Amazon, E-bay and other Online Shopping Sites

gilanne07

no problem with amzon for the last 8 years. Must have spent more than 10,000 dollars with them already. Ebay is a different kind of animal. Its really buyer's beware. but if you know what you are doing, its the best place to get bargains.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've spent most of my purchases in Ebay when I was in the US. I think Ebay there is more safe and reliable compared here. Just make sure that you check the reviews for the seller first, I don't settle for seller's review lesser than 98%, that's my trick! I can send back items that I'm not satisfied and they gave me my refund easily.

anyone can give estimates how much is it to ship a laptop from the USA to here in Pinas??? am planning to bid at ebay...

What about custom charges and other miscellaneous??

first timer here

Lastly, Whats the best and cheapest delivery method?

I have used ebay and amazon almost every week from electronics to jewelries medicines, car parts, toys, and some groceries. No issues so far for the last 8 years since I started purchasing items online. (big ticket items purchased at ebay and amazon include Plasma, LCD monitors, laptop, PC, jewelry, watch and even DSLR camera and lenses. ALL head-ache free transactions so far :D)

Like some folks here mentioned, look at the seller ratings and DO NOT pay cash or money order. If disputes arise and likewise security is a major concern, the credit card companies can help.

The best shipping method (not necessarily cheapest) is UPS or Fedex since you can track the progress of your item. US Postal Service Priority Mail is also reliable (cheper than UPS and Fedex) and has tracking the US but once it gets outside the country then you are at the mercy of the local shipper.

For shipping items like laptop (The seller can best provide the quote as shipping is dependent on size and weight) and insurance!

Edited by fire_breather
I have used ebay and amazon almost every week from electronics to jewelries medicines, car parts, toys, and some groceries. No issues so far for the last 8 years since I started purchasing items online. (big ticket items purchased at ebay and amazon include Plasma, LCD monitors, laptop, PC, jewelry, watch and even DSLR camera and lenses. ALL head-ache free transactions so far :D)

Like some folks here mentioned, look at the seller ratings and DO NOT pay cash or money order. If disputes arise and likewise security is a major concern, the credit card companies can help.

The best shipping method (not necessarily cheapest) is UPS or Fedex since you can track the progress of your item. US Postal Service Priority Mail is also reliable (cheper than UPS and Fedex) and has tracking the US but once it gets outside the country then you are at the mercy of the local shipper.

For shipping items like laptop (The seller can best provide the quote as shipping is dependent on size and weight) and insurance!

thanks for the info..

I'm aware of all the scams in ebay... I'll sign up with paypal just to be sure.... What delivery method do sellers or buyers usually prefer??

How much is the shipping charges of your laptop? IS it door-to-door delivery or you have to pick up at customs? what about custom charges for a laptop? .. Sorry for asking a lot of questions but I'm serious at bidding for a laptop at ebay. Just wanna make sure... :):)

i've ordered things from ebay using paypal and have it shipped via usps express mail ok naman. less than 1 week nandito na. i only had to pay 40 pesos for delivery fee.

40 pesos or dollars?? :):):) What things do you usually order?? is Usps express mail a door-to-door delivery service?? Do you have to pay for customs...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ebay.ph's relatively safe, first thing to check if you're the buyer is the feedbacks received by the seller; kilatisin mo mabuti kasi yung iba fake yung mga feedbacks magkakakilala (kung mukhang de-kahon yung feedback malaki chance na usapang under the table lang ito)..

if you're amenable to the"pay now, get your merchandise later" scheme, make sure you have the seller's contact # (landline /fax number; wag yung cellphone)..that way in case it's a scam you have something that can lead to the scammer's whereabouts (report nyo sa NBI)..

It's ok to pay via bank or money order, wag lang via G-cash (most commonly used paying method of wouldbe scammers)..

buy your items from so-called powersellers (mga around 100 or more transactions as seller sa ebay)..

peace!

i have used, and still continue to use, amazon extensively. pag ebay naman, i make sure i can pay using paypal, and that i have paypal protection of up to US$2000 (stated somewhere sa T&C on the bottom part of the page). and i only buy from ebay stores, and not from ebay auctions. tsaka pala i have the item shipped to an address in the US, then that person sends it to me. watch those feedback points closely pala!!

good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

:thumbsupsmiley: well as I work for eBay I can say safe naman sya.. However I cannot say na walang na sscam sa eBay..... anyways when you do buy from eBay just remember if your in d US or worlwide na eBay never use western union money transfer opstions or bank to banks... pro sa eBay.ph well i really dont know about their operation pro you should try to meet with the seller kc sa eBay.ph ligal na ligal yun..... if you ever have problem with your eBay accounts or transactions just pm me maybe i can help you out to see kung ok yung bibilhan nyo :) pwera lang sa eBay.ph kc mdyo safe naman tlga coz you can meet in person e...