Build A Model Body!

Yup FF, slimmers and golds have m,ore machines than freeweights...

I'd suggest these websites: www.crossfit.com, www.t-nation.com, www.ruggedmag.com, danjohn.org for training info. menshealth has a lot of contradicting info and bodybuilding.com has a plethora of contradictions, its only useful if you know what to search for

i did just that a few months back.. hehehe machines are sissies! joke!  :D i prefer to lift the powerlifter's way! btw, have you noticed fitness first (libis)? masmadami silang machines, kaya di ko rin nagustuhan..

anyway, for fitness tips, try nyo rin read articles from www.askmen.com, www.menshealth.com, www.bodybuilding.com

pansin nyo, yung mga fitness routine na feature sa mens health magazine... kadalasan composed of free weights din. :)  :thumbsupsmiley:

machines have their own thing too. they're good for those days when you just want to get yer work out over and done with... they are no brainers that you can do with little cerebral activity.. di naman tayo araw araw ganado mag work out diba... plus it gives older people and beginners a better chance to start work out without hurting themselves without hiring trainers. FF has a good ratio i think. It gives importance to overall health and not to hardcore gymming. Ive worked out in kalawang gyms, weighted cemento for plates gyms, normal village gyms, etc... lets try not to be judgemental kasi different things nga work for diffrent people... if the machines thing works for them, who are we to say that they are wrong diba? :D

Again, not all of us have the mental and physical aptitude to do hardcore training. Im sure i can put any hardcore worker outer person on a machine and make his body ache like a bitch more than if he does his routine in free weights... and vise versa.. but at the end of the day, its only experience, commitment and dedication to what you do and your capacity to learn and listen to your body for you to be able to make siginificant gains and progress in terms of you gymming life...

how to get a 6-pack abs

sure ito pare, im not there yet pero meron n ako konti results.

the key is intensify your training. siglahan mo ng konti. explode on your exercises. always feel the muscle you are working.

example:

2 body parts a day plus abs

each body part (eg. chest) mga 4-5 exercises and 4 sets each exercise.

kahit light to moderate weights lang pero dapat tama ang form.

wag madaliin yung exercise, dapat PROPER FORM.

you can ask the gym instructor for this, or better yet buy muscle mags.

muscle mags really helps a lot, basta basahin mo maige ang explanation on how to do the exercise.

TIP: dapat palagi mo FLEX (squeeze) the muscle your are exercising every peak contraction niya.

always do your abs. dont skip it

train only 4 times a week. pag more than that over train n yun. hirap n body mo mag recover.

and do cardio, kahit 5mins muna sa una. then increase it ng 5mins more each week. hanggang kaya mo na 30-45min.

TIP: when doing cardio, bagalan mo lang muna n umpisa, para di kaagad ma-burn out and hindi masakit sa joints.

Recovery. always try to have a 7-8 hour sleep. iwas mo muna gimik and inom, dadating tayo dyan.

mga 4 months lang ng intensity. you will see noticable results n.

WHAT ARE YOU REWARDS ON ALL OF THESE HARD WORK. CHICKS PARE, NOT JUST CHICKS BUT PLENTY OF CHICK. ikaw n ang mamimili.

working out is not just for your health, but it is also good on your social life. tama ba?

pero always remember not abuse people, because they are persons to with feelings.

sana nakatulong ako.

thanks

GOD bless. Peace :cool:

I used to lift weights, body build and I didn't like the results...

I looked like a bouncer for a night club

Hmm.. I'm also into lifting weights but my muscles firmed up lang. Maybe your body is really big to start with? That's a question ha. I mean.. girls kse di naman talaga magbabato-bato ang itsura not unless you drink something para maging ganun (just like yun mga girls na sumasali na sa mga contest).

Anyway, to answer the thread's question.. you have to lose weight muna then tone your body by lifting weights. Pag may fats ka pa sa katawan, mahihirapan ka ma-achieve ang model-like figure. Read also the gym buffs thread.. there are so many helpful tips there.

Goodluck! ;)

Edited by black cat

You're joking right? Muscle mags are the worst sources of information out there. They contain routines designed for the roid community and any natural guy would soon burn out on those routines..

Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. You can do all the exercises you want but if your diet is trash, you'll never achieve the six pack

how to get a 6-pack abs

sure ito pare, im not there yet pero meron n ako konti results.

the key is intensify your training. siglahan mo ng konti. explode on your exercises. always feel the muscle you are working.

example:

2 body parts a day plus abs

each body part (eg. chest) mga 4-5 exercises and 4 sets each exercise.

kahit light to moderate weights lang pero dapat tama ang form.

wag madaliin yung exercise, dapat PROPER FORM.

you can ask the gym instructor for this, or better yet buy muscle mags.

muscle mags really helps a lot, basta basahin mo maige ang explanation on how to do the exercise.

TIP: dapat palagi mo FLEX (squeeze) the muscle your are exercising every peak contraction niya.

always do your abs. dont skip it

train only 4 times a week.  pag more than that over train n yun. hirap n body mo mag recover.

and do cardio, kahit 5mins muna sa una. then increase it ng 5mins more each week. hanggang kaya mo na 30-45min.

TIP: when doing cardio, bagalan mo lang muna n umpisa, para di kaagad ma-burn out and hindi masakit sa joints.

Recovery. always try to have a 7-8 hour sleep. iwas mo muna gimik and inom, dadating tayo dyan.

mga 4 months lang ng intensity. you will see noticable results n.

WHAT ARE YOU REWARDS ON ALL OF THESE HARD WORK.  CHICKS PARE, NOT JUST CHICKS BUT PLENTY OF CHICK. ikaw n ang mamimili.

working out is not just for your health, but it is also good on your social life. tama ba?

pero always remember not abuse people, because they are persons to with feelings.

sana nakatulong ako.

thanks

GOD bless. Peace :cool:

idea here is NOT to look at the mirror at how you scuplt your body but rather monitor your weight!

you should focus on reaching your IDEAL weight, with everyday of cardio and and 2x a week of weights.

With weight training focus on low-weight, high repetitions, around 20 to 25 reps, and no rest!

I hate exercising...in any shape or form

but I started doing pilates and wow kahit ang sakit

nang katawan ko ang sarap pa din...and it really makes you

sweat...and I try to fit in some cardio into my workout

like kick boxing and dance aerobics...

and some light weights but more reps with no rest period

between sets so I can burn some calories...

I used to lift weights, body build and I didn't like the results...

I looked like a bouncer for a night club so now I'm trying

light weights with more reps na.

but i don't have a model's body (yet) and I don't think i would ever

hotlipps you need to avoid lifting weights muna, or lift weight lang to suport your cardio, like to strengthen your knees on your running. You focus muna on stationary bike (if you have weak knees), then after a week proceed to stationary bike.

Just focus on the time, walk run muna..until after a month when you can run continuously na..

you need Cardio (running, bike) and clean diet.. you should feel weak and hungry on your diet.. and that is part of getting a toner body..

somehow when i watch some ladies do group sessions like aerobics, taebo, it seems only the instructor is working hard.. if you don't do it right and with intensity its useless, if you only do it every weekend, its useless, you should do it almost everyday with increasing intensity to achieve results.

Why would anyone consider the scale a better judge than the mirror?

High rep training DOES NOT burn fat. This is one of the fallacies exposied in Dr. Mel Siff's book "facts and fallacies about fitness"

idea here is NOT to look at the mirror at how you scuplt your body but rather monitor your weight!

you should focus on reaching your IDEAL weight, with everyday of cardio and and 2x a week of weights.

With weight training focus on low-weight, high repetitions, around 20 to 25 reps, and no rest!

When on a fatloss program, lifting weights is mandatory as you want to build muscle to make your body more effecient in fat burning. As you pointed out it also helps strengthen support on tendons and ligaments.

For women, they need not worry as they don't have enough testosterone to build muscle for them to look very muscular.

hotlipps you need to avoid lifting weights muna, or lift weight lang to suport your cardio, like to strengthen your knees on your running. You focus muna on stationary bike (if you have weak knees), then after a week proceed to stationary bike.

Just focus on the time, walk run muna..until after a month when you can run continuously na..

you need Cardio (running, bike) and clean diet.. you should feel weak and hungry on your diet.. and that is part of getting a toner body..

somehow when i watch some ladies do group sessions like aerobics, taebo, it seems only the instructor is working hard.. if you don't do it right and with intensity its useless, if you only do it every weekend, its useless, you should do it almost everyday with increasing intensity to achieve results.

Why would anyone consider the scale a better judge than the mirror?

High rep training DOES NOT burn fat. This is one of the fallacies exposied in Dr. Mel Siff's book "facts and fallacies about fitness"

the idea with high rep training is not to burn fat, but to prepare your body for the rigors of cardio training.. and essentially lifting low rep with high weights just increases your chances of injury, and also makes you build larger muscles which is not ideal..

its the cardio training that makes a model sexy body, not the weights.. the weights is just for injury prevention and for gaining strength..

you cannot get an accurate feedback of your progress on looking at the mirror, the scale gives you an accurate feedback of your progress..

this is why most bodybuilders develop a sense of lack of confidence on continue pounding on weights, they look at other bodybuilders then look at themselves on the mirror and feel inferior..

also for people trying to trim down, they look at the mirror and they see the same them.. and feel like nothing is happening.. then they get frustrated and stop.. that is why look at the SCALES not the mirror.. monitor your progress on the scales not the mirror..

Edited by THUG
When on a fatloss program, lifting weights is mandatory as you want to build muscle to make your body more effecient in fat burning. As you pointed out it also helps strengthen support on tendons and ligaments.

For women, they need not worry as they don't have enough testosterone to build muscle for them to look very muscular.

oh no.. that is a misconception, having large muscles does not necessarily mean a trimmer lower fat person.. have you seen WWE wrestlers or even niteclub bouncers? these people have muscles but they also have lots of FAT.. :lol:

i mostly see guys on the gym lifting heavy barbells and sweating it up, they can surely lift 2x than i do, and looks very impressive, but if you look at their tummy..wow tons of fat..

you should support it with lots of cardio.. more cardio, low weight/high reps.. clean diet, otherwise you will have a body like that of a powerlifter or an olympic wrestler.. not a body of a model..

Aerobic and anaerobic training are two different anspects of training.

Cardio, is not the only factor that gives a model the physique they need and desire..

Can you honestly tell me that marathon runners would make good models?

Low rep training increaes your chance of injury? really? how? Most injuries occur not by lifting excessive weight but by poor stabilization. Many times most injuries in the gym occur when guys cheat on their reps with atrocious form. When you lift heavy, your form has to be precise and correct, doing low reps also assures less chances of form breakdown.

I firmly believe that the tape measure and the scale are mirror are superior judges over the mirror... why?

let's use this analogy.. Who would look better... a 130Lb guy with a bodyfat percentage of 14-15% or a 140 lb guy with a bodyfat percentage of 12%

the idea with high rep training is not to burn fat, but to prepare your body for the rigors of cardio training..  and essentially lifting low rep with high weights just increases your chances of injury, and also makes you build larger muscles which is not ideal..

its the cardio training that makes a model sexy body, not the weights..  the weights is just for injury prevention and for gaining strength..

you cannot get an accurate feedback of your progress on looking at the mirror, the scale gives you an accurate feedback of your progress..

this is why most bodybuilders develop a sense of lack of confidence on continue pounding on weights, they look at other bodybuilders then look at themselves on the mirror and feel inferior.. 

also for people trying to trim down, they look at the mirror and they see the same them.. and feel like nothing is happening.. then they get frustrated and stop.. that is why look at the SCALES not the mirror.. monitor your progress on the scales not the mirror..

Apparently, you haven't seen the lighter weightlifters or powerlifters who have to maintain a weight for them to compete in a certain class...

Also, have you ever cnsidered that ardio is not relevant for a power lifter? fat WWE wrestlers? Sure big show is definitely fat.. I doubt if you canj say that about Randy Orton, Chris Masters, Batista or even Rob Conway.

When going on a fatloss plan, the key in resistance training is you have to do the same thing you did when building muscle. You want to maximize fat loss and minimize muscle loss. So the only difference between a fatloss program and a muscle building program is that the fatloss program has more energy system work and you have a stricter diet...

Please get your facts straight before distorting them

oh no.. that is a misconception, having large muscles does not necessarily mean a trimmer lower fat person.. have you seen WWE wrestlers or even niteclub bouncers?  these people have muscles but they also have lots of FAT..  :lol:

i mostly see guys on the gym lifting heavy barbells and sweating it up, they can surely lift 2x than i do, and looks very impressive,  but if you look at their tummy..wow tons of fat..

you should support it with lots of cardio.. more cardio, low weight/high reps.. clean diet, otherwise you will have a body like that of a powerlifter or an olympic wrestler..  not a body of a model..

Apparently, you haven't seen the lighter weightlifters or powerlifters who have to maintain a weight for them to compete in a certain class...

Also, have you ever cnsidered that ardio is not relevant for a power lifter? fat WWE wrestlers? Sure big show is definitely fat.. I doubt if you canj say that about Randy Orton, Chris Masters, Batista or even Rob Conway.

When going on a fatloss plan, the key in resistance training is you have to do the same thing you did when building muscle. You want to maximize fat loss and minimize muscle loss. So the only difference between a fatloss program and a muscle building program is that the fatloss program has more energy system work and you have a stricter diet...

makikidaaan lang mga sir...

very interesting ang batuhan ng idea dito and im learning a lot here.

medyo lumalaki tyan ko so im looking for ways to trim down.

this looks like a good place to start.

but lets keep it peaceful sana...

peace

I agree with olympus in terms of the powerlifers. It is integral for them to have a maximum Muscle output in the shortest amount of time. This type of muscle work dictates the final form that they have during their competition weight.

I guess another anology would be to look at the best athletes at the top of their game. I can easily say that the ones who do the most cardio ie. marathon runners, cyclists, long distance runners, iron man etc suffer from excessive muscle catabolism.. The best physique are the ones who do 50 meter sprints, gymnastics, divers, swimmers, etc. These are the people who can harness a maximum muscle ouput and maintain it for a span of not more than 10 minutes... and are able to keep on doing that... If you parallelize it to working out, does this mean that shorter sets with intense but low reps is the way to go?

These big fat powerlifters need to be such because of the natural tendency of a to be able to displace more mass if you have more mass as well.. For example, its easier for a big 200 pound guy to be able to bench 200 pounds than for a 140 pound guy of the same height to bench 200 pounds... ganun lang yun

also i completely disagree in terms of using the weighing scale as a means of measuring progress. It depends kasi on how u gauge yer progess... for example me... I am at 205 pounds but it doesn't seem like it when i do my 12 rep full pull up and when i bench my weight... In fact i am losing inches in my waist but my weight stays the same... it does go down a bit but only if i switch over my training to weight loss. This is when i start to factor in diet and a certain amount of muscle catabolism.. If only mayaman tayo, the best way to really measure progress is Fat loss percentage and strength to mass ratio...

I agree with olympus in terms of the powerlifers.  It is integral for them to have a maximum Muscle output in the shortest amount of time.  This type of muscle work dictates the final form that they have during their competition weight. 

I guess another anology would be to look at the best athletes at the top of their game.  I can easily say that the ones who do the most cardio ie. marathon runners, cyclists, long distance runners, iron man etc suffer from excessive muscle catabolism..  The best physique are the ones who do 50 meter sprints, gymnastics, divers, swimmers, etc.  These are the people who can harness a maximum muscle ouput and maintain it for a span of not more than 10 minutes... and are able to keep on doing that... If you parallelize it to working out, does this mean that shorter sets with intense but low reps is the way to go? 

These big fat powerlifters need to be such because of the natural tendency of a to be able to displace more mass if you have more mass as well..  For example, its easier for a big 200 pound guy to be able to bench 200 pounds than for a 140 pound guy of the same height to bench 200 pounds... ganun lang yun

also i completely disagree in terms of using the weighing scale as a means of measuring progress.  It depends kasi on how u gauge yer progess... for example me... I am at 205 pounds but it doesn't seem like it when i do my 12 rep full pull up and when i bench my weight... In fact i am losing inches in my waist but my weight stays the same... it does go down a bit but only if i switch over my training to weight loss.  This is when i start to factor in diet and a certain amount of muscle catabolism.. If only mayaman tayo, the best way to really measure progress is Fat loss percentage and strength to mass ratio...

you people are comparing ELITE athletes with people who just wanna get fit.. :lol: hahaha.. definitely those are very different.. elite endurance athletes are very skinny.. that is why they are ELITE in the first place.. they have to be skinny.. the lighter you are the faster you run, the faster you cycle, and so on..

are people who post here wanna become an elite endurance athlete or wanna get fit and build a MODEL body? lets be precise and up to the topic.. you cannot get too skinny like a olympic marathon runner if your body is not built the same way.. no matter how you starve yourself and no matter how far you run..

the topic is MODEL body.. a model body has low fat..it should be sexy, with toned muscles.. not HUGE.. if you wanna look intimidating like a niteclub bouncer then continue with high weights low reps ..and do short cardio.. but then this topic is not about developing a body like that of a fat and huge niteclub bouncer.. its developing a model body.. like marc nelson, or brad pitt etc..

its basically the same things why i hate going to the gym is i see guys who keep on lifting heavy weights but are still packing lots of fat.. most of these dont even do proper warmup and cooldown on the treadmill..

i even see one on the gym who has large muscles did treadmill, then went out of the treadmill to answer a phone call not realizing he left the treadmill on and will speed up anytime soon..then he climb up the treadmill, bigla na lang kame may narinig na malakas na lagabog hahaha.. sadsad sa floor si loko..anlaki laking tanga... gusto ko sana tumawa e pinigilan ko lang..hahahaha.. :thumbsupsmiley:

yes get facts straight..the topic is about MODEL body..not a wrestler body.. :)

a model body is trim and toned like that of jericho rosales, richard gomez, piolo pascual, etc..

ahh... ohnga pala... model body.

Good point regarding people who just want to get fit... however In my experience with people, you never really get to the point of god given proportions unless pinagkakakitaan mo yung itsura mo... like models do... hehehehehe...

A friend of mine wanted to buy all sorts of supplements from me.. up to the point of steroids etc... i tasked, pagkatapos mo gumastos, mapagkikitaan mo ba yung itsura mo? he said no... so whats the point? them models and good looking people make money off the way they look..

In any case, i disagree with the bigger people who will never get marathon runner thin. Sure genetics play a role but to a certain extent only. Marathon runners get to be that way because of WHAT THEY DO... they are not that way KAYA SILA NAGING MARATHON RUNNERS. Having a stick thin body is not the cause for a person doing marathon cardio stuff, it is the effect when a person DECIDES to do that marathon running stuff... Yes they have to be thin for me speed etc, but being that way IS A RESULT OF THE ACTIVITIES THAT THEY DO.. IT IS NOT THE CAUSE FOR THEM TO DO THEIR ACTIVITIES.

I do however agree with you regarding the fat folk who do heavy reps and sets... but then again, some people do have bigorexia... That is their option.

I guess what Olympus is trying to say is that if you are not there yet and starting from scratch, there was little physiological basis that what you had stated will hold true... The program that you cited are for people who are already there... they are for people who are just maintaining how they look. Tayong mga munting nilalang however still have a FAR way to go... There is a difference in a maintenance program from a developing one. Thats why when you see someone with a body that you like, don't ask him what his program is now... that will never work for you if yer starting from scratch... Ask him about all the s@%t that he had to go through thats why ngayon pa easy easy nalang siya...

BTW whether Elite or not, they are still human therefore elite athletes still fall inside the same kinesiological and physiological principles that rule all of us... Variances in genetics do occur but the principles are the SAME..

ahh... ohnga pala... model body. 

Good point regarding people who just want to get fit... however In my experience with people, you never really get to the point of god given proportions unless pinagkakakitaan mo yung itsura mo... like models do... hehehehehe...

A friend of mine wanted to buy all sorts of supplements from me.. up to the point of steroids etc... i tasked, pagkatapos mo gumastos, mapagkikitaan mo ba yung itsura mo?  he said no... so whats the point?  them models and good looking people make money off the way they look..

In any case, i disagree with the bigger people who will never get marathon runner thin.  Sure genetics play a role but to a certain extent only.  Marathon runners get to be that way because of WHAT THEY DO... they are not that way KAYA SILA NAGING MARATHON RUNNERS.  Having a stick thin body is not the cause for a person doing marathon cardio stuff, it is the effect when a person DECIDES to do that marathon running stuff...  Yes they have to be thin for me speed etc, but being that way IS A RESULT OF THE ACTIVITIES THAT THEY DO.. IT IS NOT THE CAUSE FOR THEM TO DO THEIR ACTIVITIES.

I do however agree with you regarding the fat folk who do heavy reps and sets... but then again, some people do have bigorexia... That is their option. 

I guess what Olympus is trying to say is that if you are not there yet and starting from scratch, there was little physiological basis that what you had stated will hold true... The program that you cited are for people who are already there... they are for people who are just maintaining how they look.  Tayong mga munting nilalang however still have a FAR way to go... There is a difference in a maintenance program from a developing one.  Thats why when you see someone with a body that you like, don't ask him what his program is now... that will never work for you if yer starting from scratch... Ask him about all the s@%t that he had to go through thats why ngayon pa easy easy nalang siya...

BTW whether Elite or not, they are still human therefore elite athletes still fall inside the same kinesiological and physiological principles that rule all of us... Variances in genetics do occur but the principles are the SAME..

thats the point.. a lot of people go to the gym lift weights to build muscles for the goal of attracting the opposite sex.. or intimidate the same sex.. they want to look huge and gain respect.. they have very low self esteem and want to be accepted.. somehow there are some bodybuilders who suffer some psychological problems..which is why they are not contented with just having average toned muscles..they want to be different, they want to be huge..

the idea about getting fit should be for health reasons.. when you are healthy then you are less susceptible to high blood, heart disease, cancer, etc.. so you save a lot of money..you live longer so you can enjoy life more and have fun with your kids and family..

but some people overlook this.. and have a different goal why they lift weights

PS: I'm also a marathon runner. But im not thin. Just ideal weight. Im buff. :D

Edited by THUG

Many guys fail to achieve their goals since they follow the routine of drug induced bodybuilders..

To achieve the lean and toned look, sticking to the basic, compound lifts using free weights is your best bet.

For cardio, short, intense sessions help rev up your metabolism and burn fat faster than long sessions.

Training is really simple, people just complicate it and are often lazy

Many guys fail to achieve their goals since they follow the routine of drug induced bodybuilders..

To achieve the lean and toned look, sticking to the basic, compound lifts using  free weights is your best bet.

For cardio, short, intense sessions help rev up your metabolism and burn fat faster than long sessions.

Training is really simple, people just complicate it and are often lazy

i disagree short cardio sessions burn fat faster.. it does not burn that much amount of fat as longer, less intense cardio sessions ..

the weight loss from short intense cardio comes from burning glycogen which is stored carbohydrates on the muscles..and some fat.. the more intense you do your cardio the more glycogen you burn... yes you lose weight, but that is not pure fat..

to really burn fat.. and avoid glycogen depletion, you have to do your cardio long and slow.. doing long and slow cardio teaches your body to use FAT as a source of energy..

we have to consider that FAT is not a good source of energy..its carbohydrates is what our body uses when we exercise.. so to tap on to those fat.. do it LOOOOONG AND SLOOOOOW....

also doing intense cardio session is bad on your joints.. you should not attempt to run fast unless you have build your endurance..

also long cardio builds your endurance and stamina.. the more endurance you have, the longer you lift weights.. the more weights you could lift...

and as long as you dont lose more than 2 lbs of weight per week, you are not losing muscle..its also imposible to lose muscle if you lift weights.. so again there is something wrong with that posting..

Edited by THUG

Here we go again...

Before making a comment, I suggest you go through a Crossfit WOD or a Tabata session.

You burn calories whe you workout, fatloss is achieved through a caloric deficit.

I'll just use this simple analogy, why are sprinters more build than long distance runners?

i disagree short cardio sessions burn fat faster.. it does not burn that much amount of fat as longer, less intense cardio sessions ..

the weight loss from short intense cardio comes from burning glycogen which is stored carbohydrates on the muscles..and some fat.. the more intense you do your cardio the more glycogen you burn... yes you lose weight, but that is not pure fat..

to really burn fat.. and avoid glycogen depletion, you have to do your cardio long and slow.. doing long and slow cardio teaches your body to use FAT as a source of energy..

we have to consider that  FAT is not a good source of energy..its carbohydrates is what our body uses when we exercise.. so to tap on to those fat.. do it LOOOOONG AND SLOOOOOW....

also doing intense cardio session is bad on your joints.. you should not attempt to run fast unless you have build your endurance..

also long cardio builds your endurance and stamina.. the more endurance you have, the longer you lift weights.. the more weights you could lift...

and as long as you dont lose more than 2 lbs of weight per week, you are not losing muscle..its also imposible to lose muscle if you lift weights.. so again there is something wrong with that posting..

again i must agree with Olympus here. Long drawn out cardio IS GOOD but it is not the be-all end-all... Short intense cardio work outs, when done correctly(certain amount of experience needed here as well..) reduces fat faster and more efficiently due to a afterburn effect that you submit your body too... I guess a combination of both should do. One of the guys who work oout in the gym does the short intense cardio during work out but once a week he would do a long 10 kilometer run. His body looks really toned and defined as well..

I am contemplating on the psyche of people who lift weights due to self esteem deficit... puwede yun... but isn't that the basis of all work outs? I mean if we were happy with ourselves and how we look per say, we wouldn't be working out anymore diba? Doing the gym thing for health reasons is sound but that statement also hints that since yer not happy or satisfied with yer health regime, then you would do work out.. isn't that another form of insecurity and low self esteem?

In any case, i am one of those guys who lift weights because at any point in the day im happy with the fact that I'm basically stronger and more fit than the regular joe..

Referring back to what Olympus said, to lose fat, you have to be consuming more calories than what yer taking in.. Therefore a fibrous diet with a lot of bulk and less calories is the best way to go. Less sugars, and carbs. Im really still in the dark as to what is the ideal diet.

In reference to your glycogen depletion, glycogen is the fat stored in the liver... Depletion of that fat is good and when that is done and over, your body will start sourcing into yer other fat stores such as the one that is found under the skin, under the chin, etc... hehehehe

Again, the simplest way to look at it is calories consumed should be lower than the calories needed by the body to do work.. if that situation happens, vavavoom.. you lose weight..

keeping your body temperature high will keep yer metabolism up thus make you lose yer fat stores a lot faster..

Here we go again...

Before making a comment, I suggest you go through a Crossfit WOD or a Tabata session.

You burn calories whe you workout, fatloss is achieved through a caloric deficit.

I'll just use this simple analogy, why are sprinters more build than long distance runners?

see.. you are again comparing elite athletes.. you see natural long distance runners are inborn thin and light.. they don't get thin by running long.. they are already thin from the very start..

elite sprinters on the other hand also start thin.. but then they have to lift weights for power. to build muscles for explosive action.. they need upper body power to propel themselves too..

elite sprinters dont build muscles just by sprinting..thats the the stupidest thing i heard.. :lol:

i guess its this wrong notion why I see a lot of guys a the gym beside me on the treadmill running fast on the treadmill till they loss breath and then suddenly STOP.. .wow.. that is bad for your heart..

makes me wonder where they pick up those silly ideas..

also why is there a thread here about weightlifting injuries? same wrong belief.. lifting heavy and doing fast cardio.. very wrong.. fitness end product should be for good health not to impress..

Who said I was comparing elite athlets top the average Joe? We use Tabata for any fitness level.

Runners, regardless if sprinter or marathon runner, both lift weights, yet they use different energy system work. One uses aerobic, and the other anaerobic.

Apparently, you still have no clue about what you're talking about...

Every program I make starts with two purposes, structural and functional.

see.. you are again comparing elite athletes..  you see natural long distance runners are inborn thin and light..  they don't get thin by running long.. they are already thin from the very start.. 

elite sprinters on the other hand also start thin..  but then they have to lift weights for power. to build muscles for explosive action.. they need upper body power to propel themselves too..

elite sprinters dont build muscles just by sprinting..thats the the stupidest thing i heard..  :lol:

i guess its this wrong notion why I see a lot of guys a the gym beside me on the treadmill running fast on the treadmill till they loss breath and then suddenly STOP.. .wow.. that is bad for your heart.. 

makes me wonder where they pick up those silly ideas..

also why is there a thread here about weightlifting injuries? same wrong belief.. lifting heavy and doing fast cardio.. very wrong..  fitness end product should be for good health not to impress..