The Best Chocolate Cake You've Tried

di ako sure actually kung tama 'tong forum na pinaglalagyan ko ng post na 'to... alam nyo ba ung "better-than-sex" daw na cake? sa'n sya nabibili and is it really that delicious?

better than sex is a kind of choco cake (at least as far as i recall, it was served in one of our meetings way too long ago). unfortunately, i cant seem to remember which cake shop it came from. will ask my friend who bought it. its actually very good! :D

the chocolate dome cake in that place next to coffee bean in greenbelt (eerrrmmm... i know its owned by the owners of figaro too)...

becky's kitchen choco walnut

red ribbons chocolate cake with the caramel in the middle

aristocrat chocolate cake

the dome cake is at global cafe. i finally remembered.

wyld... is that global cafe in greenbelt 3?

thanks for the tip.

hope im not being rude for answering that question in her absence. yes, it is in greenbelt 3. global cafe by super store boasts of a solid chocolate cake. it was intended to be a place for global cuisine with a very diverse theme of dishes from different countries, but due to unseen circumstances became overwhelmingly popular for its chocolate lava cake. it is a flouless choco cake turned upside down to resemble a dome with what seems to me tastes like belgian chocolate. i regularly have nosebleeds with too much chocolate but this dessert was too much a temptation to resist.

if memory serves me right... this costs under 200 apiece.

the filipino-chinese bakery association will hold 2 batches of confectionery workshop on european style chocolates by william angliss on feb 15-17, 2005 and feb 18-20, 2005. topics are on belgian, swiss and german chocolates such as truffles, ganache, gianduja, fondant creams and nut brittles. its a full hands ion workshop on how to temper chocolate using white, dark and milk choco. included are hollow and solid moulded figures, filled, enrobed and cut choco with fillings of creams, nuts and fruits.

fee is 15k. enroll before 12/30/04 and its 13.5k

day 1

introduction: choco origin and manufacture

european choco products

tempering

slab tempering

items: solid choco, easter eggs, guylian seashells, truffles

day 2

inoculation tempering

filled and enrobed choco pralines

preparation of choco shells

items: fondant, ganache(short/long life), dipping and enrobing of truffles

day 3

cut choco praline

items: gianduja slabs

enrobes choco praline

items: walnut fudge, peanut brittle

pm me if interested.

there is also a choco cake baking contest open to all pastry chefs, culinary professionals, bakers and choco enthusiasts with PROFESSIONAL experience from various hotels restos and baking sectors nationwide. screening committee will select 5 finalist to compete in the final round on feb 18, 2005.

main ingredient is callebaut gourmet choco which requires tempering. the cake must have 2 varieties of the main ingredients. original recipes are required. product dimesions are 8 inch diameter and 3 inches high. should be presented on cakeboard.

criteria:

25% appearance- internal and external, shape and size, uniformity and consistency

25% texture - propern baking process

50% flavor

1st prize - P25k/ trophy

2nd prize - P15k/trophy

3rd prize- P10k/trophy

jan 15 -deadline for submission of registration forms

jan 19 - formal announcement of qualified entries

jan 26 - briefing

feb 18 - competition proper/ submission presentation and judging

feb 19- awarding

Guest temperamental

gayuma's better than sex chocolate cake is to die for! pero ewan ko kung meron pang gayuma (sa may katipunan area ito) kasi new age ang concept ng place eh nasunog dati (puro kasi kandila hehehe) ;) pero grabe heavenly sy! it is really better than sex! ;)

the theobroma belgian chocolate cake is the absolute best chocolate cake i've ever tried. i know i've raved about a few on this thread a few posts back.. but i'm serious. this particular cake is absolutely orgasmic.

thing is, theobroma doesn't have outlets anymore. they do the rounds of bazaars. best to catch them before it's too late, i say. highly, extremely, absobloominutely recommended!!!

:flowers: