On 1/25/2022 at 2:14 PM, maestro90 said:

My Biggest stock win so far up to this point is DITO, from average of 1.50, I was able to sell at 18.00 share...That is more than 10x....

Second so far was MM from IPO price of P1.00 and sold at P7.00 for a 7x gain....

Still holding on SPNEC since wala pa sell signal.. Lets just see kung ma replicate niya ung kay DITO or MM..

Good luck guys...

Good job. sayang i was not active in local market the last 2 years

On 1/25/2022 at 6:21 PM, ichiromiyata98 said:

Sold some of my $SPNEC a while ago. Just wanted to hear the cash register ring for 2022. :D

Sir @ichiromiyata98, Sir@Harding. I just sold mine too just to realize some of the gains.

Just a bit of a background. My SPNEC historical value is around 9k then it jump to 25k (unrealized gain). I then sold all of my SPNEC to realized the gain and bought back the same amount shares.

Is that an alright move? I read your comments and insights here together with @sirheinrichcu, and its really helpful. Thank you for that. Though a newbie in trading, I try my best to understand whats happening to earn 😅

Thanks!!

Edited by yutsugi678
  • Like (+1) 1
10 hours ago, yutsugi678 said:

Sir @ichiromiyata98, Sir@Harding. I just sold mine too just to realize some of the gains.

Just a bit of a background. My SPNEC historical value is around 9k then it jump to 25k (unrealized gain). I then sold all of my SPNEC to realized the gain and bought back the same amount shares.

Is that an alright move? I read your comments and insights here together with @sirheinrichcu, and its really helpful. Thank you for that. Though a newbie in trading, I try my best to understand whats happening to earn 😅

Thanks!!

Hi sir @yutsugi678, my post is usually very lengthy in this thread. Siguro i make sure lang na makapag add ng value or somewhat complete ung explanations from my standpoint. But please do understand, I may lay some facts in here. But it doesnt mean that I am better than the others or vice-versa. You will only find out, who's better if we compete in a trading competition or via ledger. Then, you will know the truth of our trading via our results.

Clearly, our style or strategy are very much different. Not sure if you already know. But if you know how to read charts. You will see the difference of the strategies and methodologies been used.

Normally it takes time and precious effort to learn it. But if you are diligent enough. For sure you will get there. Now to answer your question, for me kulang yung data na binigay mo? wala kang entry (trigger price), cut loss price, position size, and why re-enter $Spnec at that stage? This are very important for me.

Generally, "there are no right or wrong move in this business. But there is, does it work or not work for you."

Let me expound, for me, time is money in the markets. That is the reason, why I immediately cut my losses small if im wrong(not working trade in my favor) and redeploying money on another trade that might work, I like to trade higher probability setups with a small risk. That is the reason, why i only trade uptrending stocks and avoid downtrending stocks. Another reason is odds in my favor, I focus on names that has leadership quality, and liquid names. Time frame is very important too (some people can only hold a stock, for a minute, an hour, a day, a week, months or years). Some people are good on position trading, trading downtrending stocks and etc.

May mga tao na kaya hawakan, ung mga 20% down, 40,50% and even higher na losses. Ung iba, pag nakita yung mga yun sa portfolio nila nadodown ung morale (close broker, tas iisipin hayaan ko muna to makakabawi naman to soon), Ung iba, nadedepress, ung iba nakakachamba bumili ng di alam tas lumipad, then inulet di na nagawa ulet. And the truth is, kahet chamba lang, di maagaw ng iba sau yun still its your performance at gains mo pren yun (problem only arise when replicating the same trade).

So what's my point, you will need to basically understand kung ano ba ung ok sau na strategy at ikaw lang ung makakadefine nun, at yung nagwowork sau (making money on balance). 

Btw, congratulations! sana di ka naapektuhan nung pinost ko na nagbenta ako ng half of holdings ko. My bad, di ko dapat ginawa ata yun? hahaha. Kaya ko lang pinost kasi minsan yun ung isang important factor na di ginagawa ng isang retail trader lalo kung nabulag na or nailab na sa stock holding nila. Ako kc kaya ko ginawa, part of technical and tactical selling sya. So for $SPNEC, inerase ko na ung maturn into a loss ung good amount of gain (mortal sin for great traders). Merun nalang is much bigger gain or smaller gain than before. Since nakabenta na ako. :)

Now to learn about IPO plays. bigay nalang ako ng tingin kung may silbi.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDUeUTn3AerP5UeuuVP7-Dl4lisZzVu4T

Once this IPO play is done, sa price structure nya ngaun. massive ung buhusan neto. Let's see how it turns out. Juanis did explain it on the video btw. it is very detailed. hope it helps!

Edited by ichiromiyata98
added info
  • Like (+1) 1
10 hours ago, yutsugi678 said:

Thanks!!

Taking a profit is always a good part in stock market investments. whether that is small. what is important is you can trade on another day to make  a profit. we have different risk appetite as a trader. I am risk taker but maybe you are not. it means that you only trade the style you are comfortable with until you master the trading and get higher profit. experience is the best teacher to develop your trading style. read books about the gurus of stock trading and you will avoid costly mistakes. stock market trading is a continuing learning process .

• Like (+1) 1

The fastest I've read is this book. Mabagal pako magbasa neto inabot ata ng 2 hours.

Short summary: The book is a requirement in William Oneil's company. It's either you read it before you got hired as a stock broker. Or if you got hired, this is one of the books they ask you to complete. If you watched youtube interviews of great traders on their firm, they will mentioned it (if asked). Ofcourse, they required "how to make money in stocks book" as well.

Regarding the book, nicholas darvas is a dancer. that study and trades the market on the other side of the world. Meaning, malayo sya sa mismong exchange and he has a work while doing it. And Lo and behold, he made $2M. That's why he became famous on the wallstreet. Plus, this was very easy to understand.

Note: I make sure that I've read the book. And not watched the summary or hear some audio book (personal choice). Since in summary, you could miss an important element or information.

One of the techniques I've used in reading books before it became a habit. Is the one chapter per day technique. Here is how I do it. I read 1 chapter of the book per day im interested with, take down notes (so that it retains on mind), then try to look into the charts the data which the author is talking about for verification( i want my eyes to be familiar on the structure itself, this is use in spotting a potential trade).

Holy grail: No other better thing than starting. I would honestly say, this was an advantage. I also agree, that experienced is the best teacher, together with some guidance from the books. Kasi ung mga naranasan mo, mararanasan mo palang, andun na e. 

Screenshot_20220129-133952.jpg

Edited by ichiromiyata98
added info

Why reading a book and studying market stuff is an advantage and not a guarantee for a person to make some money. The only answer is "emotional control and extreme discipline". 

I've once heard a story from a trader champion in iloilo. Medyo di ko na kabisado ung story but here's the gist.

Ung trader champion, tinuraan nya ung anak nyang 12-14 yrs old to trade. He teaches him the strategy, the ways how to execute. Everything he knows.  One time, they are trading an asset class not sure kung gold or any other stock name. The structure failed or the trade gets invalidated (hit the cut point based on the plan of the champion trader). Guess what he do? he didnt cut it, and he even added to the loosing position and after a while (realizing his mistake) took the loss and dumped it(with much bigger loss than he plan to loose if the trade sours). Guess what the 14 yr old do, he follows the plan and cut the loosing position.

Here's why: the trader champion (got emotionally involved on the trade, he thinks of the money he will about to loose). The boy, didnt care for the money, he just followed what he was been thought. Why? because the boy, doesnt know the value of the money he is about to loose. All he knows is, the trade is a cut and invalidated. 

That boy's account is up 20-30% that time, when the champion trader shares he's result btw. So profitable yung bata.

Hope you find the story quite interesting, and got the lesson. 

Edited by ichiromiyata98
added info
  • Like (+1) 1
On 2/4/2022 at 1:57 PM, Batang hampas lupa said:

Aabangan ko payan sa bounce.....

Mukhang may play payan.

Anyway congrats pala sa mga naka sakay.....

Agree, this is still in play (since liquidity is still present on the stock). Possible for a bounce. For now, it's a pass for me. No setup. Other probabilities is, it regains ATH again and continues the move. 

Not a concern for me, if I buy at a higher price (buy back), if setup is there and risk is small. Or my setup, didn't occur (opportunity cost), I'll then be happy to missed it. 

There will always be a cost in this game. For example, a person is playing for a bigger move (he/she for surely would endure this correction in price). Meaning to say, bigger gains will vanished (slow/fast depends on the reaction in price). Then it might take a round trip (hits your buy price (might go below or support from there, then continue when should it supposed to be going. Either up/down).

Or if a person, already sold on strength. Chances are, if this continues. You might missed it. Or bought at a higher price (buy back). 

So all depends, on the person at this stage. Key for me, make a decision, make a plan, execute it. No if's, no but's. Those person who didn't have a discipline normally encounters a problem. 

Edited by ichiromiyata98