11 Justices Favored After nearly 5 years

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

The Lightworker

• 5,175 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:10 AM

Now that former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo walks free after nearly 5 years of hospital detention, do you (honestly) believe that filing charges on her "persecutors" (for compensation) does make sense? Or is it going to be an (a good) option?

MANILA - One of the lawyers and spokesmen of former president Gloria Macapagal Arroyo wants her to sue for damages in connection with the alleged political persecution she suffered through the dismissed plunder case concerning the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) funds.

Lorenzo Gadon said he was only basing his suggestion on the finding of the United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention that Arroyo be compensated for her detention.

''Ako talaga nagsasabi noon na 'ma'am dapat mag-file kayo ng charges for compensation because it was mentioned in the UN ruling she should be compensated for illegal detention. It was just my opinion. Wala naman siya sinagot tungkol doon," he said.

''I'm very much particular with that because I was the one that coordinated with Atty. Amal Clooney. Alam ko yung naging resulta ng UN ruling. Pagdating sa bagay na yan I will leave it to the good minds of the legal expert," he added.

Arroyo, through lawyer Amal Clooney, got a UN panel to rule against the Philippine government whom she accused of violating her human rights.

Gadon said the Aquino government must be made accountable for Arroyo's woes. More here.

Edited by FleurDeLune, 22 July 2016 - 10:12 AM.

#2 -DELETED-

-DELETED-

Fifty Shades

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

Yes, I think our Justice system is pretty f*cked up. Why would you jail someone that long if you don't have enough evidence to convict him/her? Imagine being jailed for 6 years only to be released because there were no sufficient evidence. Imagine the damages done to you (physical, moral, financial, etc.). Anyone should be compensated if you jail them and found innocent later on. You cannot return the years you have taken from them. Anyone could lose everything just because of this. I hope today's administration speed things up.

• Gwen Morales, camiar, IllidonGopnib and 1 other like this

#3 rooster69ph

rooster69ph

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,972 posts
  • Interests:May langaw na papansin ...

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:16 PM

Technicalities ... the great escape

To me, that does not mean she is clean though.

Otherwise, given the number of convicted for plunder, hindi na siguro issue ang corruption sa Pinas.

#4 steveslater

steveslater

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:whiskey tango foxtrot

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:23 PM

first clue: those 11 who voted for her acquittal are all her appointees. justice is served only for those who feel that it's convenient for them. *sigh* how people easily forget. then again, you have erap so this development isn't surprising at all.

#5 goldrush

goldrush

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:36 PM

ang dami nya nanakaw.

#6 -DELETED-

-DELETED-

Fifty Shades

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:37 PM

My earlier comment is more concerned about our justice system rather than the case of PGMA. One's case should be worked out with haste. If you have enough evidence then convict him/her. If not, then why detain the person? If PGMA really escape from the charges, and if ever she is really guilty, then the justice system is the one to be blamed, and must be improved. This might be slightly off the topic but I am more concerned to the poor who experiences this kind of treatment.

#7 baMbee🐝

baMbee🐝

Patron

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,715 posts
  • Interests:Travel, love, more
    🔴Beautiful, sexy, sweet
    🔵Maayos kausap
    ⚫Top massage, service

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:39 PM

first clue: those 11 who voted for her acquittal are all her appointees. justice is served only for those who feel that it's convenient for them. *sigh* how people easily forget. then again, you have erap so this development isn't surprising at all.

I had the same thoughts as you.
1. Justices
2. Erap - first president jailed.
I hope si Aquino rin gets jailed for DAP, SAF massacre or a lot of other kainutilan.

Arroyo is still guilty. She was already convicted. Nakalusot lang sa technicality but those justices who voted against it doesn't think so. Varying interpretations that's I know that most favored for their benefactor.

I 'think' this also has to do with her hubby, Mikey Arroyo being a cunning lawyer. He was charged previously. GMA is just an economist but easily manipulated.

Edited by baMbee🐝, 22 July 2016 - 01:45 PM.

#8 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:51 PM

Technicalities ... the great escape

To me, that does not mean she is clean though.

Otherwise, given the number of convicted for plunder, hindi na siguro issue ang corruption sa Pinas.

Yung mga sanctimoniously self-righteous, di talaga makaka move-on dito sa release order kay GMA.

But wait, There's more.

She may file a case against the Aquino government for restitution and compensation.
Republic Act 7309 of 1992 grants compensation for victims of unjust imprisonment or detention. “A person who was unjustly accused, convicted and imprisoned and subsequently released by virtue of a judgment of acquittal,” the law says, is one of the conditions for compensation grants. 

#9 lone23

lone23

Master

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,566 posts
  • Interests:Women, Concert, Rock Music, Telecommunication

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:17 PM

May karma naman. Sana makarma si Gloria.

#10 rooster69ph

rooster69ph

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:44 PM

Yung mga sanctimoniously self-righteous, di talaga makaka move-on dito sa release order kay GMA.

But wait, There's more.

She may file a case against the Aquino government for restitution and compensation.
Republic Act 7309 of 1992 grants compensation for victims of unjust imprisonment or detention. “A person who was unjustly accused, convicted and imprisoned and subsequently released by virtue of a judgment of acquittal,” the law says, is one of the conditions for compensation grants. 

Totoo?  Baka ikaw lang ang may gusto?

Pero matanong ko lang CONVICTED ba si PGMA?  Sa pinakita mo malinaw na nakasaad to be able to file a claim dapat unjustly accused, CONVICTED .....and subsequently released by virtue of a judgement of acquittal.

Ikalawa, under RA 7309 the Board of Claims was created under the DOJ for the purpose.  Hindi po exclusive sa Aquino gov't ang DOJ.  Duterte administration na po ...yun ay kung qualified siya to claim.

Finally, max of 1k a month lang ang liability... barya lang ito at  kayang kaya  bayaran ni Krissy ngayong jobless si PNoy yun ay kung sakaling siya ang dapat magbayad.

So bilisan ninyo mag file baka mag lapse yun 6 months period

#11 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:57 PM

Totoo?  Baka ikaw lang ang may gusto?

Pero matanong ko lang CONVICTED ba si PGMA?  Sa pinakita mo malinaw na nakasaad to be able to file a claim dapat unjustly accused, CONVICTED .....and subsequently released by virtue of a judgement of acquittal.

Ikalawa, under RA 7309 the Board of Claims was created under the DOJ for the purpose.  Hindi po exclusive sa Aquino gov't ang DOJ.  Duterte administration na po ...yun ay kung qualified siya to claim.

Finally, max of 1k a month lang ang liability... barya lang ito at  kayang kaya  bayaran ni Krissy ngayong jobless si PNoy yun ay kung sakaling siya ang dapat magbayad.

So bilisan ninyo mag file baka mag lapse yun 6 months period

Don't worry.

She will get justice against those who persecuted her. Rule of law will prevail.

#12 maxwellbarton

maxwellbarton

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:19 PM

...ibalik na sana sa kulungan.... paaano nmn yung naghirap dahil sa mga kinurkot nila sa projects nya

#13 NooB

NooB

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:13 PM

Don't worry.

She will get justice against those who persecuted her. Rule of law will prevail.

The ones sued will be the PH gov’t not Aquino himself.

#14 moodboom

moodboom

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:49 AM

one giant political move. knowing the fact that most congressmen are still under her political banner and that most of digongs appointees are closely connected with gma. i just hope his play on multiple factions doesnt cause the nation. political favor is an unpredictable lender, ud never know when or what payback will be asked.

• Gwen Morales likes this

#15 rooster69ph

rooster69ph

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,972 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:41 AM

The ones sued will be the PH gov’t not Aquino himself.

Mismo ...

#16 Edmund Dantes

Edmund Dantes

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:45 PM

I agree, the buck has to stop somewhere, nagsalita na ang korte suprema, That is that. A lot of people wanna play lawyer/legal expert hindi naman inaaral mabuti merits ng kaso at ebidensya. Tama din na napakapolitically motivated kasong ito. At kung sasabihin naman na hindi maasahan korte suprema natin, then why bother taking the case there? Or better yet, san natin yan dadalhin pala?

#17 Julianda

Julianda

Omry feek antia

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:48 PM

Meanwhile, amid the controversial issues that have been surfacing against Sen. De Lima, here is a question from the husband, Mike Arroyo: "How does karma feel?"

http://www.rappler.c...medium=referral

#18 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

Meanwhile, amid the controversial issues that have been surfacing against Sen. De Lima, here is a question from the husband, Mike Arroyo: "How does karma feel?"

http://www.rappler.c...medium=referral

Eventually baka ma-"hospital arrest" din si D5.

Sa NMH.

Magkakasama sila ni Abnoy.

#19 punkee

punkee

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:07 AM

Im waiting to see how the Delima saga plays out. 

Big difference is that when they were accused, Erap, GMA and currently Binay all kept mum and followed their script to just answer all allegations in court. Delima is facing all attacks head on.

#20 wilde_imagination

wilde_imagination

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:35 AM

Kasama yata ito sa agreement nung nangangampanya may bago pa ba?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users