Practical Shooting

pareng pare

1 hour ago, Landanlex23 said:

Not sure if you can get a full auto FA with a type 2 LTOPF.

Well I can always upgrade to Type 3, I already have the required gun safe for the inspection report and a friend in FEO.

The problem is finding these classic FAs. The PCC market right now is basically the Kriss, AK, Stribog, Evo, and a bunch of AR derivatives. I can no longer find the Norinco MP5, and Espineli stopped selling even the semi Uzi Pro.

That's why I'm hoping to find owners looking to offload theirs lol

23 hours ago, atenean16 said:

Well I can always upgrade to Type 3, I already have the required gun safe for the inspection report and a friend in FEO.

The problem is finding these classic FAs. The PCC market right now is basically the Kriss, AK, Stribog, Evo, and a bunch of AR derivatives. I can no longer find the Norinco MP5, and Espineli stopped selling even the semi Uzi Pro.

That's why I'm hoping to find owners looking to offload theirs lol

I did a little more reading on RA10591

SEC. 10. Firearms That May Be Registered. – Only small arms may be registered by licensed citizens or licensed juridical entities for ownership, possession and concealed carry. A light weapon shall be lawfully acquired or possessed exclusively by the AFP, the PNP and other law enforcement agencies authorized by the President in the performance of their duties: Provided, That private individuals who already have licenses to possess Class-A light weapons upon the effectivity of this Act shall not be deprived of the privilege to continue possessing the same and renewing the licenses therefor, for the sole reason that these firearms are Class “A” light weapons, and shall be required to comply with other applicable provisions of this Act.

Definition of Light Weapon in the same RA

SEC. 3. Definition of Terms. – As used in this Act:

(t) Light weapons are: Class-A Light weapons which refer to self-loading pistols, rifles and carbines, submachine guns, assault rifles and light machine guns not exceeding caliber 7.62MM which have fully automatic mode; and Class-B Light weapons which refer to weapons designed for use by two (2) or more persons serving as a crew, or rifles and machine guns exceeding caliber 7.62MM such as heavy machine guns, handheld underbarrel and mounted grenade launchers, portable anti-aircraft guns, portable anti-tank guns, recoilless rifles, portable launchers of anti-tank missile and rocket systems, portable launchers of anti-aircraft missile systems, and mortars of a caliber of less than 100MM.

So it looks like you won't be able to purchase a fully automatic FA unless you already had it prior to passing of RA10591. Unless your friend in the FEO can do something about it... did not find anything in the RA about existing owners selling their "light weapons" to other licensed private citizens

The type of LTOPF will only increase the maximum number of FA that you can own

SEC. 9. Licenses Issued to Individuals. – Subject to the requirements set forth in this Act and payment of required fees to be determined by the Chief of the PNP, a qualified individual may be issued the appropriate license under the following categories;

Type 1 license – allows a citizen to own and possess a maximum of two (2) registered firearms;

Type 2 license – allows a citizen to own and possess a maximum of five (5) registered firearms;

Type 3 license – allows a citizen to own and possess a maximum of ten (10) registered firearms;

Type 4 license – allows a citizen to own and possess a maximum of fifteen (15) registered firearms; and

Type 5 license – allows a citizen, who is a certified gun collector, to own and possess more than fifteen (15) registered firearms.

20 hours ago, Landanlex23 said:

I did a little more reading on RA10591

Definition of Light Weapon in the same RA

So it looks like you won't be able to purchase a fully automatic FA unless you already had it prior to passing of RA10591. Unless your friend in the FEO can do something about it... did not find anything in the RA about existing owners selling their "light weapons" to other licensed private citizens

The type of LTOPF will only increase the maximum number of FA that you can own

Hi Landalex23, thanks for the reply.

Yes I've read extensively about the fully automatic provisions in RA10591. Supposedly, only those who had such firearms prior to the implementation of the law can continue to possess them. But as with everything in PH, ₱ talks. You can get Glock selector switches on several FB groups, and one of the sellers is a police officer. The Scorpion and Stribog can be converted to full for 30k. My own Ingram-copy MP from a reputable local manufacturer came full-auto from the factory in 2017, after sitting in FEO's bodega for years. When I asked about semi-auto conversion to comply with the law, I was told "Sir ibabalik pa yan sa planta sa Cebu. It will take 1 month and you will have to pay for the shipping, PTT and conversion. Are you sure you want to do that?"

There are owners looking to dispose of their full auto FAs to other Class A holders, but since the passage of the law (and because we lack a forum for buy/sell/trade like the old Pinoyguns), its difficult to do so. All the offers I've had are the popular AR-type, which is even more difficult to dispose of because of the EO on 5.56 and up calibers.

As for the LTOPF type, you need a Type 3 to buy HPRs. I also thought the LTOPF type only indicated the number of guns you can own, but in practice many gunstores require type 3 licenses for long arms. I asked FEO and they said its because higher types mean you have a gun safe and weapons storage inspection report, which are necessary for Type 3-5.

spacer.png

Even the Uzi Pro, which was a glorified 9mm pistol and semi-auto, needed a type 3 for some sellers. I have the vault and signed PNP inspection, but I have not upgraded my type until I find what I'm looking for.

Anyway, I don't wish to get sidetracked and debate the points of the law. Yes, my contact can arrange the transfer. My purpose here is to find my sought-for Uzi, or hopefully connect with Class A light weapon holders.

Edited by atenean16

@Landanlex23no problem! I used to do my own LTOPF, FA reg, PTC, etc. But ever since I met other FA owners and FEO people, naisip ko if its worth the hassle of going all the way to Crame, finding a parking space, etc. when I can have it done from home and get the cards within a few days.

Worth magpalakad for LTOPF upgrades and FA transfers, pero yung PTC di makatarungan. 2x the price for pistols, more than 3x for HPRs and long arms. So every other year ko lang i-renew pag auto 😂

May mga naka-avail na ng 5-10 years LTOPF and 2 years PTC, and same pa din yung cost! Kaso baka magtaas na daw by July 4 when PNP gets its act together and draws up the new fees. Napilitan sila i-implement yung extended validity kahit di pa nila naaayos kung magkano yung bagong singil.

spacer.png

Malas lang di ka inabot, kakakuha ko lang ng PTC 2 weeks ago with Trusttrade 🥲

GOOD NEWS: If you have an LTOPF, I was told by FEO na pwede na magrenew kahit wala pa sa 6 months before expiration, so you can avail of the 5 or 10 year validity.

Kakarenew ko lang ng LTOPF ko last May. Nagtry ako nung "Renewal" kanina sa FEO website, gumana siya (dati kasi hindi).

spacer.png

The best part is SAME pa din yung fee, kasi wala pa silang guidelines sa bagong fee structure.

Ang advise ng FEO, mag renew na ako ngayon bago daw pumasok yung new fees. Renew na din kayo 😄

On 6/26/2022 at 12:30 AM, atenean16 said:

Hi guys! As someone who grew up in the 90's, I'm looking for classic firearms like the Uzi, MP5, and Ingram

I'm a type 2 LTOPF holder with sports shooter qualification. 1 slot nalang natitira sa alloted guns ko, and I'm hoping to fill it with one of these iconic SMGs.

Di ko gusto yung polymer PCCs ngayon like the CZ Evo, Uzi Pro or the Stribog, overpriced na tapos semi lang. Iba pa din yung oldschool steel with iconic look!

Please pm me if you have any or know any leads, thanks :) 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edit:

I cant believe it, this is my 1st post! I joined this site in 2003 when i was in HS, tapos ngayon lang ako nagpost in 2022 😂

The only reason I did is because lumabas yung Manilatonight while searching google for "uzis in philippines." Hirap talaga pag wala na gun forums like before 🥲

Naku sir mhirap ng nghnap ng gnitong units ngyn. Mron man pro hirap bitawan ng owner.. 

Edited by csb_miley
17 hours ago, csb_miley said:

Naku sir mhirap ng nghnap ng gnitong units ngyn. Mron man pro hirap bitawan ng owner.. 

Onga eh, usually mejo senior na din yung mga owner kaya di active online or on social media. Kelangan old-school connections para makausap.

May nagrecommend sakin ng lead sa Davao, kaso negative 😂

spacer.png

May FB friend din ako, si Celine the MMDA Asec. I tried buying her Mini Uzi din 🥲

spacer.png

spacer.png

Anyway may nakuha akong 2 offers finally, 1 in Batangas and 1 in Zambales. Both full-size, mas matanda pa sakin yung FA 😂 Sana maging ok yung deal para maging content nako, fingers crossed!

Edited by atenean16

Good news for PTC applicants: may online na din fot PTCFOR application!

spacer.png

The bad news is magtataas daw ng fees soon since 2 years validity na. Kung palakad, 2x na yung singil ngayon pa lang.

Sariling sikap: 6.2k (for now)

Palakad

Before: 12k

Now: 20-24k

HPRs or full-auto 

Before: 25k

Now: 48-50k

Mukhang masstuck muna sa vault yung Class As ko 🥲

On 7/4/2022 at 9:18 AM, atenean16 said:

Onga eh, usually mejo senior na din yung mga owner kaya di active online or on social media. Kelangan old-school connections para makausap.

May nagrecommend sakin ng lead sa Davao, kaso negative 😂

spacer.png

May FB friend din ako, si Celine the MMDA Asec. I tried buying her Mini Uzi din 🥲

spacer.png

spacer.png

Anyway may nakuha akong 2 offers finally, 1 in Batangas and 1 in Zambales. Both full-size, mas matanda pa sakin yung FA 😂 Sana maging ok yung deal para maging content nako, fingers crossed!

Wow! Ms. Celine, parang kelan lang ngka 1st ltopf c maam sa 1st gun nya. Actually fren cya ng mga mentors ko. Wss suopose to train also sa airforce aftr her, arci munoz n ej graduated for rservist. 

And yeah mhirap na pong mkakita ng mag old skul guns unless the owner is willing to giv up the unit at hndi sentimental ahhaa. Ako dn kc mron attorney na may gstong bilhin ang gun ko. Mine is Cz75 SP01 shadow competition gun. Gsto at ayw ko hehe.. Gsto kc nka stock lng nmn s haus dhil into long firearms ako spcly shotgun and rifles and pcc. Pro ayw dn kc may sentimental value dn skin.   Pro sayang cya like ds month we hv session s firing pro still shotgun pa dn hehe. 

34 minutes ago, csb_miley said:

Wow! Ms. Celine, parang kelan lang ngka 1st ltopf c maam sa 1st gun nya. Actually fren cya ng mga mentors ko. Wss suopose to train also sa airforce aftr her, arci munoz n ej graduated for rservist. 

And yeah mhirap na pong mkakita ng mag old skul guns unless the owner is willing to giv up the unit at hndi sentimental ahhaa. Ako dn kc mron attorney na may gstong bilhin ang gun ko. Mine is Cz75 SP01 shadow competition gun. Gsto at ayw ko hehe.. Gsto kc nka stock lng nmn s haus dhil into long firearms ako spcly shotgun and rifles and pcc. Pro ayw dn kc may sentimental value dn skin.   Pro sayang cya like ds month we hv session s firing pro still shotgun pa dn hehe. 

wowza pistolera interested k dn ba sa vintage? 

2 hours ago, csb_miley said:

I see. Inisip ko din mag PAF reservist so I can avail of cheaper PTC (₱200 instead of 12k), and maka-avail ng Taurus T4 (Brazilian copy of the M4, limited to LEA kasi). Kami yung last batch na required mag ROTC kaya pasok ako sa Reserve Officer instead of being an enlisted airman. So tumawag ako sa PAFResCom last year, kaso di nila ako binalikan. Busy ata sa Xmas party nila 😂

What PCCs do you have? Baka may kilala ka na may Uzi or MP5, pls inform me :)

8 hours ago, Landanlex23 said:

Dapat din kasi padaliin nila yung Permit to Transport para makapag range time. Kung marami ka talaga FA di naman lahat gagawin mo na EDC.

Pero dahil masmataas singil ng PTCFOR, dun sila focus. Di ko kaya mag sariling sikap ng PTCFOR kasi di ako papasa sa Threat Assessment

I agree. Dati may PTT pa na up to 3 months, then may naging PNP chief na anti-gun so now 1 day PTT nalang, pero yung processing time 1-2 weeks lol. 

Also may bago silang ginawa sa PTC just now. Since wala pa yung new fees, applicants have to sign an Affidavit of Undertaking na babayaran nila yung price difference pag lumabas na yung new fees 😂 Swerte nung mga nakakuha ng 2 years without the affidavit, sana pala nagpakuha din ako.

For the Threat Assessment, I feel you. Dati I went through all that trouble kaso antagal, 1 week for the Request Letter, 2-3 weeks for the actual TA, then saka palang pwede pumunta sa Crame. For my subsequent PTCs, dinaan ko sa gunstore then sa "assistance" services. 1-2 days lang. Ginawa talaga nilang business.