The Mitsubishi Lovers Thread

Expect the "early adopter" type of buyer to grab these babies come April.

Honda will most likely offer 1.8- and 2.0-liter versions.  As for the 197-hp, 2-liter Si version, dream on.

By end of the year, Honda will offer an Si in sedan format for the US market.

Yap i guess you are right. I cam only dream on for the 197 hp 2 liter Si to be in the Phils

Yap it is a three door hatch! No doubt about it.  It looks great.  Why some countries can

have the better car and we phils cannot.

its depends on the company if they want to further do some research and investing into making cars fit for Philippines emission / vehicle regulations (if there is one hehe).

Its the same as Australia we dont get much left handed cars from America say for example the Mitsubishi Eclipse. Because it would cost Mitsubishi an enormous amounts of funds to get the vehicle converted to a right hand drive and also the costs for the car to meet the required emission regulations we have which is Euro3 i think (the highest, however dont quote!)

Not also that some parts of the Eclipse would then need to be replaced as well so it can meet safety regulations, for example the Mitsubishi Evo Tommi Edition cost a cool $90,000 than to the Evo IX $56,000 why because the Tommi Edition had certain parts that didnt not meet safety regulations and would not survive under Australian conditions so new parts had to be installed or be replaced , which ran costs (not also that it was a special edition) but the IX why cheaper than the other Evos to ever came to Australia was because the parts were already researched and tested local so lower costs before any of them were imported to Australia.

The euro-spec civic is a 5-door hatch.

The rear doors have "hidden" door handles found on the rear windows.

The possibility of the a new SIR being sold here will depend on how well the new civic sells.

oops my bad;

this is the one im talking about...Honda Civic 2006 Si...Euro & America release i read in Motor & from Melbourne Auto Show...

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/banners/2006/civic_si/exterior_gallery/large1.jpg

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/banners/2006/civic_si/exterior_gallery/large9.jpg

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/banners/2006/civic_si/exterior_gallery/large10.jpg

Australia could be lucky, more unlikely, but there trying to bring this one into Australia providing the new 2006 models make the bench mark of 7,000 units by end of the year.

the new civic si will be packing a 200hp engine.

abroad, they have a corolla xr producing 180hp >>> same engine as the lotus elise.

the upcoming mazdaspeed3 will have a blown 220hp engine.

but those are still not in the same league as the evo.

ilang hp ba pino-produce ng evo? i heard the impreza can produce 350hp e.

what about the evo (past or present)?

ilang hp ba pino-produce ng evo? i heard the impreza can produce 350hp e.

what about the evo (past or present)?

the current evo comes in three trim levels; the RS, IX, and the MR. all of which share the same engine (286bhp ; 289 ft.lb torque; 2liter). differences lie in the suspension, brakes, transmission, extra kit here and there..etc.

a subaru sti meanwhile has a 300bhp engine (300 ft.lb torque, 2.5 liter). but it doesn't necessarily mean an sti will go faster than an evo. choosing between an evo and an sti is like choosing between natalie portman and charlize theron. you just can't decide! you can't go wrong with either two.

there is a special evo though called the FQ400, only being sold in the UK. it's got the same 2 liter engine but this time giving out 405bhp! 0-60 in 3.5 secs! (quickest 4 door saloon in the world; quicker than a lamborghini murcielago). what mitsubishi doesn't tell everyone is that you have to send it to the shop every 5,000 miles :lol:

Edited by milhouse83

^^^Don't buy the mag anymore if you'll do so only to see how the new Civic looks like. Just drive on in to your nearest Honda dealer bec. apparently, it's out already. Just saw streamers in the village that they are offering a unit for test drive today and Sun. Honda fanatics, this is your cue...