856 replies to this topic

#841 IyaB

IyaB

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:42 PM

Tried samgyupsalamat recently. Totally hated the 2 hour wait. Masarap lang during our first round, the next one wala ng appeal. Hayyy

#842 AIMI of OKAYAMA

AIMI of OKAYAMA

The Sweet RAPIST

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:40 PM

up

#843 jcob

jcob

Virgin

• (03) Newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Variety

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:12 PM

Any recommend food hubs na they serve healthy food, meaning less oil, more gulay and the likes but masarap pa din. Langyang fatty liver kasi to, bawal na daw matataba. Boring naman ng pagkain sa bahay. Thanks MTC!

#844 LarrySkews

LarrySkews

Voyeur

• (03) Newbie
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:46 PM

! !
?:
http://uptek.ru/news...lnye-knigi.html -
http://uptek.ru/news/11800-smi-amerikancy-v-odinochku-pobedili-nacistov-blagodarya-plohomu-obrazovaniyu.html

http://uptek.ru/information-technology-it/25865-haker-iz-britanii-shon-kefferi-vzlomal-sistemu-pentagona.html

: 24

#845 Howdy Doody

Howdy Doody

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:39 AM

Any recommend food hubs na they serve healthy food, meaning less oil, more gulay and the likes but masarap pa din. Langyang fatty liver kasi to, bawal na daw matataba. Boring naman ng pagkain sa bahay. Thanks MTC!

This is my dilemma too. I learned how to scan the menu of any restaurant and pick the healthiest among what they offer. Ang problema is usually, the salads are not the best for the price. I always get good salads from CYMA and KOUZINA. Of course, they say that Mediterranean Cuisine is the healthiest.  At SM Aura Food Court on the 4th flr, got several restaurants that offer a variety of healthy selections.  At Rockwell Plant Mall, I tried Wholesome Table for their organic food, I was quite disappointed. For a restaurant that is focused on Fresh and Organic ingredients, the vegetables were wilted and the salmon was very fishy tasting. Mas masarap pa na maka tiempo ako sa Rustan's Fresh or sa Marketplace nila, then I make my own salads and grill or bake my own fish. 

#846 Howdy Doody

Howdy Doody

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:48 AM

This is my dilemma too. I learned how to scan the menu of any restaurant and pick the healthiest among what they offer. Ang problema is usually, the salads are not the best for the price. I always get good salads from CYMA and KOUZINA. Of course, they say that Mediterranean Cuisine is the healthiest.  At SM Aura Food Court on the 4th flr, got several restaurants that offer a variety of healthy selections.  At Rockwell Plant Mall, I tried Wholesome Table for their organic food, I was quite disappointed. For a restaurant that is focused on Fresh and Organic ingredients, the vegetables were wilted and the salmon was very fishy tasting. Mas masarap pa na maka tiempo ako ng very fresh vegetables and very good cuts of Salmon Steaks sa Rustan's Fresh or sa Marketplace nila, then I make my own salads and grill or bake my own fish. Their Salmon go for about P700/kg and they have promo for buy 1 kg and get 1/2 kg. free. Very thick slices of Fresh "Norwegian" Salmon daw. 1 kilo would be about 6 to 8 slices so the promo the 6 becomes about 9 and the 8 becomes about 12 pieces. Kaya lumalabas ang isang slice less than P100. A little salt and pepper lang. The best bargain are the Salmon Belly for about P350/kg. Andaling iSinigang with Mustard Greens, Kangkong or Malunggay. Pwedeng paksiw din. Hahahaha

• sOin2you and Mad Damian like this

#847 Howdy Doody

Howdy Doody

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:15 AM

By the way, the key to a stricted type of diet is take everything in moderation. Over a period of time, your taste and palette will also adjust. In my case, everything from oil, fat, sugar, salt, beans, certain seafood high in purine, food high uric acid and fatty red meats and  even some vegetables like eggplants, ampalayas etc. are restricted or should be taken in strict moderation. Also remember, that you have to LIVE LIFE TOO,  Shouldn't we  EAT to LIVE, and not LIVE to EAT? C'est la vie. Such is Life! Hahahaha 

#848 Mad Damian

Mad Damian

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1856 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:10 PM

Its really hard to find healthy food options here in the Philippines unless you're in a good area.
We have this mentality that quantity is quality bec of budget constraints.
So heavy meals are what sells.

#849 Howdy Doody

Howdy Doody

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:12 AM

You are right, people here associate quantity with quality. Maybe that's the reason for the proliferation of Eat All You Can and Buffet Style Restaurants. From the P99 neighborhood restaurant to the likes of the P4999 ++ Spirals and all the ones in between. However, it can also be said that food serving portions are generally small in restaurants. The P99 Mang Inasal with just 1 rice is just good enough to satisfy your hunger until the next eating cycle. Hahahah. Actually that is a very healthy option, except when you start drizzling your rice with the garlic oil. Then you are in big trouble. hahahaha

#850 jcob

jcob

Virgin

• (03) Newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Variety

Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:09 AM

By the way, the key to a stricted type of diet is take everything in moderation. Over a period of time, your taste and palette will also adjust. In my case, everything from oil, fat, sugar, salt, beans, certain seafood high in purine, food high uric acid and fatty red meats and  even some vegetables like eggplants, ampalayas etc. are restricted or should be taken in strict moderation. Also remember, that you have to LIVE LIFE TOO,  Shouldn't we  EAT to LIVE, and not LIVE to EAT? C'est la vie. Such is Life! Hahahaha 

Thanks sa tips sir! I really need to persevere. Lets live our lives! Haha. More MTC adventures! Less bad food choices.

#851 sexy.azami

sexy.azami

Voyeur

• (02) Sinless
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:17 PM

Up

#852 AIMI of OKAYAMA

AIMI of OKAYAMA

The Sweet RAPIST

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:22 PM

Up

#853 Jamirartadi69

Jamirartadi69

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:39 AM

Have you tried Lee Hak guys in Pioneer Center? Offers korean dishes and some filipino as well. Unlimited samgyupsal and they also have a make your own bibimbap. Food is good for its price which is very affordable.

#854 sOin2you

sOin2you

Buttiful

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4501 posts
  • Interests:Coffee, Reading, Cooking, Food trips, Sunset, Tech stuff, Music Listening, Old buildings, Outdoor scenes

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:23 PM

Tried Denny's tonight since meron silang Breakfast food...

Boring. Thumbs down.

#855 I am LUCI

I am LUCI

Portador De La Luz

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Interests:Dureza y Dolor

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:20 PM

Have you tried Lee Hak guys in Pioneer Center? Offers korean dishes and some filipino as well. Unlimited samgyupsal and they also have a make your own bibimbap. Food is good for its price which is very affordable.

yeah eat all you can buffet for a very low price

• Jamirartadi69 likes this

#856 1kougarashi

1kougarashi

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 11:46 AM

Is Big cheese any good?

#857 Howdy Doody

Howdy Doody

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:55 AM

Last night I had the chance to drop by at OOMA Japanese Restaurant in ROCKWELL. They are not located inside the Power Plant Mall but they are in the ARUGA Apartment/Hotel Complex. I've read good reviews about them. I would consider it as a Casual Dining restaurant. The prices and food servings are very reasonable. However, for a Japanese restaurant that caters to the SUSHI market, it has more FLAIR than substance in its sushi creation than making it just FRESH and SIMPLE. I understand the appeal it may have to the Filipino palate but I would consider it more for the Food Truck Sushi foodie than the TSUKIJI Market, Tokyo Fine Sushi Bars class connoisseur with emphasis on freshness and subtle simplicity.

Food- 7.0/10 heavily made up sushi

Price- 9.0/10 plentiful and reasonably priced

Ambience- 7.0/10 casual dining atmosphere

Service-8.0/10 fast and courteous

Presentation-7.0/10 okay but plating can be better

Overall-8.0/10 It's still worth the trip and experience. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users