#42 J888Cool

J888Cool

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 03:23 AM

Hi

Share ko lang work experiences ko (syangapala, I check Dilbert almost everyday, and nakaka-relate talaga ako!)

1. I had this terrible manager. May forward syang tanong ng boss nya, tapos papasagot sa akin ... tapos sasagot naman ako ... "I recommend that ....". Tapos after a few weeks naka-receive kami ng mail from senior management ... kino-congratulate manager namin for excellent ideas and stuff ... tapos nung binasa ko yung mail exchange - "I recommend that ... " putsa, exact words ko ... walang labis walang kulang. Ang nag-iba lang e wala na pangalan ko dun, pangalan na ng boss ko.
Daming beses nangyari ito ... ginamit nya rin ibang team mates ko ... and na promote sya to senior management dahil sa team namin. Pero ok lang sa akin ito ... basta di nya ako makalimutan ... iba rin kung may kakilala ka sa taas e.

2. I had this teammate, babae. Tanong ng tanong sa akin ... sinasagot ko naman ... sweet ako e. Yun pala, may clients kami na ang daming tanong, and nasagot ko lahat ... problema nga lang, yung teammate ko yung kausap ng client kaya ang labas sya yung magaling. Tapos pagmay natapos akong deliverables, nagv-volunter sya na sya magde-deploy ... tang-ina inaako nya yung work ko. And now promoted sya, ako hindi. Tang-ina ... sama ng loob ko until now. Mga tol, advice lang ... never give voluntary work to your teammates, never help them .. if they need help, tell them to formally request for help thru your boss. Kasi pagnatapos nya work nya with your help, tingin ng manager mo magaling sya ... and ikaw na tumulong at hindi mo ntapos work mo, tingin sa iyo inefficient. Basta dont give any work info, help, deliverable voluntarily ... dapat meron kapalit lagi.

3. I had several great managers ... and they're really good in both management and technical stuff. Its great to learn from good and bad managers ... para pagtayo na ang managers, we know what to do and what not to do. The best manager I had would pass by our workspace almost everyday ... talk to someone about family life and he really takes time to know you. Lagi nakangiti yan, and always asks us kung ok kami. Kaming mga tao nya noon, would work overtime for him ... and do our best to make him proud of us. He's senior management right now ... and after 2 years of working on a different team .. he still knows my name and still ask kumusta career ko, work, family ... galing talaga. Hope I would be as good as a leader as he is.

Yung company pala ng friend ko e open for application. If you guys are interested, check this site : http://careers.accenture.com ...

Fresh graduates from different courses can apply here .. experienced IT people, PM nyo ako dahil I could make my friend recommend you sa company nila.

regards,

J888Cool

#43 2cute4U

2cute4U

Looker

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:baking (spiked!) brownies lol!

Posted 08 February 2003 - 06:33 AM

hi Aian! great thread. just as i promised you... :) may entry na ako sa thread mo. anyway, have fun later. oki doki? :) take care. ciao.

#44 pardonme

pardonme

palaboy-laboy

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts
  • Interests:rock climbing, rock concerts and sleeping

Posted 08 February 2003 - 02:46 PM

aian, hehehe nauna lang pala ko sa uwi kanina ng 30 minutes.. hahay..

#45 nixs

nixs

Totally Lost!

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2682 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 12:05 PM

well im gonna quit my work at globalstride. ive just edited for the nth time my resignation later, im gonna leave by 1st week of march. ive come to the fact na im not that serious enough to pursue a career in tele (hate to admit that) and i hafta re-align my interest in the call center industry. the only thing that keeps me from leaving the company is bago ung team ko and they're supportive and cool and even my team leader is quite kalog, kala ko nga team mate ko lng sya kc he's so supportive and mabait.

another thing but na lng bati na kme ng barkada ko. all ends well i guess for us. one of the things that was botherin nung eb sa mystic grill was my barkada kaia i looked stupid serious. srry guys abt that. serious problems were involved.

after the eastwood eb i went to laguna to have lunch @ my tita's resort. ewan ko ba. its a sorta therpay for me na go out of towns maski puyat ako or pagod just to feel ok and get myself back on track. but hell it works for me. i only wish id had more time in hand and just go back to manila whenever i like. tpos when i got back i had to tke cre of my balikbayan relatives and keep them happy with their stay here. tpos konting buntung hininga then had bath then change clothes then went to the hospital coz my bes' mom was confined. and i hafta to give any supprt i could give kc that very family gave me home and supprt when i was in college (i really hated my "real" family during my college years...)

b dnt u wrry abt me im ok. thnxs for d concern. ill just be around...enjoying what i have and appreciating them. the reason why im goin up to baguio is that i just need a break and spend some time with my barkada (they're my surrogate family for 5 years) and to think things over. i dunno kung isasama ko bes ko. she's not in the mood to join me either. anyways try ko maghanap ng ksama ko dun (yaw ko ren kc mag mukhang chaperone to my barkada, and i need someone to talk to) hopefully i can let out all my sama na loob and get over things that i should've done a long time ago. tke cre always b...nice meetin yah! :blush:

Edited by aian_27, 10 February 2003 - 12:13 PM.

#46 nixs

nixs

Totally Lost!

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 2682 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 12:37 PM

ang qt ng song toh...*sigh

hoku- you first believed
How many times did I pray you'd find me...
How many wishes on a star,
Gazing off into the dark
Dreaming I'd see your face
Safe at home unafraid,
Captured in your embrace.

So many times when my heart was broken,
Visions of you would keep me strong.
You were with me all along,
Guiding my every step.
You are all that I am
And I'll never forget.

It was you, who first believed
In all that I was made to be.
It was you, looking in my eyes.
You held my hand and showed me life.
And I've never been the same,
Since you first believed.

There were times when I thought I'd lost you,
Fearing forever was a dream.
But it wasn't what it seemed,
Placing your hand in mine,
You could see in the dark,
You were guiding my heart.

You held my hand and showed me life.

You held my hand and you showed me life.

How many times did I pray you'd find me...

How many wishes on a star...

#47 nixs

nixs

Totally Lost!

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 2682 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 02:50 PM

last post for the day for me. need to think some things over.*sigh. i feel depressed ryt now. good thing ala nang matinong gamot sa pill box. i feel really ironic and angst ridden ryt now. if ever and2 sa tabi ko bes ko id ask her to slap me.*sigh. c u around guys :unsure:

#48 pardonme

pardonme

palaboy-laboy

• (07) Avid Member
  • 4360 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 03:00 PM

kaya mo yan tol. :)

#49 nixs

nixs

Totally Lost!

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 2682 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 12:37 AM

i think im ok already thnxs to therapy minus the medicines... i cooked dinner and talked with my bes' went to sunken g (pra tignan ang fair) and didnt go to work...hehehe...srp matulog sa gabi tpos had a box of veggie pizza...tsarap....yummy!

pardonme - thnxs 4d support dude...

im raving coz my mum finally agreed to let me to go skinhead again! grabe hirap kausapin! next agenda gym pra bumagay ulit sa ken ang style na un...nyahahahah

Edited by aian_27, 12 February 2003 - 02:51 AM.

#50 nixs

nixs

Totally Lost!

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 2682 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 02:46 AM

j888cool i see ur situation. well lets hope karma will bite back at them...hehehehe

#51 nixs

nixs

Totally Lost!

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 2682 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 01:34 PM

i just came from a short nap. online ako magdamag kc sa kakulitan ng sis ko. tagal na raw nyang nde ako nakikitang nangungulit sa ym. sbi ko nmn ive work to do so i hafta sacrifice chattin for now. anyways masaya magkaroon ulit ng sis even though in reality i dont have one. *sigh...av a gud weeekend guys...tke cre sa pagpila sa atm sa valentines...maybe u myt find the one ur lookoing for there... B) :blush:

#52 2cute4U

2cute4U

Looker

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 03:33 PM

im ranting coz someone called me "mataba" today! geez... maski biro or lambing pa sya. hay naku.

IM NOT FAT! IM BIG-BONED!

anyway, ill let that pass since di ko matiis yung taong nagsabi nun sa akin. but up until now i still feel bad about it. :(

#53 pardonme

pardonme

palaboy-laboy

• (07) Avid Member
  • 4360 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 03:35 PM

2cute4u, ok lang yan. gusto mo turuan kita ng arm lock para next time na makita mo sya e pwede mo na balian ng buto :)

#54 tammygirl

tammygirl

Wooer

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 03:42 PM

hi aian!!! sa globalstride ka pala work. may former officemate ako na nag-wo-work na sa globalstride. how are you today? :)

#55 pardonme

pardonme

palaboy-laboy

• (07) Avid Member
  • 4360 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 03:47 PM

tammy! san na yung promise mo na picture mo? kulit ano? :lol:

#56 2cute4U

2cute4U

Looker

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 03:47 PM

2cute4u, ok lang yan. gusto mo turuan kita ng arm lock para next time na makita mo sya e pwede mo na balian ng buto :)

di ko ata kayang gawin sa kanya yun. but just the same, your invitation for free karate lessons is more than welcome. :)

#57 pardonme

pardonme

palaboy-laboy

• (07) Avid Member
  • 4360 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 04:06 PM

2cute4u, well, we can always do it the easy way, just give him the "finger". lol! :lol:

#58 nixs

nixs

Totally Lost!

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 2682 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 01:40 AM

hi aian!!! sa globalstride ka pala work. may former officemate ako na nag-wo-work na sa globalstride. how are you today? :)

[COLOR=gray]e2 pondering my future lyf after leaving global... :) buti na lng i have b as a single reason to stay with global in the meantime[COLOR][/SIZE]

#59 coffeeholic

coffeeholic

fuzzy

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11952 posts
  • Interests:having honest conversations, engaging with real and no bullshit individuals, drinking authentic coffee and talking about life over 40% alcohol content.

Posted 14 February 2003 - 11:16 AM

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

#60 2cute4U

2cute4U

Looker

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 11:24 AM

[COLOR=gray]e2 pondering my future lyf after leaving global... :) buti na lng i have b as a single reason to stay with global in the meantime[COLOR][/SIZE]

that's nice aian. at least youre keeping your head above water. glad somebody's giving you the inspiration. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users