Hair Loss

balahura kid

Just suffered from alopecia areata.. 2 months plang from now.. Bale tatlo patches palang nakikita ko.. Any advice doc?

Alopecia Areata can be caused by stress (physical. emotional, psychologica or mental) or if you are taking some medication or undergoing treatments and some other factors.

If you have no WarayBuhok or Arabuhok Family or genes (Androgenetic Areata), and there is no underlying illness that can cause the falling of the hair -- you can certainly use the medication available in the market to treat the baldness,

It is highly recommended to use (any meds of your choice. One way or the other it can still work your way to regrow your hair. I do not want to patronize one product. Hehehe. I think, all of those are available and researched that's why FDA approved it for use) -- follow instructions and ensure that before taking any topical solution, the scalp should be well cleaned, not greasy or anything that will block the absorption of the medicine. Use 40% alcohol in a cotton ball, clean with it -- and then follow the meds' instruction religiously.

Avoid covering your head as much as possible (Helmets, hats, etc). Diet also contributes to areata. Also avoid using commercial hair products.

If you can visit any dermatologist much better, however I can see in some mall there are some free hair consultation in order for you to assess the condition of your hair.

It can be easily treated, it takes time but it will. :)

Kaya yan...

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Nakakalagas daw ang madalas na pagmamasturbate? How true?

I got this advise from a chemical engineer and it works:

Normally people who have oily scalp sheds hair because the oil contains a chemical that loosens the hair. Following his advise, I wash my hair 3 times a day with mild shampoo (right now it is easy to do so because of the lockdown) and in less than a week, my hair stops shedding.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Male pattern baldness is caused by a dominant gene from the mother and an increase in levels of hormone DHT or Dihydrotestosterone. It can start at any age as early as 20 years old or during adolescent period but it still varies from patient to patient. I personally experienced this and tried everything. From Novu Hair, Svenson, Minoxidil, Finasteride to hair transplant, wala pa rin.. you just have to accept the fact and live your life to the fullest. I know hair can give you confidence and charm but when its a natural cause, you can only do much probably decrease its progression. After all, being bald or having thin hair is not that bad.. just stay healthy and avoid stress.. 😁

• Winner! (+1) 1

male pattern baldness kasi are two types ...ung receding hairline and yung monk type baldness (numinipis buhok sa bumbunan).

for receding hairline try minoxidil and for monk baldness try finasteride. but be PATIENT. it takes months to see the effect.

specific ang effects nito amigo ha ? applying minoxidil to monk baldness will NOT work and taking finasteride for receding heairline will NOT work either.

in our family ako na lang ang hindi kalbo ( i still have a thick head of hair ) because i started taking propecia ( branded name ng finasteride for monk type  hair loss ) more than 30 years ago. Try consulting a derma. 

Again YMMV your mileage may vary.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...