Diesel Or Gasoline?

my vehicles, 2003 crosswind xuvi and 2010 mazda bt-50, are all diesel-fed..... sure, the crosswind sounds like a puj but I am satisfied with the diesel economy....... the crdi tech and turbo of the new cars nowadays solved the sound and the speed problem ancient diesel cars experienced.

just a thought.

Correct. My Fortuner and my GF's Dad's Montero are both "simplified" SUV (actually AUV for American standard) fed with diesel.So far no problem with the sound associated with diesel engines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the sound of a diesel engine never amused me. imagine a bmw sounding like a f*ing PUJ. Fail. <_<

duh please search first before you post , acctually diesel engines have higher sales for bmw ,audi mercs in europe . the problem is the diesel fuel we have in the phils is not euro4 spec kaya hindi siya refined pero pag nakakita ka ng bmw or audi na diesel na diesel di mo mapapansin na iba

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

depends on the car type. if SUV or big displacement engines, i'll go with diesel.

at least mas mura yung nagagastos mo kahit marami nakokonsumo nya na fuel.

pero if sedans, i'd prefer gasoline engines. cheap to maintain.

panalo ka pa rin in the long run.

Crdi require cleaner grade diesel as well or you will have future problems with it fuel system aka pay for better diesel like vpower or blaze diesel. Not all crdi are as efficient as the old generation diesel but in terms of power n noise itis better

• 3 weeks later...

If you drive more than 15,000 kilometers a year then Diesel is the way to go

If you drive less than 15,000 Kilometers in a year then go for Petrol

Why? because the price difference between diesel and petrol does not come into play unless you drive this amount of distance

Example sa mga hindi naka gets

difference between price of diesel and gas 10 pesos

difference between price of Fortuner gas (160horse power)and Fortuner diesel 3.0 (160 horse power) 300k

over 5 years = 60,000 pesos per year / 10 pesos = 6,000 liters of Diesel to be used before breaking even with the price difference of the car

6,000 liters of diesel can travel 60,000 kilometers in a diesel vehicle - medyo extreme kasi Fortuner

Kung innova, mga 120,000 pesos lang ang price difference - so still have to drive 20,000 km a year to justify the price difference in acquisition cost