The Car Buying Guide - Brand New Cars

Hey guys ... I'm starting this thread because I'm a car fanatic. If you will buy a car (here in the Philippines) nowadays, what will you consider buying?

Will you buy a Pajero, Trooper or a Prado? Or will you settle for a Vios or City?

Personally, I will go for a Pajero. It's basically gwapo and economical.

Give me your thoughts.

Well, they have their own qualities and backsides. Pajero stands for comfort and smoth riding qualities because of mitsubishi's suspension technology. Trooper, has a stiff chasis which helps in off-road driving. it also offer power output especially in the off-road, muddy, terrain. Prado, is the executive look type. but it's suspension is a bit stiff. a good engine balance is it's good quality. Another SUV that you should try is the Nissan Patrol. It's 3.0 engine is the largest diesel engine a japanese manufacturer can offer. larger angine means greater power, speed, and torque. It also offer the good riding stability and comfort. I hope i helped you out.

But the Chevy silverado is the best!!!!! Regarding the VIOS and the CITY, you should consider the mitsubishi lancer MX. because of it's great transmission system. the INVECS.

Hey guys ... I'm starting this thread because I'm a car fanatic. If you will buy a car (here in the Philippines) nowadays, what will you consider  buying?

Will you buy a Pajero, Trooper or a Prado? Or will you settle for a Vios or City?

Personally, I will go for a Pajero. It's basically gwapo and economical.

Give me your thoughts.

Well, they have their own qualities and backsides. Pajero stands for comfort and smoth riding qualities because of mitsubishi's suspension technology. Trooper, has a stiff chasis which helps in off-road driving. it also offer power output especially in the off-road, muddy, terrain. Prado, is the executive look type. but it's suspension is a bit stiff. a good engine balance is it's good quality. Another SUV that you should try is the Nissan Patrol. It's 3.0 engine is the largest diesel engine a japanese manufacturer can offer. larger angine means greater power, speed, and torque. It also offer the good riding stability and comfort. I hope i helped you out.

But the Chevy silverado is the best!!!!! Regarding the VIOS and the CITY, you should consider the mitsubishi lancer MX. because of it's great transmission system. the INVECS.

I used to own a Mitsubishi Lancer GLS 2002 .. I sold it after 6 months ... ok yung Invecs pero .... the service of Mitsubishi .... a big F

Ako Toyota Echo...kelangan ko kasi ng maiksing kotse.

Paano, stoopid nung gumawa ng bahay namin, bitin yung garahe :P

ay! ganyan yung car ng Lolo ko!! cute car! lots of compartments! kaso nga lang baduy yung napiling kulay... parang blue green na ewan...... make sure u get the echo not the echo verso... parang baduy ang design nung echo verso....

;) Well does it really have to deal with ones character, i'd go for a Crosswind, even though it's not in the level of an SUV, hindi yun ang habol ko, for me,it's the durability of the engine,plus the cargo capacity, am i making sense? Now a days with the unstable prices of fuel, mahirap na pumili, eventhough diesel engines are noiser tipid ka naman diba. No matter what kind of suv you have is how you take care of it, and not whether it's more popular than anoher suv
;) Well does it really have to deal with ones character, i'd go for a Crosswind, even though it's not in the level of an SUV, hindi yun ang habol ko, for me,it's the durability of the engine,plus the cargo capacity, am i making sense? Now a days with the unstable prices of fuel, mahirap na pumili, eventhough diesel engines are noiser tipid ka naman diba. No matter what kind of suv you have is how you take care of it, and not whether it's more popular than anoher suv

I guess you will also need to consider it's maintenance cost .... i just spent 16k for a 20k mileage servicing ..... you know my car .... it's diesel

PAJERO!!! Economical kasi ito, and I've driven my mom's car already, ito po yun, and ganda points

True enough .... for Pajero (2002) with a 95 liter fuel tank capacity ... you will only need to fill up once or the most twice a month ....

My full tank will average 1200 to 1350 which will last 2-3 weeks. Not bad!

ay! ganyan yung car ng Lolo ko!! cute car! lots of compartments! kaso nga lang baduy yung napiling kulay... parang blue green na ewan...... make sure u get the echo not the echo verso... parang baduy ang design nung echo verso....

We have an Echo Verso. My only caveat is that its a manual and not an automatic tranny. But we have absolutely no regrets buying it. It's roomy inside, economical, the VVTI engine is energetic, and the handling is very crisp. We also have a '97 Civic VTI and the Echo feels more precise in its handling, although the Civic will beat it hands down in acceleration. Maybe it's just a difference in character, the Civic is also fun to drive.

Too bad Toyota doesn't sell Echos anymore. The Vios is supposed to be the successor, but I haven't driven one yet.

hey dudes!! how much woud a mini cooper cost?? uh, sana yung kamukha nung kay mr. bean!!!!

marc.alan, so you're in the market for a classic cooper ei?

well, that would depend on the condition of the car...if its restored or not,

how original the parts on it are, and the condition its in.

ill try and check around with my friends for you locally...

pm me to remind me if i dont get back to you by next week. B)

We have an Echo Verso. My only caveat is that its a manual and not an automatic tranny. But we have absolutely no regrets buying it. It's roomy inside, economical, the VVTI engine is energetic, and the handling is very crisp. We also have a '97 Civic VTI and the Echo feels more precise in its handling, although the Civic will beat it hands down in acceleration. Maybe it's just a difference in character, the Civic is also fun to drive.

Too bad Toyota doesn't sell Echos anymore. The Vios is supposed to be the successor, but I haven't driven one yet.

The echo, and even the verita, were experiments in the RP market.

Toyota misread the RP market with the Echo eh...in Europe, compact hatch backs are all the rave...in the philippines though, a majority of the market like their cars larger, look at the SUVs AND AUVs - our motoring mentality is closer to the states than europe. Hence most of the car buyers tended to want a car that had a 'puwit' or trunk. This is why the Echo did poorly. It was a good car though, but they also sold it at an outrageous price...at close to 560-640K, you could get a much larger 1.6 sedan. The VERSO was better because it was like a VAN and a car, pero expensive for the common buyer at over 700K.

Am afraid Peugot and Opel are misreading the market again by pushing small hatchbacks. There IS a niche market for it though, as staypuff mentioned - he needs a small car. Pero that niche market has to both really WANT and NEED a hatchback, because if they dont, theyd realize that for the same price - they can get a sedan. And for cheaper, they can also get a sedan like the VIOS and the CITY.

Happy car shopping though! :)

IF I would buy a car?

Do we mean realistically? or fantasy-like?

Realistically...

Am happy with the ones i bought the past years...

(A Nissan Altima - first car i bought in the 90's, and a Ford pick-up)

Pero if i were to add to it (am hoping our car benefit for sr. mgt. gets an upgrade), id really like to aim for a 3 series BMW or a small Volvo (S40) next year.

Fantasy...

I'd really want a HUMMER H2 or H1 :P

for my scuba diving and safari trips, I'll go even for a second hand 2000 Range Rover or Land Rover. super reliable.

everyday service, cguro dapat matipid sa gas, hmmm..Civic/Accord or Toyota Altis. if may money to spend, Porsche Boxter S-type.

pag pang date, commute. hehehe. dun mo kc makikita personality and breeding ng girls eh..yung patience nila..etc.