Well, that was a terrible last week for me. Naipit ako for 5 days sa stock split that cost me $600 profit. So instead of up $600 I have to settle for zero gain. :lol: :lol:

Non-Retirement

My 2020 Scoreboard as of 20200824:

Year-to-Date gain of $37.4K or Php1.87M. :wub: :wub:

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

Non-Retirement

My 2020 Scoreboard as of 20200826:

Year-to-Date gain of $37.7K or Php1.88M. :wub: :wub:

sir,

a friend is asking if you can recommend a book or video series for someone who is starting on stocks??

thanks sir so much

No book. Gastos lang. Read online and youtube search instead. Same lang naman sinasabi.

Buy Mutual Fund or ETF every paycheck, say 6%-10% of salary. Up is good but down is even better kasi nag-a-accumulate ka pa. I did this for 15 years. I concentrated on my work for 15 years, got better pay as time went on, hence higher contribution from my paycheck even if it is the same 6%-10% of salary.

There is only 1 ETF in Philippines right now. First Metro. https://grit.ph/etf/

As you may have noticed, I have 2 accounts -- Retirement and Non-Retirement.

Retirement is 90% equity, 10% bonds.

Non-retirement varies based on my gut feel but with an end goal of beating the market by at least 4% each year. I am only able to do this because I am semi-retired, hence, I could watch the stocks every now and then on a somewhat daily basis.

Guys, I lost $4K today or Php200K. This is the equivalent of 1 month's worth of trading gain slayed in 1 day. Brutal? Yes.

BUT, I am happy. :D Coz you know what that means? Yessir, Discounts Galore.

Namiss ko na itong Discounts. This is really where I earn. Buying at cheaper prices.

As always, I will document here how I recover that $4K loss in the hope of curing guys who have fear of losing money in stocks.

The plan is simple: Buy more when discounts are high.

Cheers!

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

Guys here is the loss of $4.2K in one day.

From 38.7.

XxjpjVF.jpg

To 34.5

9KBTZyq.jpg

Yehey!! Celebration! Celebration! :lol: :lol: Remember our philoshopy! We look at losses at happier times in long-term investing because it is opportunity to buy low. Anytime you get a chance to buy low is a big boost to your future eanings.

And as it just so happens, today is paycheck day for me so give me the Discounts! :ninja:

Patuloy pa rin Discounts today guys.

So my total loss so far went up to -$5.8K from yesterday's -$4.2K.

But with some selling of good performing stocks and buying of cheapened stocks, IF the market goes back up to its highest point today, not only will I gain all -$5.8K losses BUT I will also GAIN +$4.0K.

So every day na tumatagal itong pag recover, the more my GAIN will increase kasi the more opportunity to buy at cheaper prices.

Let the GOOD TIMES ROLL!! :lol: :lol:

Just to put things in context, my biggest loss was during the 2009 armageddon where I lost $30K or Php1.5 Million within 1.5 year, representing 40% of my savings at the time.

I was depressed because it ate up my money for downpayment for the house I am going to buy that year. I thought with the market already down big, if I put my "saved downpayment" money into stock, I could earn some from it. Little did I know it was an armageddon year and stocks were just going down every day, week, month.

Just this year, I lost $25K within 1.5 months (!) due to Covid pandemic from Feb-Mar.

Having experioed big losses like that AND knowing that I recovered all of it over time makes me this kind of investor I am today.

Buy and buy. You only start selling when you age to 55 and it is a gradual sell of say, 10% a year of your portfolio until it is down to say 40% stocks 60% cash.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX