Vintage / Classic Cars

just want to check whos into classic cars. right now i have a 71 mopar satellite sebring with a 360 still in the works and a 64 triumph tr4 convertible.

in the future (and if my wallet permits) i want a mr.slim. so anyone selling a mr.slim thats affordable please pm me!!

please list your prized possession, be it american,european, japanese basta classic!!

• 4 weeks later...

just want to check whos into classic cars.

please list your prized possession,

I’m into classic cars.

Currently Jaguars like the XKE

I don’t yet own an E but own two xj-s

The kittens are just like pets to me

Have even blown them kisses at night

Do you like Jaguars?

As for me I like all cars always have just like people they all have a place in the world and do some thing different

My best friend since high school,

Had a Jaguar. The car was white, the interior black leather with creases rubbed into the hide. I'd admired the car for some time, and one day he took me for a ride in it. How to describe it? The shock, the sheer exhilarating breath-less ness of that car overwhelmed me. All the senses reeled under the assault of the Jaguar. Sight of course: oh my lord the look of that car, front wings sleekly stretching back like the arched spine of the jungle cat that was its namesake; the big round headlights opposite the oval grille; and those hips, the curving flanks of the rear fenders where they flow up from the door like the pelvis of a beautiful woman sleeping beside me under a sheet of white silk.

Touch? Yes, naturally; the caress of the Connolly under me, the rough jumping of the suspension on the pavement, the buzz of the motor through the chassis as it through the gears. And sound, sound perhaps the most important part of the synaesthesia, the whine of gears beside my hip and the purr of the motor changing to a deep guttural cry -- a sound that I cannot help but call to mind when I read the old cliché about "the cough of a hunting cat. Some new senses for me opened up in my relationship with cars that day. Smell: hot Castrol on aluminum, Wilton wools, hair-jute padding, the old-book smell of the leather, and a little of the sweet musk of gasoline from under the hood. Once you buy a Jaguar, you find out that it's almost impossible to only be into Jaguars halfway and the fire and ice relationship really begins. Friends and family will stare at you in astonishment, with a look in their eyes that says either "I sure wish I had one of those" or "What an idiot!!!" And you will find yourself going thru these same cycles. When I’m feeling good about my Jag, I think "Wow, this is so cool, I _really_ love having this wonderful car." When I’m feeling bad about it I wonder what the hell I was thinking when I got it.

267bill,

hey man you could be a poet!!! thanks for sharing your love-hate relationship with your 2 babies. your xj-s are 6,8 or 12 cyl?

thats the same feeling i get when riding a classic car...theres something about those carburated engines and basic technology that makes you feel you are one with the car...

6,8 or 12 cyl?

thats the same feeling i get when riding a classic car...theres something about those carburated engines and basic technology that makes you feel you are one with the car...

Yes; I couldn’t agree more carbureted motors just seem to relate to the soul.

I too love basic technology

There is nothing better then the feel of a tight rack in the curves

Currently the silver XJ-S is all original with a V 12

The other XJ-S was a V-12; but the V-12 has been removed and put in to storage, and a V-8 was in stalled.

Pm or email me any time you wish to talk about classic cars

it is my favorite topic.

nissan

youre in luck!!! i know someone selling a 1970 mach 1, but without the engine. if youre not a purist, just install a 351 and its a go!! havent seen the car but sabi nya its all complete until the emblems.

yun lang nga iba itsura ng 69 sa 70. personally i love the 70 cuz of the gills. kunin ko sana if im not loaded with project cars.just sold my mini and my corvair convt cuz no time(and money) to fix them all up.

I have a 65 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham which was mothballed back in 79. It has 56k miles and was running well when parked. I just need to get the beast going but I'd like to have it restored. Can you guys give me some names of credible and competent restorers. Preferably those with extensive experience in old GM vehicles. Thanks.

rge,

contact frank of route 66, hes into classic car restoration. i saw a 57 bel air convt, an olds 442, an imperial, chevelle, and 2 firebirds in different stages of restoration.hes really into benzes but his mechanic can fix american cars as well. ill pm you his number ill just look for his card.

guys

anyone here selling their classic car?

anyone here looking for a classic car?

post your requirements/for sale items in this thread.

i hope we can have an area in the net where we can talk,trade,buy and sell classic cars,just like the forums i frequent eg motorcycle phil and volkswagn club. but for now dito muna tayo.