Star Wars Saga

Episode VII is opening worldwide on Dec17. I hope we get the same date here considering the showing may be cut short by MMFF. Although this should be on IMAX for a looooong time without any interruption.

I think they will show it earlier. I remember other big budget movies opened in Asia a week earlier (Xmen, Ironman, Avengers, etc)

I think they will show it earlier. I remember other big budget movies opened in Asia a week earlier (Xmen, Ironman, Avengers, etc)

Agree. Inuunahan na nila yung mga pirata sa eyeballs ng mga moviegoers sa Asia. Usually ang exception ay South Korea.

The EU also shows it a day or two ahead of the US.

Meron na ba kayong alam cinema na nagbebenta ng tickets for advanced or day 1screening? Sa US and EU kasi may preselling na.

just for everybody's information JJ Abrams does not consider the prequels (Episodes I, II, & III) canon. only the first 3 films. he said so himself. he agrees like with so many star wars fans that the original trilogy and actualy sets and puppets trump the heavily CGI'd prequels.

he used actual sets and robotics for this film and not just relied on CGI alone to make a good movie. "Authenticity" is what he defined the upcoming movie giving homage to the majestic sets and cutting edge puppet technology that was used to make the original films.

for those that don't know BB8 is a real robot not some CGI crap like jar jar. "Authenticity"

i will take these two robots over CGI jar jar any day of the week

post-481684-0-77643600-1445617773_thumb.jpg

post-481684-0-64851200-1445617786_thumb.jpg

post-481684-0-72759900-1445617803_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Could it be possible that Luke Skywalker will be the villain in this new saga?

Luke is virtually absent in the trailer and in the poster. JJ said this was all intentional......

Could it be that Kylo Ren is infact Luke Skywalker? What you guys think?

Or he could be the new Sith Lord. Kylo's Master?

Kasi diba there should always be 2 Sith, one Master and one Pupil?

And besides, wala din sa Palpatine sa orig posters ng Starwars, pero nandun si Vader.

Or Rey and Kaylo Ren are siblings. Luke is their dad. Pwede ring ganun. Bale si Darth Vader lolo nila.

I gotta hand it to JJ Abrams and his team, they did a pretty good job keeping fans excited for this new saga. What do we know about the plot? Zero! We do not really know whats going on here. We are really being "teased". All we nerds can really do is come up with all these theories.

Hopefully the new trilogy will live up to the hype! Unlike the disappointing prequel. You know what was so bad about that prequel? Vader is one of the most awesome villains in cinema. Ask anyone for their top 10 movie villains and Vader will always be in it. Then we all got excited when we found out there is gonna be a trilogy that explains his origins. When we actually did, we got to see that he was a whinny lil b!tch in perpetual PMS. Jeez, Hayden Christensens acting and the poorly written dialouge took away everything that was menacing and cool underneath that mask. No wonder he got seduced by the dark side lol.

• 2 weeks later...

The thing i like with what JJ did is at least utilized practical effects, using advanced robotic technology and puppets to create a more natural environment with real sets. of course may CGI pa rin you can't really make a movie like this na hindi ka gagamit ng CGI pero at least may authenticity pa rin yung movie pag may totoo kang kaharap at kausap whether it be a puppet or robot at least you can see it and feel it.

Not to mention he shot it in F*CKING FILM!!!

Astig!!

• 2 weeks later...

To all fellow fans and nerds out there.....

Reviews are appreciated... keep it short and sweet.... but please by no means you should spoil the plot of the movie. Kundi suntukan na lang tayo lol.

Kidding aside, JJ Abrams did a very good job ensuring we wont know much about this movie. The trailers that came out constantly teased us. It all adds up to really making the wait and experience worthwhile. We know zip about the plot. Even if it had characters we used to know and love for the series, we do not really know what they have been up to. We are not even sure if all of them are still on the light side.

No reviews yet? ...kahit rating review lang...from 1-10 sa mga nakapanood na ng premeier last night...

Bukas pa ito magopen samin sa Japan.

Been looking at the reviews but not reading them thoroughly as I do not want to read the spoilers. Generally its favorable. The concensus is, its the one we have been waiting for.

Based on a friends reaction who saw it last night, ok daw! Its less of that intergalactic politics BS. It has all the reasons why we loved the original trilogy

Bukas pa ito magopen samin sa Japan.

Been looking at the reviews but not reading them thoroughly as I do not want to read the spoilers. Generally its favorable. The concensus is, its the one we have been waiting for.

Based on a friends reaction who saw it last night, ok daw! Its less of that intergalactic politics BS. It has all the reasons why we loved the original trilogy

Thats good then...

I have a very high high expectations for this film...JJ abrams notwithstanding....

Mines still at 9pm later...

O ha mga brader wala muna magspoil until after few days sana para sa mga di pa nakakapanood hehehehe.

Yun pa isang nagpapangit sa prequel trilogy, masyadong naging convoluted yung kwento out of all that political mumbo jumbo. Sure it was necessary to tell the backstory of the empire, but we were more interested with Darth Vader.

Lucas also failed to cast a charismatic and memorable Anikin SKywalker. We wanted him to be as badass as his Darth Vader persona. But what we got instead was a whinny emo brat bitching all the time.

If you guys have played war craft, dapat yung si Ani parang si Prince Arthras. He starts out as this badass paladin trying to protect his kingdom, but his temper and arrogance made it easy for the lynch king to corrupt him