I'm not a teacher myself, but a couple of my cousins are.

One teaches pre-school, while another teaches elementary (can't remember which grade, since he taught a different grade this year). They use the Internet to scour for additional teaching materials, although I don't think they used the Internet as a primary or significant resource per se.

I am.............. Well half of the time. Actually I use teaching as a reason for me to keep studying the basics so I don't forget them.

I have tought the following subjects

General Zoology

Comparative vertberate anatomy

Cell and Molecular Biology

General Ecology

Human Ecology.

Oh yes I use the inet. It makes communication with students better, plus it cuts the time off preparing lesson plans.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a teacher for 7 years (that was 5 months ago before I got out of the f#%&ing goverment education system :grr: ) I taught Computer courses, photoshop, video editing, and programming. :D Teaching is a good profession, it only gets ugly once the system influences it. :thumbsdownsmiley:

wow! i am glad to know many MTC members in the education area.

well what i meant by using the Internet is not basically for browsing MTC hehehe.. but for adding juices to your lesson plan or course syllabus.. or to help your students.. how do u use the Internet or the computer on this aspect?

Well I a not tenured in the campus, half of the time im either in the field or lab. Some students want to have consulation and its virtually impossible without technology. I do not give cellphone number but I do give my email to entertain their concerns.

All of the section that I handle has a yahoo group. Any announcement I have to make outside class or any handouts I need to give I attach trough e-mail

been teaching for 7 years now (college level) , i discover that teaching is really one of my passion, its really a noble profession, but then financially you cannot rely solely on teaching. i consider myself as a techky guy - i love gadgets and use also the internet for some instructions.

subjects taught:

General Biology

Gen Botany

Gen Zoology

Vertebrate and Invertebrate Zoology

Plant and Animal Systematics (Taxonomy)

Gen Chemistry

Organic and Inorganic Chemistry

Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy

Human Anatomy and Physiology

Microbiology

Parasitology

Comparative Vertebrate Embryology

Biochemistry

Medical Transciption

• 1 month later...

teacher pero not in a traditional setting.

i assist in lower level math tapos intermediate to higher reading in a kumon center.

i use the internet, technically, to get infos to help improve my students' interest in reading.

fulfilling... kaso di pa ko grad ng college, part time job pa lang to.

i hope to teach psych if my kids are old enough na. tagal pa yun, wala pa nga kids e.

• 3 months later...

I became a college instructor immediately after i graduated from college. i handles the social sciences and business law because i was also in law school that time. then i resigned and went on a different path but i guess teaching is really my passion. i am no longer in the academe but i teach english to a medical transcription company and i am also an english coach to an engineering consultancy firm.

tama sabi ng iba, iba ang satisfaction na nakukuha mo from teaching.