What's The Greatest Rock Band For You?

joeyjay

A very nice anecdote on Freddie Aguilar!

This happened about 11 years ago....

Freddie Aguilar went inside a music store to buy a drum set for his daughter. I was also in the store since I was then the product manager for a that particular brand and many other music brands too.

I came over to Freddie and we got into talking about the music industry -- about both the good and the bad! He was a delight to converse with as Freddie Aguilar seems to be a natural story teller. In any case, he was so down to earth -- wala talagang yabang sa katawan! :lol: Maganda siyang kausap!

As we talked, he even signed my guitar at the back and he wrote---"Mabuhay and Panginoon! From Ka Freddie!"

All this time, the store staff prepared the drum set and got to assist Freddie in bringing the set to his car. I also helped out and Freddie gave me a very warm handshake to seal our new found acquaintance! The staff and I even waived to him goodbye!

After all was said and done.... I got the shock of my life when I found a few minutes later that Freddie had NOT PAID FR THE DRUMS yet! I was nervous and angry with myself for being star struck and forgetting to collect the payment! The set was about 45Thousand Pesos and I did not want to pay for that. :rolleyes:

While scouring the telephone directory for Freddie's number, the phone rang and there was Freddie on the line! He said he just got home and was surprised to find the money for the durms still in his pocket! :lol: He apologized over and over again and I lied by saying that I was never nervous about the entire incident!

He gave me directions to his house so I can just go and pick up the money personally! I agreed and took in my car!

Going to his house, I was surprised that Freddie Aguilar's home was surrounded by squatter families. Some of them pointed me in the direction towards Freddie's gate and yes, Freddie welcomed me to his home. His house was in a large compound and it was a bit old but still beautiful. It was in contrast to the numerous squatters living just outside.

I asked him about this and he replied that it was on purpose that he moved to this location.

The great thing about all of this was that He chose to live here so he can personally help out the poor. Inside his compound was a samll school where Freddie hired teachers to teach the kids of these poor families! Kasama na merienda ng mga bata!

He's educating these kids at his own expense and at his own initiative!

We should all support this artist! :)

Na-feature kailan lang si Eli Buendia (of Eraserheads) sa Sunday Inquirer.

Medyo nag mellow down na at filmmaking na yata yong linya na gusto niyang pasukan.

Nandoon pa rin yong Voltes V collection niya (one of their albums was a voltes v weapon).

Ilang isaw pa ba ang kakainin

O giliw ko

Ilang tansan pa ba ang iipunin

O giliw ko

Ilang oras na akong nagpapa-cute sa yo

Di mo man lang napapansin

Ang bagong T-shirt ko

--------------from the song Ligaya

Medyo jologski ang dating, but I love this song:

Nanaginip ng gising, nakatulala sa hangin

Nagsusumidhing damdamin, kahit halik lang sa akin

Nababaliw ako sa yo, bawat silakbo ng puso ko

Isang sulok na lang, umiibig sa yo, SINTA....

from AEGIS, Sinta

heheheh sa susunod nga na bf ko id call him SINTA... parang ganda pakinggan eh... :) salamat sa idea hehe!!!

• 3 months later...

dami eh...

1. G n R - knock(3) knockin' on heavens door,hey(3) yeah, yeah...

2. U2 - sHE'S PUNCHING IN a hole upon my soul...elevation (tama b? )

3. MLR

4. Def Leppard

5. Metallica

6. Beatles

7. Queen

8. Mike HANOPOL

9. linkin park

10. limp bizkit

11. Parokya ni Edgar

12. Grin Dept

and...and...and...

pampatanggal sila ng sama ng loob/ galit para sa akin. :P