Do You Wear Gloves When You Work Out?

when i started out, i used to wear gloves. but since it kinda gets sweaty, stinky & all o' that s@%t plus mainit cya sa kamay. so its been a year na since i dont wear gloves anymore. how bout you?!

i do all the time since i prefer to use free weights mostly than machines. hirap ng madaganan ng dumbbells at weights. what i use are open at backhand with only the base of my fingers covered. the thumb is completely exposed. so i can still feel the grip.

Edited by topsykretts
di pa rin ako mkakita ng lifting straps!

Tell you what, go to any sport shops that sell karate belts. Cut it to your desired length. Then have someone saw a "loop" at one end making sure that a thick thread being used. Presto, you have your home made lifting straps. Been doing this for 5 years already.

• 2 weeks later...
Tell you what, go to any sport shops that sell karate belts. Cut it to your desired length. Then have someone saw a "loop" at one end making sure that a thick thread being used. Presto, you have your home made lifting straps. Been doing this for 5 years already.

thanks!

when i started out, i used to wear gloves. but since it kinda gets sweaty, stinky & all o' that s@%t plus mainit cya sa kamay. so its been a year na since i dont wear gloves anymore. how bout you?!

More of the hygiene reason, its prudent for safety.

Im injured and want to make sure that i wont add to it while working out, so gloves are of most importance..

Pag nadulas delikado, and most of my training includes weights so i advice all to do the same.

Ingat mga bro!

before i used to use gloves. i think i have used more than a dozen of 'em. till i felt being far off with the iron whenever i lift the bar. so decided the hell with callus in the palm let's get down and dirty do away witth he gloves.

now i only use wrist support whenever i do dumbbell press or lateral raises. straps if i'm doing my ultimate lifts for deadlift and hacksquats or chins hanging leg raises.

• 2 weeks later...