Fact: Marcos is winning in the voting for best president on this forum. :lol:

Congrats!

In fact i would like to make a motion to close the voting so that the result can be final and official in order that loyalist can build him another bust (please a larger one than before) that says "MTC Best President Award" for this achievement :)

At least ALAM NA! na mas may saysay kaysa naman nun una na siya mismo ang nagpagawa for self gratification. :)

Speaking of the Marcos Bust ... Its a FACT that the Ibaloi were displaced from their lands just to construct that.

Edited by rooster69ph

Of course, it's a myth! :lol:

Madali lang naman magsabi na mas maraming naitayong classrooms si Marcos than all the other presidents after him combined. Maski ako kaya ko i-claim yun eh. :rolleyes:

Kaya nga sabi ko talk is cheap ... numbers won't lie.

Actually the claim that Marcos built (when the term used in the quotation is "produced") around 90,000 is debatable based on this source of mine that says 57,100 lang ang naipagawa niya during his first 4 years in office. http://www.gov.ph/1970/01/26/ferdinand-e-marcos-fifth-state-of-the-nation-address-january-26-1970

I would suspect that the 90,000 is the total classrooms available at that time which included those built before him (hence the term "produced"). But this is immaterial at this point considering even at 90,000 it is still a myth.

Eto o napakalinaw cut and paste galing sa ipinost niya ..."We had a total of 49,000 elementary school classes added to the public schools system from 1966 to 1969; we produced 90,986 classrooms. "

Two things here in this statement ...

First, 49,000 were added from 1966 to 1969.

Secondly, they were able to produced 90,986 classrooms

But it was interpreted by the poster as 90,000 were built from 1966 to 1969. Thus to claim 90,000 built during his first 4 years is also a myth.

Eto o napakalinaw cut and paste galing sa ipinost niya ..."We had a total of 49,000 elementary school classes added to the public schools system from 1966 to 1969; we produced 90,986 classrooms. "

Two things here in this statement ...

First, 49,000 were added from 1966 to 1969.

Secondly, they were able to produced 90,986 classrooms

But it was interpreted by the poster as 90,000 were built from 1966 to 1969. Thus to claim 90,000 built during his first 4 years is also a myth.

You should quote the entire excerpt. If you read it carefully, you'll know that "classroom" is different from "classes". You produce classrooms to accommodate classes. If you read the entire exceprt, you'll also notice he was comparing the number of classrooms "produced or constructed" from 1962-1965, which was 800, to accommodate 48,000 "new classes" for the same period. So.. Marcos produced or constructed 90,000 classrooms from 1966-1969 to accommodate the 49,000 new classes during that period, plus the 47,200 backlog from Macapagal's period, hence making the claim at the end of the exceprt that they have addressed that problem.

But we can debate this forever, of course. Everything about Marcos is subjected to debate. We may have different opinions whether he is the best or worst President, but I would say he is certainly the most interesting.

I was just stating a fact which is spot on with the topic. :lol: Oh, and no one has been able to discredit the fact that Marcos won the 1986 elections.

The former mayor of Baguio City denied this claim by the Ibaloi as the Ibaloi were just compensated according to him.

No need to be defensive...i don't see anyone contesting that marcos is leading the mtc survey for best president. I was even suggesting that you give him an award for this. I'm guessing that this would be something he and his family would bevso proud of :). Time to build that bust.

No one can also discredit the fact that the international observer delegation believed that it was not an honest and orderly election which cast a doubt on Marcos victory.

No one can discredit this fact either ....

On 24 March 1986, the Regular Batasang Pambansa passed a "people's resolution" signed by 150 lawmakers. The resolution nullified the election returns that proclaimed Marcos and Tolentino as the winners, and instead confirmed the victory of President Aquino and Vice-President Laurel.

And who determines if one was justly compensated? The buyer? Are the Ibaloi even willing sellers? Kaya pala ganun na lang ang pagkagalit ng mga Ibaloi. This is one big joke...funny noh?

Edited by rooster69ph

what a waste. hindi na dapat pinag-dedebate ang kalokohan ni marcos. wala namang ginawa mga loyalist kundi ipag-research ang mga anti-marcos. as if alam nila pinagsasabi nila. tapos na lahat yan. kinabukasan na ng bansa ang dapat pinag-uusapan.

won the 1986 elections? the one where the comelec staff walked out? yeah, that is how he has been winning elections. but it had to take the courage of ordinary comelec employees to expose marcos' underhanded tactics.

what a waste. hindi na dapat pinag-dedebate ang kalokohan ni marcos. wala namang ginawa mga loyalist kundi ipag-research ang mga anti-marcos. as if alam nila pinagsasabi nila. tapos na lahat yan. kinabukasan na ng bansa ang dapat pinag-uusapan.

won the 1986 elections? the one where the comelec staff walked out? yeah, that is how he has been winning elections. but it had to take the courage of ordinary comelec employees to expose marcos' underhanded tactics.

right on the money ...

History is written by the victors and conquerors... most probably there were abuses during his regime pero sinong presidente ba ang walang record nun pati graft and corruption... ang tanong, sinong presidente ang makaka match ng mga nagawa nya?

Makakamatch sa nagawa niyang graft and corruption at kawalanghiyaan/pangaabuso? WALA!

Fact: si Marcos ang may naiulat na pinakamalaking halagang ninakaw na yaman sa bayan kumpara sa ibang pangulo. Not even the convicted pluderer could hold a candle sa nagawa niya.

Speaking of the Marcos Bust ... Its a FACT that the Ibaloi were displaced from their lands just to construct that.

In relation to the earlier post ... it is also a FACT that the court decided in favor of the Ibalois since it ruled that their land were taken by force. This is an example of how it was during the martial law era. What Marcos wants, Marcos gets.

Bernardo Vergara was the PTA General Manager at the project's inception; today he is the Mayor of Baguio City. When interviewed by local journalists about this most recent attack upon the Marcos bust, he denied the Ibaloi's accusations that they were forced to sell the land to the PTA. Vergara insists they were fairly compensated.

Ibaloi land is inherited through family and culturally the sale of land is taboo as it brings bad luck upon the seller and the whole clan. But, refusal of sale to the Government in 1976 could bring even worse luck. The whole of the country was, after all, under Marcos' Martial Law.

In April 2001, a four-year court battle concluded that six hectares occupied by Marcos Park is to be returned to its rightful Ibaloi owner because it acquired the property by force, but the PTA have appealed against the decision.

The Ibalois, represented by Elder Ina Kinomis, proved to the court that they never sold their land but were forcibly driven out by some 30 armed men in military uniform with the use of four bulldozers. He said the men arrived at their village, Barangay Taloy Sur, aboard helicopters and military vehicles. The villagers were gathered in a local school building where the PTA personnel had brought typewriters and mimeographed Deeds of Sale. Those who could not write their names put thumb marks on the documents. Kinomis told the court that a soldier grabbed his thumb and forced it on the document with no explanation of its contents.

Makakamatch sa nagawa niyang graft and corruption at kawalanghiyaan/pangaabuso? WALA!

Fact: si Marcos ang may naiulat na pinakamalaking halagang ninakaw na yaman sa bayan kumpara sa ibang pangulo. Not even the convicted pluderer could hold a candle sa nagawa niya.

Marami ng nakamatch sa mga allegedly nagawa nyang mali... let us not close our eyes doon... ang tanong ko, sino ang makaka match sa mga positive na ginawa nya...

Fact: marcos lawyers claimed that he was too weak to even stand trial.

Therefore the fact is marcos was never convicted nor acquitted.

People can be charged and tried in absentia... kaya me mga lawyers to represent people who can't be physically present

Fact: No Philippine president has been able to match the number of infrastructures that Marcos did.

and whose value is directly proportional to the amount he pocketed. include in the infrastructure those buildings and complexes poorly planned and are now rotting.

ang babaw mo naman if paramihan lang ng infrastructure ang punto mo. dapat tama ang tinayo at ginawa. hindi paramihan.

and most important, hindi sya dapat yumaman dahil sa tinayo nya.

I know, I know. where is my proof? bla bla. he wasn't convicted. bla bla. I should research. bla bla.

all of that has been answered. mga loyalist lang mahilig magpa-research.

Edited by punkee

Unfortunately, he wasn't tried in absentia ...

as such it never came to a point wherein the court had to decide on his conviction or acquittal.

Then it is not his fault... better to send 1000 criminals free rather than send an innocent man to jail...

Incidentally, the government can run after his state

Edited by *kalel*

Kung report lang ito asan ang ebidensya at bakit di sya na convict?

I am agreeing w you na me ginawa si marcos na mali... pero hindi mo sinagot ang tanong ko kung sino ang makakatumbas samga ginawa nyang tama....

Kung report lang ito asan ang ebidensya at bakit di sya na convict?

I am agreeing w you na me ginawa si marcos na mali... pero hindi mo sinagot ang tanong ko kung sino ang makakatumbas samga ginawa nyang tama....

Bakit di mo subukan sagutin ang katanungan mong bakit di siya na convict...dahil ba sa malinis siya?

At anu-ano ba yun tinutukoy mong ginawang tama?

Edited by rooster69ph