How to regulate blood sugar

On 4/2/2023 at 1:44 PM, kbrian said:

Forget typical filipino staples like rice, pandesal, simple carbs, sugary drinks.  Even fruits will spike those blood sugar so eat moderately. Eat meat, eggs, vegetables. Do Intermittent Fastin, para na din makatipod and more funds for MP and Spa 😂. Monitor your sugar level if diabetic.

This is so true! Sakin naman not diabetes but gout sa ankle lead me to this diet/eating habit . I read up articles  and watched doctors from youtube and ended up following this low carb almost no sugar with daily Intermittent Fasting. I also try to eliminate processed food especially sugary/sweet foods as much as I can. 

Sa weekend nagre relax ako konte, para din mawala yung sense of deprivation and ma satisfy yung cravings but eventually unti unti ko din sya i-eliminate. 

Happy to say haven't had gout attacks anymore, not on medication either. Lately lang I was able to run for  an hour which I wasn't able to do for at least a decade. This is worth it guys, ang key learning talaga is not so much as taking this medicine for that disease it's more of eliminating and stop consuming harmful food/contents. This day and age most of diseases are nutrition related/caused so obviously we just have to keep our nutrition in check. 

Edited by bonanas
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

father side has a long history with diabetes. kaya ako todo diet (or sensible eating). nde ko talaga maalis matatamis kaya i switched to no rice (as much as possible), more water intake atsaka fasting. i also try to be active (running, home exercise, bball). so far ok pa naman blood sugar levels.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Intermittent fasting has the effect of regulating your blood sugar and is an option depending on the type and severity of your diabetes.

Otherwise, it's switching to "slow carbs" that are broken down slowly so it doesn't spike your blood sugar. These are all vegetables and some fruit.

White rice, through the polishing process becomes a fast carb and spikes your blood sugar, unfortunately. So reducing white rice intake helps regular blood sugar.

Pasta, due to the processing, also becomes a "fast carb".

Fortunately, new reseach has found that cooling down white rice and pasta converts them into a resistant starch variation. Reheating it doesn't take away this property.

So, cook rice ahead of time. Let it cool down. Then reheat it before eating if you just have to eat rice and pasta.