No problem.

You're supposed to be the presiding poster of that thread sana. But since you were not around, I did the move. Next thread na lang or think of another topic so we can post it under your name. :rolleyes:

I am in favor

- For drug lords/pushers, rape with murder and MILLION and BILLION PESO corruption

The justice system problem will always be there.

t#ang%na ayoko ng sayangin ang tax ko sa pagpapakain sa mga hayup na yan na wala naman pakealam sa mga biktima nila at sa mga pamilya nito.

Sa Drugs, ang ebidensya laging andyan, hindi ka ma i ko convict kung walang kahit katiting na drogang nakita sayo. Eh kaso yung mga nahuhuli mga milyones pa! Walang problema sa justice system dito sa tingin ko.

- Yung sa rape ang medyo mahirap lalo na kung walang witness. Pero personally, i believe na this is the reality and there will be consequences para ma achieve ang desired result.

ika nga ni idol Che Guevarra

"To accomplish much you must first lose everything."

- and about sa corruption, about time may masampolan. Yung mga anak nga kailangan masampolan ng magulang para magtino, ito pa kayang mga animal na to???

These are my personal opinions

(Thanks nga pala ke Mam FDL for this thread)

Moderator's note:

Please be reminded that when I say subjective, it means any post or statement based on personal feelings or opinion. It might have led to flame baiting or flame trolling which is not only offensive but also a violation of MTC rules. We do not tolerate this kind of behavior.

Please respect members at all times. You may not make personal attacks and there will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory.

Everyone wants to have fun. But please keep it positive and polite. We may take action against posts and/or topics that could cause unrest in the community beyond a civil and polite disagreement.

by Mod [member=FleurDeLune]

PS. Also, please take heed other rules like NO off-topic posting, spamming / flooding, topic bumping and inappropriate language.

• 4 weeks later...

Good Afternoon Mam FDL

1.) I would like to request for a new thread entitled: Pinas Pulpolitika or Philippine Politicking (or any na mas magandang title, you decide)

the thread will contain topics not directly related to the current Pres. and his admin such as;

a.) past admin updates (Pnoy's cases, yolanda funds updates, SAF 44 updates, Abaya cases updates, etc)

b.) topics/issues on politicians on the local level (Binay's, Erap's, etc)

c.) Updates on new/high profile politicians (pacquiao, vilma santos, richard gomez, etc)

d.) topics regarding new laws proposed by Congressmen and Senators NOT initiated by the current ADMIN

e.) updates on previous presidentiables (Binays cases, Miriams health, Mar's Idiocy, Poe's citizenship update, etc)

f.) Issues on the VIce President (since wala pa syang cabinet post)

g.) Other issues that may deem debatable that cant be post on the presidents thread dahil ma o off topic.

Other non political issues should be placed on the "current events thread"

so what do you think?

TIA

Ok hang on.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure we can create one. We all know that every person who voted DU30 would certainly favor the Federalism. Better state the antithesis or the opposing view for that matter and we'll be all set and done. ;)

Unfortunately, since there are different "flavors" of federalism, the pros and cons depend on which flavor it is. But here are a few:

The con of a US style Federal System is a bloated federal government bureaucracy and federal overreach.

The con of a Switzerland style Federal System is it takes a lot of political maturity to pull it off, otherwise, its going to lead to balkanization.

and an info article to start thing off:

Advantages & Disadvantages of Federalism

http://www.bloomp.net/articles/benefits_federalism.htm

Unfortunately, since there are different "flavors" of federalism, the pros and cons depend on which flavor it is. But here are a few:

The con of a US style Federal System is a bloated federal government bureaucracy and federal overreach.

The con of a Switzerland style Federal System is it takes a lot of political maturity to pull it off, otherwise, its going to lead to balkanization.

and an info article to start thing off:

Advantages & Disadvantages of Federalism

http://www.bloomp.net/articles/benefits_federalism.htm

There's already Du30 as our President and he speaks in and of itself very well. Chances are, nobody will ever oppose that. Let's conceptualize it na lang as broad in scope.

Bongbong Marcos VS Leni Robredo Thread

Activity: Edited some posts due to subjective and flaming

and moved some off-topic posts to WAA Thread.

Involved parties: @punkee, @james cutter, @everyman

@Booblehead and myself (for attending / answering some OT posts)

Warned / suspended / banned: None

Remarks: the usual maintenance routine

08/06/16

Edited by FleurDeLune
  • 2 weeks later...

To all patrons of the Marcos Burial thread.

I would like to apologize for having that thread closed. Someone has to claim responsibility for it, and after my distasteful comment I will gladly man up and take one for the team.

DaphnelovesDerby,

You are right, profanity was uncalled for. I went full douchebag mode and I should not have done that.

Ibirp.

If you are reading this, I do not know you personally, but please accept my sincerest apology for what you have read. You did not deserve to hear something like that from a total stranger. And if respect is what you are asking for, let this act of humility be the evidence of my sincerity.

I am not even going to elaborate why I said what I did, as it would appear I am making excuses, so the best thing really for me to do is own up to it.

Again I am sorry

FluerdeLune

If you still can, please delete my comments, you may also raise my warning status, and reopen the thread again. I think that is fair because ako naman yun mali.

I promise to not participate na muna in that thread, since nasabi ko na naman gusto ko.

Lastly, I would like to say, the forums can sometimes bring out the devil in us. It is almost impossible most of the time to argue dispassionately. And because we have less restrictions online and more freedom, we tend to sacrifice things like prudence in the heat of discussion.

For what its worth though, I'll let you know that whatever beef I might seem to have with you in threads, from my end that will stay in the threads. Life is too short to hold online grudges. I can only hope you guys feel the same. Kung celebrities nga na sumasablay pinatatawad eh.

• Like (+1) 1

@ Edmund

Fair enough.

I hope everyone has learned a lesson.

Sorry that I just needed to do something (outside cyber world) after closing the thread. Will "fix" it anytime soon. Meanwhile, I just created another thread almost similar to the Marcos burial thread. Your input is highly appreciated. Keep posting. Don't go away (lol)

@ Edmund

Fair enough.

I hope everyone has learned a lesson.

Sorry that I just needed to do something (outside cyber world) after closing the thread. Will "fix" it anytime soon. Meanwhile, I just created another thread almost similar to the Marcos burial thread. Your input is highly appreciated. Keep posting. Don't go away (lol)

In all the years I have participated in the forums I learned the following

1. Disagreement is good. Disagreement makes discussions fun and engaging. And though you do not always approve on the disagreement itself, you have to welcome them. Otherwise, threads become monotonous.

2. Expect that because we tend to have less restrictions and more freedom, we tend to be more audacious sometimes

3. Don't hold an online grudge. Bad trip lang araw mo dyan.

4. Wala naman problema umamin pag ikaw naman talaga yun medyo sumobra. Closure is better achieved that way. Besides, we all could use a little spanking sometimes.

At any rate thanks for acting on the issue promptly

• Like (+1) 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Typical offense:

Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users, often involving the use of profanity. It can also be the swapping of insults back and forth or with many groups teaming up on a single victim.

Flame trolling is the posting of a provocative or offensive message, known as "flamebait",[15] to a public Internet discussion group, such as a forum, newsgroup or mailing list, with the intent of provoking an angry response (a "flame") or argument.

A flame war results when multiple users engage in provocative responses to an original post—while the original post is usually flamebait, this is not always the case. Flame wars often draw in many users (including those trying to defuse the flame war) and can overshadow regular forum discussion if left unchecked.

"Taking the bait" or "feeding the troll" refers to someone who responds to the original message regardless of whether they are aware the original message was intended to provoke a response. Often when someone takes the bait, others will point this out to them with the acronym "YHBT", which is short for "You have been trolled", or reply with "don't feed the trolls".

-wikipedia-

Edited by FleurDeLune

Sorry guys pero ginagawa lang natin ito para sa kaayusan ng lahat at HINDI rin madali mag mentena o maglinis ng thread dahil lang sa kalat nyo. Mas marami ang nagbabasa at gusto sanang sumali sa diskusyon kaso naapektuhan sa ginagawa nyo.

Marcos Burial Thread

Activity: "Housekeeping" and sanctions aimed at some members

Banned accounts for flame trolling / baiting offense

@ibirp - 5 days

@boy popoy - 5 days

@punkee - 2 days

@james cutter - 1 day

Edited by FleurDeLune
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with Edmund.

Disagreements and differences in opinions makes this forum interesting and encourages others to participate and contribute their opinions.

If everyone agree with each other, the thread will die a natural death.

Merong naman ibang sobrang kulit na paulit-ulit lang yung walang katuturan nyang argument, na kelangan pang insultuhin para tumigil na. Para sa akin OK lang gawin yun, para mag-isip-isip naman bago mag-post uli.

Edited by camiar