Memory Enhancement...tips On How To

Playing games which stimulate the thought process really helps in keeping the brain sharp.

May it be simple,traditional games like dama or chess or the like

or Strategy games on your PC or over the network where u have to pit wits against other players.

Nakakatulong talagang mapanatiling matalas ang pagiisip.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Exercise your brain by reading, using your brain in calculating and not just pulling out your cellphone and using it as a calculator for simple calculations. play sudoku and crossword puzzles..

exercise your body to improve your brains blood circulation and eat a healthy diet!

yup soduko and crossword puzzles can also prevent alzeimers.. kasi daw naeexercise ng mabuti ang brain..

• 4 weeks later...

The Brain is a muscle. How do you maitain the 'fitness' of a muscle? Simple You give it ample 'EXERCISE' and 'REST'.

The REST part is easy. But how do you EXERCISE the brain?

Simple. THINK or engage in activites that will engage you into THINKing.

Word Games, Puzzles and the like are good.

Also certain supplements have had years of study and research on them proving they do help improve brain function.

One of these supplements is Brand's Essence of Chicken. Try niyo lang. Baka makatulong. (Read the research, haven't tried it myself yet though).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

repetition, work on the things that you have to remember. just read once even without understanding., leave it for half a day. read again, focus on the main points, leave it again. read it for the third time and pay attention to the details. works in the same way as reps in weight training. repetition buffs up your mental muscles. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The benefits of ginkgo biloba also include certain antioxidants which it contains – these chemical substances act upon free radicals and destroy them. Free radicals create a lot of damage to the human body and the extent of damage includes altering cell membranes and DNA structures and sometimes the damage can also result in death. Free radicals present in the environment from cigarette smoke, various pollutants, etc, can increase the number of these damaging substances. These free radicals can be responsible for causing cancers, cardiac ailments, and in some cases Alzheimer's disease. Antioxidants that are present in ginkgo biloba have the ability to neutralize these damage-causing free radicals and reduce the trouble they can cause.

Edited by saiyanken

The Brain is a muscle. How do you maitain the 'fitness' of a muscle? Simple You give it ample 'EXERCISE' and 'REST'.

The REST part is easy. But how do you EXERCISE the brain?

Brain itself is not a muscle, it is an organ composed of white and gray mater, axons and dendrites responsible for synapses, aided by release of neurotransmitters. However, it sends sensory/motor signals to the muscles for it to function accordingly. Only way to improve memory is to do things repetitively, say reading an instruction manual over and over again, that way the information will be stored as long term memory. It wont hurt too if you analyze the information as well. Also, making use of keywords and mnemonics is an effective way of recalling information.There are no scientific researches nor clinical studies done regarding the efficacy of nuts in enhancing one's memory.

• 3 months later...

1. Have enough sleep.

2. Use associations.

ex.

The song "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" reminds me of the movie Armageddon that I watched in 1998, while having to cross the flooded streets just to get to the downtown area. Typhoon Gading just struck the day before and it was also the first time I played 3-on-3 basketball on a flooded court where I scraped my right knee and so I have this scar to remind me of it too.

3. Use mnemonics.

ex.

Going to a movie house and you plan of doing other things, think KKK! It means going to the kadilim-diliman, kasuluk-sulukan, kadulu-duluhan part of the movie house to have the least chance of getting caught.

• 4 months later...

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.

Education must not end when school does. Continue studying a new skill that is interesting to you.

Organs that are not used will atrophy. People who do not think very much have brains with low capacity. The brain is like a muscle, and increased use will often increase the strength of the brain and the intellect.

Avoid toxins such as alcohol and recreational drugs which directly affect the functioning of the brain and often can cause damage to it.