Utah Jazz

FF

hmmm...milsap was probably drafted as a backup to boozer. i wouldn't be surprised if one of them gets traded next year. milsap's stock will most likely increase this year.

and did i read louisiana tech? same college as malone's?

hold on fella not yet, this is a 82 game season...Milsap is going to hit the rookie wall, although he has had good games his isnt there just yet...remember Ronald Murray? where is he now??

Booze might get traded if he falls injuried and they would wanna trade him coz of his huge contract thats if he derails...

hold on fella not yet, this is a 82 game season...Milsap is going to hit the rookie wall, although he has had good games his isnt there just yet...remember Ronald Murray? where is he now??

Booze might get traded if he falls injuried and they would wanna trade him coz of his huge contract thats if he derails...

oops, that's right. it's still too early. same with what's happening with brewer who started the season well. he's supposed to start in place of ak47, but he hasn't produced the numbers. instead, it's milsap who's making the most of kirilenko's absence.

hmmm...milsap was probably drafted as a backup to boozer. i wouldn't be surprised if one of them gets traded next year. milsap's stock will most likely increase this year.

and did i read louisiana tech? same college as malone's?

yup same college. la tech ...

agree with you there bro. now that he's gaining a rep and teams are aware of millsap he might find it more difficult to sneak up on people. let's see if he can keep the energy and effort up in the next few games.

ronald murray is now detroit. he's a prime example of a what-could-have-been career. after two mediocre seasons ... he gets inserted into the starting lineup in seattle in place of the injured ray allen and averages 23.2 ppg. over six games . when allen gets back ... he gets sent back to the bench and fades.

he gets traded to cleveland ( where lbj is ) ... back to seattle ( behind allen ..again ) and now resides in detroit ( where he sits behind rip , chauncey and lindsey). murray could have showcased his talents more on an expansion team or rebuilding team.

but sadly that's the way the ball bounces...

re boozer was trade bait until the season opened not only because of his contract but because of the perception that he's injury prone and that he lacks toughness ( remember last season where he got ripped by team owner larry miller ?) and can you imagine a soft player playing on a jerry sloan team ?

but to boozer's credit ... he's playing anything but soft right now. hopefully ... he's gotten over the injury bug and plays a majority of the season...

Jazz ... Unbelievable ! Utah goes 10-1

boozer kept the jazz atop the nba standings with 35 points ( 14-16 FGs , 88 % shooting !) and nine rebounds. okur posts a double double ( 17 pts; 13 rebs) and dwill pitches in 12 pts and eight assist.

paul millsap continued his strong showing off the bench with a career high 20 points and seven rebounds ( five offensive) .

a bit of trivia ... jerry sloan has always been called " the best nba coach never to win a coach of the year award."

that may change this year ... right mazinger ?

i thought sloan would win several years ago, when he narrowly lost to hubie brown. i certainly hope he wins this year.

btw, i read recently that sloan is even tougher than bowen during his playing days. that probably explains why his number was retired by the bulls.

btw, i read recently that sloan is even tougher than bowen during his playing days. that probably explains why his number was retired by the bulls.

I remember a commentator said (during the Utah Jazz championship run vs. the Jordan-led Bulls team) that if PhilJax and Jerry Sloan would fight in a game.. He would be picking Jerry Sloan to win coz Sloan as he said is a hard-nosed defender during his time with the Bulls and can slug it out with the best big men at that time..

Hey, F.F., you may want to visit the NBA Basketball cards thread sa "hobbies" section.. I have posted a collage of my Deron Williams rookie card collection.. :cool: Yknow, with the way the sun is shining in Utah, I really doubt if my Spurs could win against the Jazz this coming week.. :D

I remember a commentator said (during the Utah Jazz championship run vs. the Jordan-led Bulls team) that if PhilJax and Jerry Sloan would fight in a game.. He would be picking Jerry Sloan to win coz Sloan as he said is a hard-nosed defender during his time with the Bulls and can slug it out with the best big men at that time..

Hey, F.F., you may want to visit the NBA Basketball cards thread sa "hobbies" section.. I have posted a collage of my Deron Williams rookie card collection.. :cool: Yknow, with the way the sun is shining in Utah, I really doubt if my Spurs could win against the Jazz this coming week.. :D

gotcha bos revi. will surely sashay to the section pronto. re spurs and jazz ... might be my best chance of getting a free latte in a looooong time. :D

great win for Sloans 900th...i agree if they make the playoffs he should win COY...however he shouldve won it a few seasons ago with a really bad squad, remember Arroyo was leading them!!!

but Hubie also did wonder in Memphis...it was a tough choice...

Totally agree with your observation...

If the Jazz make the playoffs, I think Sloan is a lock even if Atlanta or another surprise team makes the playoffs...

Totally agree with your observation...

If the Jazz make the playoffs, I think Sloan is a lock even if Atlanta or another surprise team makes the playoffs...

you gotta love this guy. in this age of egotistic players and equally egotistic coaches ... here's a quote taken from sloan right after he posted his 900th win as a jazz coach and 994th win as an nba coach ...

"It really doesn't mean anything," he said. "That's the way I've always played this game, and always thought about it. I'm just here as a coach, but it is a players' game. It always has been and always will be."

whatta guy. and this time I mean it. :cool:

i just cannot understand some of the sports "experts." last month they were saying the jazz won't even make the playoffs. now, they're saying they won't get very deep in the postseason.

am particularly pissed at charlie rosen of fox. he describes utah as a severely flawed team. duh.

dude ... there's no better revenge than watching the jazz go deep ( hopefully ) into the playoffs and seeing these guys eat their words. btw ... can you send me a link to charlie rosen's article / interview ? thanks !

dude ... there's no better revenge than watching the jazz go deep ( hopefully ) into the playoffs and seeing these guys eat their words. btw ... can you send me a link to charlie rosen's article / interview ? thanks !

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6158860

it's a little dated (the jazz were 5-1 then), but smacks of how these "experts" think. they refuse to acknowledge that the jazz slipped by their expert eyes. at least steve kerr qualified his statements, that the jazz, barring injuries would make noise.

Jazz Amazing !

Despite shooting terribly from the outside ( 1-10 on threes ) and giving up a ton of turnovers ... the jazz rallied from 21 points down to beat Sac-town 110-101.

the jazz never gave up and wore down the determined kings late in the 4th quarter . Down by two at 98-99 with 1:45 to go in the game... memo swishes his only three pointer (shot 1-6 !) to put the jazz up by two. then a three point play on a dunk by boozer and another dunk by memo get the jazz up by seven to finally break the backs of the kings.

the jazz now stretch their win streak to seven and remain on top of the league at 11-1. ( TAKE THAT ... CHARLIE ROSEN !) :evil:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6158860

it's a little dated (the jazz were 5-1 then), but smacks of how these "experts" think. they refuse to acknowledge that the jazz slipped by their expert eyes. at least steve kerr qualified his statements, that the jazz, barring injuries would make noise.

and make that a lot of noise indeed. :D .

yo dude ... something i picked up that would surely be of interest to the nba fans and jazz fanatics here at mtc ...

jazz gm kevin o'connor on dwill and coach sloan :

On second-year point guard Deron Williams:

"Sometimes Deron is going 100 mph when he shouldn't be and he makes mistakes, but if you look at his track record he's gotten it done every year. One of the things we try to look at is both ends of the floor. For example, John Stockton is the all-time leader in steals: He wasn't the quickest guy in the world or the biggest, but he had long arms and he played defense. If you look at the guys who have played against Deron: Steve Nash (17 points, 10 assists) had a good game but not a great game. Baron Davis was 1 for 9. Jason Kidd's numbers (15 points, 2 assists) weren't that great, and Chauncey (Billups) was 3 for 10.

"That's one of the things that people don't take notice of, but he's done a great job defensively.''

On Jerry Sloan's longevity:

"He's intense when he goes walking in the morning. The thing that's unbelievable about him is that he still really understands players. He may get on their ass, but he really can walk by you the next morning and that game's gone, and now it's all about how are we going to get better tomorrow? That's a unique ability, that he can let it go and play forward.''

while on a seven game winning streak and leading the league at 11-1 ... the jazz CAN be beat.

while yours truly and the rest of the mtc jazz fanatics ( ilan be kami .. tatlo ? :P ) hope for an 81-1 season and the league championship ... we're wizened enough to know that opposing nba teams will eventually prepare and execute a game plan that will knock my beloved jazz back to reality.

so for the la fans , the spurs fans and the rest of those rooting against the jazz ... here's my skinny on how to beat utah ( all figures based on the latest nba stats on espn ) :

1) sink your freethrows .

because of the physical play of utah ... the jazz give up more free throws per game ( 35.5 FTAs) than any team in the nba. currently ... opponents are knocking in 73% of their fta's against the jazz ...racking up 26 ppg from the stripe ( again the most allowed by any team ).

how significant is this ? the jazz average 107.8 ppg while opponents average 100.3 ppg. do the math and factor in those nine free throws jazz opponents usually miss per game and you'll see how critical these can be. while it's admittedly impossible to shoot 100% from the stripe ... every made freebie brings precious points that can be critical in close games.

2) bomb away.

opposing teams have a field day against the poor perimeter defense of the jazz ... shooting almost 38 % from international waters and sinking almost seven triples a game. only two other teams allow a higher precentage from three point country.

3) drive the lane ...

with ak47 in the sideline ... there's no shotblocker for the jazz. okur plays decent position defense and millsap ( when he gets in the game ) has his moments but there's no real shot altering monster in the middle for the jazz.

4) box out

the jazz lead the league (45.8) in average rpg and also rank no. 1 in least number of rebounds allowed ( 34.1). deny the jazz the glass and you deny them additional fga's and fgm's .

5) sag ... pack the lane ... and dare the jazz to shot the three

the jerry sloan led jazz prefer to score their points inside the paint or close to it . out of the 30 nba teams , the jazz rank near dead last; averaging only four made triples a game at a .327 shooting percentage.

there you have it ... the key elements guaranteed to derail the jazz. good luck !