Diet

What works for me right now is the Atkins Guide to Nutrition... Yes, its a very low-carb, high protein diet, and yes, its not for everybody, but it works. I'm on my 45th day, and so far I've gone down from 240lbs to 218lbs, or about half a pound a day. My blood sugar has gone down from 181 mg/dL (with regular medication) to 87 mg/dL (without medication). I can probably lose faster if I exercise, but I'm happy so far with the results. I have been cautioned, however, by my doctor not to stay on this diet for more than 6 months because of the possible effects it will have on my liver, so I'll be on it till December 31 only. By that time, I hope to weigh about 185lbs, which should be ok for my 5'9" height.

A word of caution: Consult your doctor first and have tests done to check your liver's health as well as determine other possible causes of your weight problem.

Hope this helps ya! :)

PEACE!!!! :D

help naman!!!!

Im used to be 195 lbs and im 175 lbs now.

My secret

1. I eat only when im hungry.

2. I eat anything edible but not much.

3. Avoid too much sweets, carbs and fats.

4. I dont eat late at night, I have my dinner before 6 pm.

5. I go to party and eat like animal but I double my exercise and eat less the next day.

6. No snack(juice or tea lng).

7. I excercise 3 times a week.

• 4 weeks later...

I am giving you the following tips..... hope this would help

trillian is right, dirkn a lot of water, it will take out some toxic in your body. It's easier to burn you body fats.

Every morning, you do the inhale exhale exercise, you need oxygen .. OXYGEN BURNS FAT.

Have an early lunch, let's say mga 11 to 1130, so in between 4-6 nagugutom ka na, therefore you'll take your early dinner, after 6 method is quite effective simply bec. you'd be able to burn the food that you eat kung late night ka na kain, di mo na siya ma bu burn, not unless you got an "activity" at night :D

Don't eat heavy breakfast. I know some might say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but according to some research, NO!

I'd compare our body to a car, when you start di naman agad punta ka ng 3rd gear or 4th di ba, you stay on 1st then slowly picking up, same thing with our body. If you eat heavy on breakfast, notice that you are getting sleepy at tamad bec. your body can't easily digest the food you ate, and digesting is the most tiring activity of our body, next is sex :D :P.

You should pick up sa lunch, since the heavy load are in the middle of the day, and that will make you eat early, like my advice above. you need energy, and fiber and small amount of carbo can give you that.

But then again, it's WHAT YOU EAT. No matter what you do, kahit mag exercise ka, but if you eat a lot of carbo and protein beeyond the RDA, you can't stop the body fats to form into your body.

Eat food rich in fiber. It absorbs body fats. Cereals and fruits in the morning, continental type of breakfast is highly reccomendable.

And you have unecessary cravings, try to eat sampaloc or anything maasim, IT'S A NATURAL APPETITE SUPPRESANT. :)

And if you have a sweet tooth, tikim tikim ka lang, just to satisfy your sweet tooth pero don't finish it, di ka naman tataba sa kapirangot na sweets e. At mas madidisiplina mo pa sarili mo :)

It's important that you listen to your body. Noone can tell that you should go on diet or that diet....may binabagayan ang mga food combination. Some are more into vegies and they loose weight, some are fish person and fruits and they loose weight. Tanging katawan mo lang ang makaka determine.

Medyo mahaba na ito, I have several more ways , practical method and scientific theories, if you gurls are interested, PM lang kayo :)

I hope I was able to help kahit konti, I used to be a consultant for a health - slimming company kaya dun ko na gain yung knowledge na yan :)

Goodluck sis!

Sabi ng nutritionist namin, iba-iba for different people. Pero ang common talaga ay CARBO. The less carbo in your diet (that is why naniniwala ako sa less-rice), the shorter time you need to lose some of those pounds. At tsaka 'yung exercise daw ay indispensable. When we go on a diet daw, we just slow down our growth pero we still have to work on the fats that we have earlier stored. Pero sabi nya rin, you don't have to eliminate any food group from your diet. Sabi nya, we need a little of everything. Tsaka consistency and fortitude to stick to whatever you started. GOOD LUCK sa diet nating lahat! B)

I agree - consult a nutritionist. What works for me may not work for you plus there's the lifestyle. The challenge isn't losing it but keeping it off :)

water is good.

and baka heavy framed k you have to put that into consideration too. baka d pwde yung diet syo. :(

and if everything is good with your health and decided k with diet, email mo ko i know some meds/supplements which are effective. i work at the company kc dati dyn s pinas, but now m out of the country n. :) :)

but i can still help you out. pa-explain k dun s boss ko n girl which is a health-buff, adict s sports hehehe :boo:, but very health concious naman & approachable. B)

be safe B) B)

For almost three weeks now I haven't eaten any rice meal. It's just salad and sandwich for me and I think it worked 'coz I'm down to 99lbs from 103lbs.

Dang MA...You certainly dont need diets, as you will always be 'perfect' in all of our 'drooling' eyes. :blush: ;)

But going back to the topic of diets.

I've heard about so many different diets from no rice, to more water, to all meat.

How true is it that the all-protein and no-carbo diet really works? I think it went something like: eggs, meat, peanuts (and butter and cheese and milk)are okay; But rice, pasta, bread and vegetables werent?

Heheh..am hedging my options ...before the buffet and party food filled December season comes sneaking up on our calendar.

it really is a matter of knowing how active your lifestyle is, and the more active you are, the more you burn calories, calories which make for energy.

if you have a long schedule, take a meaningful breakfast, feed your body accordingly, not much to do, fruits will do the trick

and dont eat before going to bed! those food will just accumulate as fat! do brisk, long walks. take the stairs too, its good for blood circulation.

Its all about calories. You would need to burn 3500 calories to get rid of a pound of fat. To give you a perspective, jogging for 30 min would just burn an ave. of 300 calories.

If you dont want to work that hard, then go on a diet. An adult on an ave., burns 2000 calories daily just for normal day to day activities. Just cut down on snacks, consume only about 1500 calories worth of food a day and let your body get the extra energy it needs from your fat.

Losing weight would be very difficult through diet alone. It has to be coupled by exercise and should be heavy in cardio. No weights for the meantime. Just focus on cardio . . . like an hour's treadmill 3x a wk would do. (of course, ensure that the level of effort is more than average). About diet, cut out rice, chips, chocs and fatty foods. In short, watch out your calorie intake. This will most likely lose you 3inches and 15lbs in about 6 months -- naturally (i mean . . . no diet supplements)

Why not try a vegetarian diet? But do it smartly; otherwise you might get sick. Like Witchcat said, eat veggies like a rabbit. Been a vegetarian myself for 10 years now.

I'd also do a lot of weight training, using light weights and high reps. It builds muscle while producing a cardio effect as well. Building muscle is a good way of keeping trim since muscle eats up a lot of those calories and thus prevents them from turning into fat.