Diesel Or Gasoline?

My experience with diesel powered vehicles is that they are somewhat more expensive to maintain.

Maybe the experts can share some tips on how to save some on maintenance. Thanks.

IMHO, a cool head and a light foot goes a long way.

Don't over drive the car, regularly check/change your vehicle's fluids, this would save you a lot of money in the long run like calibration and overhauls (never had a vehicle overhauled, that's how caring I am for my car)

• 1 month later...

Every single vehicle I have owned, be they off-road or plain use, are diesel machines.

This is for the very simple reason that I always drive pick-ups - which are all diesel-fed here in Pinas.

If you drive long distances for pleasure, like say 720 kilometers going up the extreme north of Luzon, heavily loaded with people and cargo, and no repair facilities in sight, and you only meet the occasional fellow vehicle every hour or so, you will want something tough, durable, can take merciless treatment, and keep plugging on.

That can only be a diesel machine.

There is a reason you never see a puny flimsy gas engine burning overpriced gasoline installed in serious, heavy duty trucks, anywhere on this planet.

A very good reason.

Leave the gas engines to them city boys and the electric cars to them tree-hugging environmentalists. They can't take nothing stronger.

LC

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Every single vehicle I have owned, be they off-road or plain use, are diesel machines.

This is for the very simple reason that I always drive pick-ups - which are all diesel-fed here in Pinas.

If you drive long distances for pleasure, like say 720 kilometers going up the extreme north of Luzon, heavily loaded with people and cargo, and no repair facilities in sight, and you only meet the occasional fellow vehicle every hour or so, you will want something tough, durable, can take merciless treatment, and keep plugging on.

That can only be a diesel machine.

There is a reason you never see a puny flimsy gas engine burning overpriced gasoline installed in serious, heavy duty trucks, anywhere on this planet.

A very good reason.

Leave the gas engines to them city boys and the electric cars to them tree-hugging environmentalists. They can't take nothing stronger.

LC

Very well said.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my vehicles, 2003 crosswind xuvi and 2010 mazda bt-50, are all diesel-fed..... sure, the crosswind sounds like a puj but I am satisfied with the diesel economy....... the crdi tech and turbo of the new cars nowadays solved the sound and the speed problem ancient diesel cars experienced.

just a thought.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...