Apple iPad

Apple's primary target for this are ebook readers but eventually this would evolve like the iPhone. So if you're itching for this then it would be smarter to wait for its predecessor with a more powerful processor & graphics capability.

What I really can't get is why Apple still can't put a multi-tasking feature for the iPhone or the iPad yet. Does it mean that it still doesn't have the processing power to do multi-tasking?

the New apple I-pad is not that revolutionizing compared to its predecessor, the Iphone or the I-touch.. the Ipad is just a rehash of the same old boring thing.

Personally, it would at least serve as a nice addition to my car, (that is a soon as relevant software would allow me to download (FREE) full length movies into ). It kinda big TV touch screen that would let me do tons of things while on the road. (Don't worry ill pull over when needed). I think that is the only appeal to me. Otherwise, I wont be bothered spending 299 US$ for me to lug around this heavy and bulky Ipad. :thumbsdownsmiley:

the New apple I-pad is not that revolutionizing compared to its predecessor, the Iphone or the I-touch.. the Ipad is just a rehash of the same old boring thing.

Personally, it would at least serve as a nice addition to my car, (that is a soon as relevant software would allow me to download (FREE) full length movies into ). It kinda big TV touch screen that would let me do tons of things while on the road. (Don't worry ill pull over when needed). I think that is the only appeal to me. Otherwise, I wont be bothered spending 299 US$ for me to lug around this heavy and bulky Ipad. :thumbsdownsmiley:

I understand you. I see the connection between downloading free movies and your price resistance. But heavy and bulky? As opposed to what? An iPhone?

HTC is also planning ro release their IPAD like notebook but the feautures will be similar to mini notebooks that are there in the market intel atom processor, 250 gb memory, wifi, bluetooth, built in webcam, and etc. if this comes to market then It wil be a hit for the budget concious consumers who thinks of features and reasonable price

Sorry to burst your bubble but not only do you misinform, you also dish out a generous helping of bovine excrement because no one, not even the owner of PAL himself could have got his hands on an Apple iPad to buy and then re-sell. Because:

1. As telecommunications devices, the iPad has not yet been approved for sale by the US Federal Communications Commission. Both types have radios devices (wifi, bluetooth and 3G in the other model) and these require certification.
  2. The lack of certification is why Apple announced a March ship date for the wifi+bluetooth model and April for the 3G model. This is clear in the Apple web site (www.apple.com) and I attach a screen dump of the relevant page (underscoring is mine).post-188-1265900084.jpg
  3. The shipping schedules were also announced by Steve Jobs during the announcement keynote last January 27. If you wish you can also watch the video at the Apple site.
  4. Perhaps you saw the last Grammy Awards show and thought that because Steven Colbert pulled an iPad out of his jacket, it was already on sale and therefore you might be able to pull off a fabrication about geting some 'firsthand tweaking' time with it. It is not. Anyone with an iPad in his possession now can only get one if Apple gave him one because it is still illegal to sell them until approved by the US FCC.

So, unless your last name is something like Jobs, Wozniak, Schiller, or Ive it is impossible for you to have had a "first hand tweaking" of the darn thing. You could have been one of the journalists invited during the Apple keynote for a post presentation hands on for your "first hand tweaking" but then you would not have had required the intervention of a friend from Philippine Air Lines.

There are other more elegant ways to put down a product you don't understand to elevate one that you think you do. I suggest you look into the ones that don't make you look foolish. A good place to start would be one that espouses a bit more research, a lot less fiction.

I think there is a topic on fiction and fairy tales in the Literature thread. You might find some respectability there.

I hope it will be available to the average hard working Juan de la Cruz by December.

• 2 weeks later...

steve jobs blames flash for slowing the system down, and he thinks html5 will be used more than flash...iPad will also not allow multitasking, that means no music playing in the background while surfing the net and stuff..

Still, the iPad will have its applications when you need a computing device that can be held with one hand so you have another hand to input information.

hope Zune comes out with something much better.

after reading and browsing about the iPad over the months; specifically what the heck is it really used for, I believe the iPad wasn't designed or wasn't directed for its full potential.

I was thinking yesterday that if only the iPad had thin client capabilities, it would be a very powerful tool.