Bohol is my sanctuary. I go there at least once a year. The last was right after christmas. Accesible. Not as commercialized as boracay. The people are very friendly. Food is dirt cheap.

The best way to go around the island is to rent those 50cc motorbikes (ala honda dream) at P100 per day in Tagbilaran city and just fill up the tank. You will be amazed at the places you can go, the sights you can see, even without a guide. Ask any boholano directions, they may point with their lips, but they will point you to the right direction. You can get as far as carmen (chocolate hills) in as little as 2 hours. Masaya lalo na grupo.

Make your base panglao or tagbilaran. Then go on from there.

Must visit:

1. Tanglad Iced Tea and Organic Buffet at Bohol Bee Farm (Panglao)

2. swim with the dolphins and if your really lucky with whale sharks of Pamilican Island (Baclayon)

3. Tarsier Farm (Corella)

4. Mag-aso Falls (Antequera)

5. Awp-awp Grille (Maribojoc)

6. Sweet tuba from any sari sari store in Calape

7. Camp Magsaysay (Bilar)

8. Fresh kuja (oysters) in Kainggit Beach (Tagbilaran)

Internet access is available. Cell sites in most towns. Beer is cold in most places.

For those who are into alternate reality activities, this too can be sourced out locally.

Maraming salamat for the tips

• 4 weeks later...
no offense bro pero i just have some comments, nde ko lang mapigilan...

went there 2 weeks ago. spent 4 days and 3 nights sa alona beach. PANALO stay namin. :thumbsupsmiley:

1. 3.8K a night is way to much, sobrang daming mga resorts dun na pwede mong puntahan... maglakad-lakad ka lang. nakakuha nga kami ng room 1K lang, hot and cold shower, may pool din tas may room service pa. Aircon pala cya, me mga fan rooms din kc.

2. with the food naman, may mga set meals dun (filipino, american, german etc...) ok naman cya, sossy nga kc me mga kasama pang isang slice ng fruit considering turo-turo lang yung iba naming kinainan, nasanay na siguro sa mga foreigners.

3. i enjoyed swimming sa beach, ganda kc ng sand eh. chaka sarap magpa tan.

sobrang accomodating lang kc ng mga locals, my rating is 8/10. ;)

Bro, sang resort/hotel yung 1k/night? Good for 2 pax na ba yun?

• 1 month later...

Got back from a great vacation in Panglao Is., Bohol. Stayed in Lost Horizon resort in Alona beach for 1 night. Ok yung place (costs 2,300!!!), pero may TV, ref, nice T&B, balcony. Then we transfered to Dumaloan(?) resort in Dumaloan(?) beach for another night. Mas ok yung shoreline sa Dumaloan beach(parang station 1 ng Bora) compared to Alona(parang galera) pero sa Alona mas maraming places like bars and restos.

I fell in love with the place. Although there are two things I didn't like at Dumaloan and Alona Beach ---- Food and drinks are very expensive!!! Beer costs P50, and food will cost about P200++ per person per meal; At sobrang dami ng lamok!!!!!

The tour was ok too, kaya lang the food at the Loboc River cruise(?) kinda sucked, though buffet sya, sana mas madaming option.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
punta kami ng panglao sa monday...

san po maganda magstay which is affordable at maganda ung beach....

any recommendations po?

plano kasi namin dun na maghanap mismo ng resort....

first timers kaming lahat.... sana mag-enjoy..

punta kayong tagbilaran, madami dun... or diretso kayong tubigon or sa lawis, inabangga...

Ok dun... :cool:

punta kami ng panglao sa monday...

san po maganda magstay which is affordable at maganda ung beach....

any recommendations po?

plano kasi namin dun na maghanap mismo ng resort....

first timers kaming lahat.... sana mag-enjoy..

try dimaluan beach resort in panglao island. if im not mistaken 1800php ang room na good for 4 person. mag snorkel din kayo sa balicasag island. ganda dun...

just came from bohol via cebu, we stayed at bohol divers resort (Panglao Island) for 1 night, they charge 800 for their fan room... we did scuba diving with sierra madre divers at Balicasag for $40 (Php2k)/person... maganda ung sa alona beach, sobrang fine ng sand, ung tipong pang mud pack... ASTIG!... we also experienced the countryside tour for only 2k using honda city courtesy of mang Alex.... then nag stay kami sa tagbilaran city sa may Buen Bella Pension House for only 950 (deluxe room + 200 for extra person) with breakfast....

I have read and will consider the places and resorts mentioned in this forum. Thank you very much!

But I still need information and feed back from those who have gone to Alona Palm Beach and Flushing Meadows Resort in Panglao. Would you recommend these over Bohol Beach Club and Panglao Island Beach and Nature Resort?

I checked their websites but a first hand experience would be most helpful. The price points are also no sure gauge of what the resort can offer.

Will be waiting for your tips/suggestions?

ano meron dun sa tubigon or sa lawis, inabangga?

Dont stay in the Tagbilaran resorts. Go to Panglao Island

try dimaluan beach resort in panglao island. if im not mistaken 1800php ang room na good for 4 person. mag snorkel din kayo sa balicasag island. ganda dun...

Yup. They got good rates plus swimming pool.

I have read and will consider the places and resorts mentioned in this forum. Thank you very much!

But I still need information and feed back from those who have gone to Alona Palm Beach and Flushing Meadows Resort in Panglao. Would you recommend these over Bohol Beach Club and Panglao Island Beach and Nature Resort?

I checked their websites but a first hand experience would be most helpful. The price points are also no sure gauge of what the resort can offer.

Will be waiting for your tips/suggestions?

If you want some peace and relaxation, go to Dimaluan, Bohol Beach Club is there. We stayed at Dimaluan Beach Resort. If you want access to a lot of bars (na di naman napupuno) plus a lot of resorts minus the nice shoreline, then go to Alona Beach

Here's a sample pic(s) of Alona and Dimaluan beach repectively (mukhang medyo malabo yung sa alona):

HUGE PIC DELETED. PIC ATTACHMENT SIZE SHOULD BE LIMITED TO 640 X 480 PIXELS ONLY.

post-1334-1170316195.jpg

Edited by Wyld

If you want some peace and relaxation, go to Dimaluan, Bohol Beach Club is there. We stayed at Dimaluan Beach Resort. If you want access to a lot of bars (na di naman napupuno) plus a lot of resorts minus the nice shoreline, then go to Alona Beach

Here's a sample pic(s) of Alona and Dimaluan beach repectively (mukhang medyo malabo yung sa alona):

HUGE PIC DELETED. PIC ATTACHMENT SIZE SHOULD BE LIMITED TO 640 X 480 PIXELS ONLY.

sarap naman. good for you bro. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

been to bohol last summer, though i stayed in tagbilaran and went to panglao for swimming. haven't enjoyed the night-life in tagbilaran, very dry......

for those who wish to have their vacation in bohol, i have with me the contact number of our tour guide (DOT accredited) that might be of help to you..... just PM me.

Got back from a great vacation in Panglao Is., Bohol. Stayed in Lost Horizon resort in Alona beach for 1 night. Ok yung place (costs 2,300!!!), pero may TV, ref, nice T&B, balcony. Then we transfered to Dumaloan(?) resort in Dumaloan(?) beach for another night. Mas ok yung shoreline sa Dumaloan beach(parang station 1 ng Bora) compared to Alona(parang galera) pero sa Alona mas maraming places like bars and restos.

I fell in love with the place. Although there are two things I didn't like at Dumaloan and Alona Beach ---- Food and drinks are very expensive!!! Beer costs P50, and food will cost about P200++ per person per meal; At sobrang dami ng lamok!!!!!

The tour was ok too, kaya lang the food at the Loboc River cruise(?) kinda sucked, though buffet sya, sana mas madaming option.

agree on the food for the loboc cruise and lamok hehehe...staying here in bohol beach club, its unfair for thses resort to ask a fee pag papasok ka sa beach area nila good thing all expensense paid by my company....work con pleasure kasi ako dito ngayon hehehe

went on a day tour

1.chocolate hills

2.baclayon

3.tarsier

4.python sanctuary

5. picture taking sa blood compact

rate on my bohol trip 7/10

:cool:

Hi! how much is the room rate for dimaluan beach resort? how about the service? i read somewhere it's not good

thanks!

Edited by G.I.

when we went there.. we walked through alona beach going to TRUDY's... grabe ang ganda ng beach at night super serene talga walang waves, very calm yung water.. and you can see the moon...

i miss the place and i want to go back there... hopefully soon....