Photo

The Pnp And Afp

Combat ships BRP Jose Rizal BRP Antonio Luna AFP PNP Phil Govt.

• Please log in to reply
3500 replies to this topic

#1 jopoc

jopoc

MTC Oblation Runner

• Ambassador
  • 22,131 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 12:47 PM

our cops and AFP has always been subjected to different controversies, from the time of the marcos dictatorship until the recent Bagong Diwa incident.

are they really now unreliable?
is there a reason for us to fear for our security even if we have cops available?
are the cops generally still reliable? do you still feel secured with them around?
or maybe, it is the cops and the military that we have to fear in the first place?

what is you opinion?

Edited by FleurDeLune, 06 June 2019 - 05:28 PM.

• kayesantos likes this

#2 Podweed

Podweed

What, ME worry?

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Interested in everything.

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:21 PM

You know, I grew up inside a police camp. Provincial headquarters, in fact. No, my dad isn't a policeman. The camp was sort of built around our lot. Anyway, growing up, my playmates were cops' kids and our playground the entire compound itself. It's probably because of that that I feel entirely safe with a police officer (I hope not in custody though.)

Also, two members of the family were soldiers. They're gone now and in honor of their memories, I will always believe they hold true to their sworn duty to defend us from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

So, for personal reasons, I say yes, we can still rely on them.

#3 marvin_8

marvin_8

GIGOLO

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:51 PM

..............We are a Family of Politicians , PNP and soldiers........
i may be biased to comment ... but as it is ... i would like to point out that it is our job to protect the people
we serve .....and at the best of our abilities provide a safe place for the people ....but nothing is fool-proof....
even the US nalulusutan .... There were many intelligence reports gathered ... before christmas ..... after christmas..... and the recent 2 weeks before the jolt .... y it happened ??? i am not in he postition to answer.... all i want to let you know is that whatever arises from any situation we are ready to face them ... HEAD_-on ..... a SAF -pnco was killed in that fight ... but we neutralized them ... it's better that way ....
Trust the government......Trust the uniformed personnel of this country ......
The mission - vision of the PNP and the AFP is clear... never forgotten and always in our hearts ......
and in our hearts remain the love for our country and the people.....

SAFETY , peace and order is our RESPONSIBILITY ...... but we cannot perform our duties well without your help ....let us altogether face the challenge ..... we can do this .. TRUST us TRust YOUrselves .....

Edited by marvin_8, 16 March 2005 - 06:56 PM.

#4 popoy dude

popoy dude

Wanton

• UNREGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:kung ano meron.....

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:41 PM

rearm the afp with F16 assault planes aegis cruisers missile
frigates naval destroyers and t-72 batle tanks then they can
be reliable.

#5 Agent_mulder

Agent_mulder

Not shaken just nerd

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:44 PM

i guess they are still reliable in terms of dedication to their job and the country but in terms of weaponry medyo kulang talaga, kita nyo naman yung mga nag-assault na SAF at regional special action unit sa camp bagong diwa kahapon, nabasa ko yung iba daw me bullet-proof vest, yung iba wala, samantalang pag sa ibang bansa yan standard na naka-bulletproof vest ang assault team lalo na close quarter battle pero it's a perfect textbook assault kaya minimal o halos wala yatang casualty sa part ng assaulting team. yun nga lang nahaluan na ng politika ang military at police since ng mangyari ang edsa people revolution...

#6 jopoc

jopoc

MTC Oblation Runner

• Ambassador
  • 22,131 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 11:53 AM

how about in terms of corruption? i have been visting lot of police stations assisting my friends in trouble, and more often than not, we end up paying them bribery.
  • kayesantos likes this

#7 stone21

stone21

****C_R_A_V_E_R_S***

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,986 posts
  • Interests:everything.........

Posted 17 March 2005 - 11:58 AM

for me lang let us just trust our armed forces/defense.....let them do their job..wala naman perfect na tao ahh..
we should trust our armed forces even teries a lot of intriques to them

#8 nataraki

nataraki

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity!

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts
  • Interests:Dum inter homines sumus, colamus humanitatem

Posted 17 March 2005 - 02:35 PM

The AFP was rocked by a monstrous scandal in the Garcia case whereas the glaring difference between the lifestyles and riches of the generals and ordinary soldiers took the spotlight. As ive read in one article, how reliable can the PAF be when there are more generals in them than their fleet of operational planes? The AFP could have benifited a lot from the sale of the Fort Bonifacio land but as we can see, nothing has happened yet and only Ramos knows where the money is. There can never be a good platform/program of improvement possible for implementation in the AFP and PNP in lieu to the frequent changing of the top AFP and PNP head.

We have brave and honest men in the AFP and PNP... what we lack is a good supply of weapons and arms and most specially good leaders who can show the right way to our small soldiers.

#9 Zangertotenflank

Zangertotenflank

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:41 PM

how about in terms of corruption? i have been visting  lot of police stations assisting my friends in trouble, and more often than not, we end up paying them bribery.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it depends on the assistance you are asking for ....
and it is not bribe money when you give something out of help ... it is called " Goodwill or in kind "

what kind of trouble ??? of course if you are wrong .... bribery might be in hand ....but not in all circumstances...

you havebeen visiting alot of PCP's ??? so it only means your friends only go to you when they are in trouble ??? mahirap ang ganiyang kaibigan lagi kang ipapahamak ....

everytime you go there you bribe ??? that's wrong ... did they ask you for it ???
did you get what you asked for after paying ???

yung mga . " pangmeryenda .... pangyosi ..." iba yun ...... " in kind yun "

kung hiningian ka .. iba na yun ..... u can got to Napolcom or PLEB ... to air your grievances ...
but if u were able to get what you want by giving them a little something .... e ok lang yan .. ganun talaga ang sistema........
but it's not bribery....
..... kaibiganin mo na lang so that ..... when the time comes na may problem na naman ang kaibigan mo ... may kaibigan ka na sa loob .... advise lang bro ....

"in this life we need connections .. and if we don't have the right one's we end up being left behind "

:hypocritesmiley:

#10 Zangertotenflank

Zangertotenflank

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:46 PM

how about in terms of corruption? i have been visting  lot of police stations assisting my friends in trouble, and more often than not, we end up paying them bribery.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it depends on the assistance you are asking for ....
and it is not bribe money when you give something out of help ... it is called " Goodwill or in kind "

what kind of trouble ??? of course if you are wrong .... bribery might be in hand ....but not in all circumstances...

you havebeen visiting alot of PCP's ??? so it only means your friends only go to you when they are in trouble ??? mahirap ang ganiyang kaibigan lagi kang ipapahamak ....

everytime you go there you bribe ??? that's wrong ... did they ask you for it ???
did you get what you asked for after paying ???

yung mga . " pangmeryenda .... pangyosi ..." iba yun ...... " in kind yun "

kung hiningian ka .. iba na yun ..... u can got to Napolcom or PLEB ... to air your grievances ...
but if u were able to get what you want by giving them a little something .... e ok lang yan .. ganun talaga ang sistema........
but it's not bribery....
..... kaibiganin mo na lang so that ..... when the time comes na may problem na naman ang kaibigan mo ... may kaibigan ka na sa loob .... advise lang bro ....

"in this life we need connections .. and if we don't have the right one's we end up being left behind "

:hypocritesmiley:

#11 popoy dude

popoy dude

Wanton

• UNREGISTERED
  • 708 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 07:23 PM

make them strong like the israeli army then we could see good
results

#12 Zangertotenflank

Zangertotenflank

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 10:07 AM

" Trust them ..... "

#13 popoy dude

popoy dude

Wanton

• UNREGISTERED
  • 708 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 03:19 PM

our men in uniform can fight like the 2000 attack on MILF strong holds
i have high praises for them specially the marines the finest dogs of
war. we could just equip them with modern weapons we could even
recover sabah from the malaysians. and even match up against the
chinese peoples liberation army.

#14 Berwaks

Berwaks

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 05:52 PM

very true popoy dude, we need modern equipments and weapon.

#15 Podweed

Podweed

What, ME worry?

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Interested in everything.

Posted 20 March 2005 - 06:20 PM

rearm the afp with F16 assault planes aegis cruisers missile
frigates naval destroyers and t-72 batle tanks then they can
be reliable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

make them strong like the israeli army then we could see good
results

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

our men in uniform can fight like the 2000 attack on MILF strong holds
i have high praises for them specially the marines the finest dogs of
war. we could just equip them with modern weapons we could even
recover sabah from the malaysians. and even match up against the
chinese peoples liberation army.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Modern weapons? Like his suggestions? To match up against the Chinese, over the Spratlys, perhaps? Go to war with Malaysia over Sabah, with our F-5s against their Mig-29s? Are you kidding?

#16 popoy dude

popoy dude

Wanton

• UNREGISTERED
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:44 AM

we could match them with modern weapons but without it were
dead ok

#17 robbietan

robbietan

arheddis varkenjaab

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 12:00 PM

yeah, give them modern weapons para maging permanent right-wing military junta ang bansang pinas much like argentina and myanmar and north korea....

and look where these countries are now......

#18 Zangertotenflank

Zangertotenflank

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:31 PM

We don't need weapons of mass destruction.. just to show we can fight ...
we don't need to ...
all we have to do is protect from within ...
Defensive .. not Offensive ...
Our men can fight ... don't you know that the US go here for balikatan exercise for them to be aware of how Filipino's do " JUNGLE WARFARE " ? .. ang galing ng Pilipino ... ng Army .. Navy .. Marines .....ng mga scout ranger na hindi umaatras sa kahit anong laban.... napakagaling Pilipino ...
Ang abu sayaff gumagamit ng modern equipment ... mas maganda pa kesa sa ginagamit ng AFP ..... pero nakakalaban pa din tayo at nakakhuli ng mga tulad nila ...
Trust them ....

SAF of the PNP ... magagaling .. isa lang ang fatality sa bicutan seige .. kung bobo yang mga yan .. baka Bloodbath yun on both sides....
SWAT ..... they are not called SWAT for nothing ....

#19 jopoc

jopoc

MTC Oblation Runner

• Ambassador
  • 22,131 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:47 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you are right, so next time, they can easily poke a high powered gun in your face and scare the hell out of you. reason? to extort money.

worse, the weapon (just like what is happening now) will be sold to the NPA, MILF and other anti-government movements. effect of that? need i say it?
  • kayesantos likes this

#20 Zangertotenflank

Zangertotenflank

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 11:41 AM

you are right, so next time, they can easily poke a high powered gun in your face and scare the hell out of you. reason? to extort money.

any recent cases of gun poking ? imagine high powered guns to be poked in your face ? ang bigat nun para matamaan ka sa mukha .... sa batok puwede pa .... when they extort money .. do they have to poke you in the face to sow terror .. so that you give something ? ... alam mo ba na hindi ka puwede magdala ng high powered firearm pag hindi ka nakauniporme ? kahit pa pulis ka ... lalo na kung dayoff , on leave o awol ? so u mean .. nageextort ng pera nakauniporme ? saan ? bakit wala kami nababalitaan ? bakit parang ikaw lang yata ang nakakaalam niyan ?

worse, the weapon (just like what is happening now) will be sold to the NPA, MILF and other anti-government movements. effect of that? need i say it?

..,partially true ..... do you know how many awol afp's are there in mindanao ? wala pang 3 % ... which means konti lang ang nag awol at nagbenta ng armas sa guerilla ... nkapunta ka na ba ng mindanao ? hindi mo ba alam na ang supplier nila ng weapons and ammunitions ay hindi dito nanggaling sa pilipinas ? .. so how can you conclude na AFP ang nagbenta sa guerilla ???? hindi mo ba alam na mas magaganda pa ang mga gamit nila kesa sa afp ? mas makabago at kumpleto ....

kaya minsan may nakukuha sa mga raid ng safehouse ng guerilla ...na property of the government ay sa
dahil niloloob ng NPA at Abu Sayaff ang mga Station ng Police at Military detachment sa mga probinsiya na stronghold nila ....

magkano lang ba ang kikitain mo kung ibenta mo ang m16 mo sa kanila .. bibilhin nila sayo ng 5 thousand ...will you go a long way with 5 thousand pesos ? i can spend all of that in less than 10 mins including travel time ... e kung sa gunsmith sila sa danao,cebu  bibili ... 10 thousand or less .. bago na .... wala pang sabit ....kung ikaw e awol military .. maglalakas loob ka bang pumunta sa kanila at ibenta yun ?? di ba't itatago mo na lang dahil mas kailangan mo yun pamprotekta sa pamilya mo ?? ganun ang ginagawa ng iba .. souvenir ...

isa na naman iyan sa problema sa media .... dapat ipost din ito sa media thread .....they sensationalize and speculize as if it were true and already proven .....

kaya ang mga civilian .... naniniwala ..... :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• soft2016 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users