How About Japan (tokyo, Kyoto, And Other Cities

• 1 month later...

haay grabe hirap ngyun d2 :cry: dming nag close company hnd ko 2loy mgawa yng dream ko n mg try ng blonde hehehe :P kso mdyo mhal 6-20 lapad ( around 30-100k php ) wish ko lng hnd nko mliwag sa tokyo nxt time station plang ng train mwa2la kna hahahahaha :D

ive been to sapporro in hokkaido... we tried the onsen experience... wherein you go in a very hot tub... and that time when we went, it was winter, so the water was really smoking hot... plus i had my girl with me.. which made it even hotter... we did it in the tub, i had a hard time because the water was very hot and if i stood up, the air was so cold also... unforgettable experience.. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have been to japan sa hokkaido well all i can say kahit province cya maganda cya nice ang steak nila sa keiko hotel nyt life da best if you are japanese they dont adapt to you,you have to adapt to them m ok ang hot spring nila sa sapporo ok din nice yung crab nila very big talaga n yung buffet nila sa may susukino sushi sashimi wow hehe all i can say goin back with my wife ipon lang uli pero mow sa tokyo naman hehe

Guest lustfortravel
Lovely country! I was in Osaka and Kyoto for work last year and it was just amazing. Am hoping to go there sometime this year and hopefully stay a bit longer. :)

i second the motion. i really want to return to japan - i missed sakura season this year since i decided to go to bali instead. kyoto is a photographer's dream - the same is true with the rest of japan. i love the people.

i miss japan. :(

Edited by lustfortravel
i second the motion. i really want to return to japan - i missed sakura season this year since i decided to go to bali instead. kyoto is a photographer's dream - the same is true with the rest of japan. i love the people.

i miss japan. :(

It's true about Kyoto being a photographers' dream especially during the sakura season when the flowers are in full bloom. Unfortunately for me, I was there during winter. Still loved it though. It was my first time in a long time down by the Kyoto/Osaka area since our house is in Tokyo so it was a wonderful experience. NOw that you've mentioned it, I should try to shoot for an April or May departure next year.

Guest lustfortravel
It's true about Kyoto being a photographers' dream especially during the sakura season when the flowers are in full bloom. Unfortunately for me, I was there during winter. Still loved it though. It was my first time in a long time down by the Kyoto/Osaka area since our house is in Tokyo so it was a wonderful experience. NOw that you've mentioned it, I should try to shoot for an April or May departure next year.

the shinkansen and the subway makes everything so accessible. that is not to say that it's not confusing for a first-timer. i did get lost on my first day alone in yokohama going to kita-kamakura. but i still had a wonderful time getting lost since i could hop from one train to another. :lol:

i'm also targetting an april or may departure next year. :)

the shinkansen and the subway makes everything so accessible. that is not to say that it's not confusing for a first-timer. i did get lost on my first day alone in yokohama going to kita-kamakura. but i still had a wonderful time getting lost since i could hop from one train to another. :lol:

i'm also targetting an april or may departure next year. :)

In case you need tickets or are looking for accommodations in Japan, hit me up. We run a travel agency so you could at least compare prices. Really really need to visit Japan. You are obviously more adventurous than I. I am Japanese and yet are morbidly terrified of taking the train in Tokyo alone. Osaka was much more friendly with English signs all around the stations. :goatee:

Guest lustfortravel
In case you need tickets or are looking for accommodations in Japan, hit me up. We run a travel agency so you could at least compare prices. Really really need to visit Japan. You are obviously more adventurous than I. I am Japanese and yet are morbidly terrified of taking the train in Tokyo alone. Osaka was much more friendly with English signs all around the stations. :goatee:

i was carrying a rail pass so i really didn't worry. the only problem i had was the ones who could speak english were on the major stations catering to the rail pass holders. and since i went to the opposite direction, there were no more english signs even on the trains. i just decided to sit back and enjoy the view and figure out what to do when i reach the next station. :lol:

the kita-kamakura station was a revelation of sorts. it was so quaint, something like out of the 60s ( think trees and traditional houses on the sides and the train station just a small room in the middle of nowhere). there was just two railings-one going north and the other going south . you just had to decide where you were going and stand on that side. the one manning the exit/entrance gates could not speak english so i had to flash the rail pass so he would let me out/in.

i think it was at that moment when i stepped out of that station that i fell in love with japan. :lol:

thanks for the offer, i might just contact you one of these days. maybe for the tickets since i normally do the reservations directly with intercon.

• 2 weeks later...
i was carrying a rail pass so i really didn't worry. the only problem i had was the ones who could speak english were on the major stations catering to the rail pass holders. and since i went to the opposite direction, there were no more english signs even on the trains. i just decided to sit back and enjoy the view and figure out what to do when i reach the next station. :lol:

the kita-kamakura station was a revelation of sorts. it was so quaint, something like out of the 60s ( think trees and traditional houses on the sides and the train station just a small room in the middle of nowhere). there was just two railings-one going north and the other going south . you just had to decide where you were going and stand on that side. the one manning the exit/entrance gates could not speak english so i had to flash the rail pass so he would let me out/in.

i think it was at that moment when i stepped out of that station that i fell in love with japan. :lol:

thanks for the offer, i might just contact you one of these days. maybe for the tickets since i normally do the reservations directly with intercon.

Those stations sound like the ones where our house is located. Haha. It's next to the Tokorozawa Station in the Kyose area. About an hour's train ride from Ikebukuro. I might try and be more adventurous this time around. I will TRY.

Might end up leaving before the end of the year rather than next so there go plans of seeing the Sakura flowers in full bloom. If you guys are interested, I can post some pics that I took when I was in Osaka. Come to think, are we allowed to post pictures here?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

If you ever visit Osaka, make sure to visit Nara which is not too far away. For those who like theme parks, you can visit Universal Studios which is an exact clone of the ones in Los Angeles and Orlando.

For those visiting Tokyo, a trip to Mt. Fuji and lake Hakone is a must. Tokyo is also home to Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea.

If you ever visit Osaka, make sure to visit Nara which is not too far away. For those who like theme parks, you can visit Universal Studios which is an exact clone of the ones in Los Angeles and Orlando.

For those visiting Tokyo, a trip to Mt. Fuji and lake Hakone is a must. Tokyo is also home to Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea.

Incidentally, Osaka is also very close to Kyoto. Aside from Universal Studios, there's a great Aquarium (one of the largest in the world) and a huge Ferris Wheel called the Tempozan Ferris Wheel just beside the Aquarium.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bought a 7-day JR Pass early this year. Went to Japan and I believe it was worth it. Landed at Nagoya, stayed there for 2 days then went to Hiroshima and Miyajima. Then off to Osaka, Okayama, Kyoto, Nara, and Kobe. Bitin but the pass itself was worth it. I believe the fact that it was used from Nagoya to Hiroshima and Hiroshima to Osaka already paid for itself.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...