Open Source Software

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installing NVIDIA card drivers are pretty straight forward if you have a DSL or any broadband connection. You just simply follow the instructions found on this website:

Install NVIDIA proprietary drivers.

Bro Thanks!! i will try to follow the instruction.. na-open ko yung link.. medyo parang ang hirap sa beginners na katulad ko.. but i will try.. i will just post question if ever it will not work.. thanks again..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just DL-ed Gutsy Gibbon iso from taiwan yesterday (sa office hehe mabilis - maluwag't wlang kaagaw sa bwidth, next Gutsy-server iso naman :evil: )

My concerns on GG: Wazup? have you guys experienced any problem with GG already. Any new feature or matter that should attend to? What are the 'diff's? and what do the new kernel exhibit?

At my work, we just deployed Feisty to various users. And now I intend to skip Feisty and have Gutsy already for further deployments. Too bad, I might as well oblige myself to upgrade the earlier 'Feisties' :cry:

I'll post my fr's soon. Hoping to come-up with a good distro here

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just DL-ed Gutsy Gibbon iso from taiwan yesterday (sa office hehe mabilis - maluwag't wlang kaagaw sa bwidth, next Gutsy-server iso naman :evil: )

My concerns on GG: Wazup? have you guys experienced any problem with GG already. Any new feature or matter that should attend to? What are the 'diff's? and what do the new kernel exhibit?

At my work, we just deployed Feisty to various users. And now I intend to skip Feisty and have Gutsy already for further deployments. Too bad, I might as well oblige myself to upgrade the earlier 'Feisties' :cry:

I'll post my fr's soon. Hoping to come-up with a good distro here

bro... been using Gutsy since it came out and I find overall good a bit its a bit more rough around the edges than feisty. It seems that there is an aura of the reelased being rushed by the developers. A lot of small and minor annoyance but not enough to destroy the exprience. If you need help with it let me know i might be able to provide some assistance.!

cheers!

• 3 months later...

Hardy Herion 8.04 is out, and I have kubuntu - ganda ng display.

Right then ubuntulite based from HH - ano to prang pde alternative sa knoppix.

Problems sa GG - device issues lang. Applications wla masyado, matagal lang talaga ang update

If people wanna try playing WWIII on linux, still EE package dahil sa Ubuntu Ultimate release well deployed ang wine games. May kalakihan lang kaya hirap ma-download.

And meron na plang forum Ubuntu Philippines

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...