Globe Telecom Service

Yeah it's that "Fair Usage Policy" that telecoms impose on its subscribers. Once you reach the cap, you're speed automatically drops from 4G to 3G. You're paying 4G rates for 3G service. BS talaga...

Once reach 350 mb in broadband download in same ip address it will automatically disconnect you to internet. This is they call fair connection the reason the hardware it cannot handle a multi user during streaming or browsing so they make a policy to disconnect once you reach 350 mb on that day. You need to wait another day to get connect again.

Once reach 350 mb in broadband download in same ip address it will automatically disconnect you to internet. This is they call fair connection the reason the hardware it cannot handle a multi user during streaming or browsing so they make a policy to disconnect once you reach 350 mb on that day. You need to wait another day to get connect again.

I honestly question the need to surf when you're on the move anyway. You don't really want that sort of distraction when you're travelling. If you want entertainment while waiting about, you've got options, devices these days can hold movies or ebooks. I use my nook for reading when I'm bored.

• 2 weeks later...

Olats ata yung postpaid ng globe kaya nagshift ako sa prepaid para madaling bitawan. Nagtry ako ng sun at smart pero sa area namen mas mabilis parin yung globe kaya dun padin...

postpaid is a rip off..one can get more from prepaid..if you know what service to avail (unli surf for a day), when to avail (noon time because data cap gets reset at midnight)

this way one can get more than 1GB of data per day which is a far cry from what postpaid plans offer

when you reach the data cap expect your mobile broadband to be throttled by the provider. once throttled your internet connection is just good for chatting or other txt application, voice & video applications are pretty useless

torrent download is controlled to a maximum speed of 20 kbps

Edited by dos8dos
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a text message on my post-paid Globe phone informing me that I hadn't paid my monthly dues for January. The text said that the due date was last January 19.

I called 211 and told the customer service assistant that this was the first time I was late in paying my monthly dues in over 10 years for the simple reason that I never got my Statement of Account. The CSA told me that I was no longer going to receive my monthly Statement of Account because, according to him, I was enrolled in Globe's campaign to save the environment by making do without the regular Statement of Account which has been sent to me every month for over 10 years.

I told the CSA that I never applied for the Statement-free plan of Globe to help save the environment. I told him that was plain bs since Globe simply wants to save money by passing on the printing of the Statement of Account from their end to my end. In short, I am now responsible for printing out my own Statement of Account. Which negates the "save the environment" campaign of Globe because paper will still be used to print out the Statement of Account. Except now, instead of Globe spending for the paper and the ink, it is now passing this on to its subscribers. In theory Globe stands to save a lot of money if it can get its customers to pay for the cost of printing the Statement of Account.

I told them that I have no intention of printing out my own Statement of Account. My printer isn't working properly and I now have to look for another way to print out my Statement of Account which is a hassle. Besides, I don't check my email on a regular basis so if it so happened that Globe emailed me my Statement of Account but I opened my email after the due date, then I stand the risk of having my line cut. I cannot keep count of all the bills I have to pay each month. I pay no less than 20 bills in a month which includes two Globe accounts, 3 Smart accounts, 2 Club bills, 4 PLDT bills, various credit card bills, one Sky Cable bill, one Destiny Cable bill, and so-on. The only way for me to keep track of all these bills is to have the bills physically sent to my business address.

Out of sight, out of mind. That's what will happen with the Statement-free policy of Globe. I told the Globe CSR that I would pay the amount due as soon as I got the physical Statement of Account. He said he would make arrangements but I would experience a temporary disconnection of my service. I told him that if Globe cut my service even temporarily, I would terminate my subscription with them. To which the CSR told me he would make arrangements for my service not to be disconnected.

I told him it isn't my fault because I never enrolled in the Statement-free plan of Globe. And I have never been late in paying my monthly bill except now when they unilaterally decided not to send me my Statement of Account. I told the CSR that they should continue sending me my Statement of Account like they've been doing for over 10 years now and they should not cut my line for any reason.

The CSR promised to send the Statement of Account 10 working days from Friday, the 30th. He also assured me that my line won't be disconnected.

If it's disconnected, I'm immediately terminating my Globe account.

All this aggravation because Globe wants its subscribers to foot the bill of the paper, printing, and delivery of the Statement of Account.

What if my internet is down for an extended period of time? How will I receive the Statement of Account on-line? What if I don't check my emails everyday? What if I'm abroad? I have standing instructions to the office manager to pay all Statements of Accounts of my credit card bills and utilities if I'm overseas. How's he going to pay my Globe bill if he doesn't receive it? I will need to call him long distance just to inform him to pay my Globe bill.

What a hassle Globe has created. And they have the audacity to say that it's part of being environmentally friendly. That's just plain BS.

Edited by maxiev

I think they have a policy to inconvenience you until you either surrender or put the CSR between a mountain and a very hard place to save on cost While I can sympathize whoever is taking my ire over the inconvenience that Globe gave me, I still have to think of myself first.

I clearly remember their CSRs telling me and my sister at one incident that they have no control over the system that they are supposed to be able to fix or even issue a ticket. What's worse is, they offered to retain / activate the same service when we asked them to cut it around 5 times. I personally just don't get why they still try to sell an unwanted product that is being dropped.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been a globe prepaid user for almost 20 years but since I started on my postpaid plan I was disappointed on their services, mainly because of the bill discrepancies. It's alright if it happens once or twice but monthly of bill discrepancies are hassle because I have to complain every month for them to fix it. I hope they fix this problem.

Globe mobile internet connection is deplorable and LTE is worse. But Smart is not significantly better so why put up with hassle of jumping sunscription. I just don't patronize Globe services and ive downgraded my plan subscription.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been a globe prepaid user for almost 20 years but since I started on my postpaid plan I was disappointed on their services, mainly because of the bill discrepancies. It's alright if it happens once or twice but monthly of bill discrepancies are hassle because I have to complain every month for them to fix it. I hope they fix this problem.

1999 lang nag start ang prepaid ng GLOBE

Edited by brutus
  • 1 month later...

Globe has decent wired service, but with a bandwidth cap that resets daily for data only plans. If you keep that in mind they are a solid internet service provider. They have bad wireless, but you can say the same for all other wireless providers in the country. Basically, pick your poison as far as wireless is concerned. Pre-paid wireless is always bad, postpaid is somewhat better.

As for simple calling... I like Globe, they're reliable in Metro Manila. But outside it I think Smart has better coverage. I live in the metro so I use globe.