Toyota Or Honda ?

yes, they both use the same principle.

sa honda, it's VTEC

sa toyota, it's VVTi

sa nissan, its VVL

they all use the principle of variable valve lift timing. fuel economy on the low band and power on the mid to high band B)

Korek ka jan pardsssss... pero yun honda pioneered the technology? mali rin yata yun ah.. siguro, honda lang ang nag-advertise na ganun na ang technology.. dali pards.. alam mo yan eh.. dali, explain mo nga.. :unsure:

Korek ka jan pardsssss... pero yun honda pioneered the technology? mali rin yata yun ah.. siguro, honda lang ang nag-advertise na ganun na ang technology.. dali pards.. alam mo yan eh.. dali, explain mo nga.. :unsure:

they did start the technology on the NSX way back 91

it was made famous on the civic EF9 from 88-91 which carries the b16 engine which was used also in the EG, EK chassis

the other car companies followed soon...lots of car co.s have their own version of variable valve timing tech. MIVEC for mistus, ZETEC for fords, VARIOCAM for porsches aside from what pardonme has mentioned

they did start the technology on the NSX way back 91

ahm.. 91? Teka.. I'll ask my bf first.. hehehe.. ;)

Ang alam ko talaga, Nissan ang nauna (?), nwei if you can provide me a link na pwede kong mabasa, I would be thankful.. added knowledge yan for me.. ;)

.. pero sa tututs lang.. maka-Mitsubishi talaga ako eh.. hehehe.. :blush: :rolleyes:

For a review of the latest cars in the Philippines you can go to this site:

motioncars.com

Motioncars rate the Toyota Camry at 3 stars while they rate the Honda Accord at 5. The other specs are also there. The Accord VTi-L costs PhP 1.22M while the Camry 2.0G costs PhP 1.23M.

I do have my doubts about their ratings sometimes because it doesn't include fuel economy and total cost of ownership.

Ginnie,

Among the Japanese carmakers, I would consider Mitsubishi the worst. Their service is terrible! :angry:

Ginnie,

Among the Japanese carmakers, I would consider Mitsubishi the worst. Their service is terrible! :angry:

Aray.. 'tay tayo jan... :P

Anong dealer yan.. anong dealer yan.. hehehe.. :unsure: :blink:

Back to the topic.. sorry po, OT.. :blush:

For a review of the latest cars in the Philippines you can go to this site:

motioncars.com

Btw, survey din lang yata yan eh.. alam mo naman dito sa Pinas.. sikat ang honda kse prestige daw yan.. lammo naman tayo mahilig to keep up with the Joneses kuno.. pero sa Japan, kulelat ang honda no... :rolleyes:

La lang.. hindi naman ako galet sa honda ha.. wehehehe :P

• 1 month later...
medyo mabagal sa arangkada...pero pound per pound..im for camry!! ;)

i second the motion...

i think the best head-to-head shoot-out on these two mid-size cars can be found on a back-issue of C! Magazine (IMHO, the best and classiest local auto-mag in the market)...so feel free to check it out.

The CAMRY is the largest mid-size car in the local market today.

Outsizing the 2003 Accord and the 2003 Cefiro. (Note that Galant is the only local market midsize that is yet to release a new series/edition of their marquee).

So for the Driven - Camry should actually be the better choice as it provides for larger legroom and S-classesque dimensions.

Design wise it reminds many of a Japanese S-Class.

The ACCORD has been completely redesigned, and features quite a lot of driver-reachable controls at hand. So actually, for the Driven - the Accord should be the smarter choice. Ditto with what Krunch said, the CAMRY - with its heftier size - accelerates slower, making it an ideal passenger car rather than a drivers car.

Design wise (especially with the new tail), it reminds many of a Japanese Maseratti.

The CEFIRO (especially the Brougham) has the best luxury features in its class though, including massagers built-in the rear passenger seats.

All things considered - pound for pound - I'd go for the CAMRY.

Happy Driving People!

Honda has been dominating the market,their accord won the CAR OF THE YEAR award many times....and ASTIG talaga yung bagong accord ngayon.Yung Camry ng toyota dati maganda kasi simple lang pero sophisticated yung bago is like ALTIS yung laki and parang hindi authentic...no questions ask...go for an accord :cool: