On The Job Training

Summit Publishing (FHM, Seventeen, Candy, etc.) located at Robinson's Galleria

Summit Interactive ako na-assign as an assistant web-designer.. madami din akong natutunan regarding web design there, since hands on talaga.. and ok dun sa ofic na yun, mga fashionista mga nagwowork so yun walang ofic uniform.. come as you are.. well.. as long as presentable naman! hehehe.. madami din freebies and gimicks dun since summit media sya.. wide ang scope ng mga magazines nila like FHM, Candy, Seventeen.. etc.. libre din basa ng mga magazines nila.. alam mo kung cno ang cover girl for the next month's issue before sya lumabas sa market. :cool: tapos you get to see personalities (models usualy) hanging around in the ofic for a photo shoot etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Share your O-J-T experience/s.

I had my practicum/on-the-job training at the following:

1) Channel 4

2) Hemisphere-Leo Burnett Advertising

3) DZXL

How did you land there?

- How strange that I couldn't remember whether I applied or was recommended.  It's been years ago since I had my OJT.  Ahihihi.

Did you learn anything relevant?

- From Channel 4:  Real cameramen don't know say pan UP and DOWN instead of pan LEFT and RIGHT.  :blink:

- From Hemisphere-Leo Burnett Advertising: Only males and females with striking good looks can make it to the Sales and Marketing Depts.  Nerds and weirdos can head to the Creative and Art Dept.  :D

- From DZXL:  When you go to work, you smell like a baby.  When you come home from work, you smell like a bibe.  :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I had my OJT in an IT firm, and our leader happened to be our teacher as well coz he works there too, marami kami doon, we were doing a program to fix the Y@K bug for the mainframe programs, its simple lang naman kasi OJT lang kami we were task to handle the report generation part lang, it was fun... yun nga lang the previous programmer that was assigned there did not do his job, so when i tried to read and debug his program/codes, grabe!! sakit sa ulo... ang gulo gulo... COBOL pa naman ang gamit namin nun, walang modules, it was one long set of codes... waaaahhhhhh!!!! :grr: