuce leaves, wash and thoroughly dry them, then refrigerate.
  3. Remove crusts from the bread and cut it into ½-inch cubes. You want about 2 cups of bread cubes.
  4. Heat a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add ¼ cup olive oil and heat for another minute. Add bread cubes and sauté until crispy and golden. Remove bread and drain on paper towels.
  5. In a glass bowl, mash garlic and anchovies with a fork so that they form a paste.
  6. Crack the coddled egg into the garlic-anchovy mixture and add the lemon juice. Beat until smooth.
  7. Slowly add the remaining olive oil while whisking continuously.
  8. Season to taste with Kosher salt, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Add half the grated cheese.
  9. Tear Romaine leaves into bite-sized pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Pour dressing over leaves and toss until coated. Add the croutons and toss again.
  10. Plate and serve immediately, topped with remaining cheese.

This recipe is a classic. I remember this is the way they used to do it at the Top of the Hilton or Mario's restaurant. The coddled egg is a good way of making your egg salmonella-free. This is a great recipe. I just add a little freshly baked to a crisp bacon bits on top.

This recipe is a classic. I remember this is the way they used to do it at the Top of the Hilton or Mario's restaurant. The coddled egg is a good way of making your egg salmonella-free. This is a great recipe. I just add a little freshly baked to a crisp bacon bits on top.

This is my favorite salad!!

A simple Vinagrette Dressing. This means Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Red Wine Vinegar, Ground Black Pepper & Sea Salt. If I want to make this a Greek salad Dressing I just add some APETINA Feta Cheese in Olive Oil with Herbs and Spices plus also adding some green Bell Peppers, Cucumbers and Tomatoes to my Romaine or Iceberg Lettuce. A bowlful of this and a piece of Baguette with Anchor butter is dinner for me, of course plus a glass of any Napa Cabernet. hay..... bon vivant.....bon apetit.

• 3 weeks later...