#1 boy_kokok

boy_kokok

focker!

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,042 posts
  • Interests:DRAG RACING...

Posted 15 June 2004 - 05:41 PM

anong year ang gusto mo balikan o puntahan?

#2 Anaheim

Anaheim

The Way of the Intercepting Fist - Using No Way as Way

• (11) Wyld
  • 5,588 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, bowling, table tennis, oil painting, computer games, traveling around the world, hollywood movies.

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:21 PM

gusto ko makita ang future between the years 3000 to 10,000. based on the theory of evolution the man's head of the future will be larger. may pilipinas pa kaya sa year 10,000? baka ang palit sa dolyar - 1 dollar equals to 10million pesos

Edited by Anaheim, 15 June 2004 - 07:21 PM.

#3 akhoum

akhoum

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Vodka... And a lotta lovin'!

Posted 15 June 2004 - 08:00 PM

The past... On how we came to be. <_<

#4 redace

redace

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 04:32 PM

wakekeke... the rise of the nazi??
That can be fun!! B)

#5 SanMigLight

SanMigLight

Slowly...Serenity Consumes Me.....

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts
  • Interests:ANYTHING THAT MAKES MY BRAIN WORK, JUST KEEP MY **** BUSY AND IM ALL YOURS BABY

Posted 20 June 2004 - 10:10 PM

well, is this really possible?
come to think of it.. could be nice pero its dangerous also.

ill go back to the time when FPJ was born.... and beat the S**t out of him.
kidding lang po.. PEACE

:)

#6 NeoTRIX

NeoTRIX

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and documentaries, surfing the web, reading Stephen King novels.

Posted 04 July 2004 - 10:55 AM

If I could, I'd go back and right all my mistakes and might have a perfect life. :P

On its possibility, yes it is... if we could move in all three dimensions. Why not in the fourth dimension?

Ciao!

#7 Switlass

Switlass

Back from the Real World

• Ambassador
  • 10,980 posts
  • Interests:Bi Girls.

Posted 04 July 2004 - 12:09 PM

well, is this really possible?
come to think of it.. could be nice pero its dangerous also.

ill go back to the time when FPJ was born.... and beat the S**t out of him.
kidding lang po.. PEACE

:)

haha.. intresting.. but why him? if your post is p[olitically motivated.. you'd be beating up the wrong man.. try Sotto or Angara :lol:

Hmm... If I could go back in time.. I'd love to be in England in the 1800's.. or Scotland in the 1100's.... haay... :blush:

#8 Guest_chunky_*

Guest_chunky_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2004 - 12:34 PM

Theoretically speaking, Time travel is both possible and impossible, using Einstein Theory of Relativity, E=mc2.

It is possible, because time slows down when speed approaches the speed of light, and if faster than light speed is achieved, we can travel backwards in time. Only one future time travel is possible, and that what's we're doing now.

It is impossible, since mass is converted to energy as it approaches the speed of light. This is irreversible. Matter can be converted to energy almost instantaneously, but converting energy to matter is a different story altogether. If an object achieved light speed, it has become light energy. Converting it back into matter will require "devolving" it, and that is a complicated process I can't even try to explain (nakalimutan ko na kung papaano, but it's still in my head somewhere).

Also, with those things considered, NOTHING travels faster than light.

Except probably, the speed of thought. (Think you're in Andromeda and you're there).

#9 bhooglees

bhooglees

ETO SAYO......

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts
  • Interests:0%

Posted 05 July 2004 - 02:17 AM

Theoretically speaking, Time travel is both possible and impossible, using Einstein Theory of Relativity, E=mc2.

It is possible, because time slows down when speed approaches the speed of light, and if faster than light speed is achieved, we can travel backwards in time. Only one future time travel is possible, and that what's we're doing now.

It is impossible, since mass is converted to energy as it approaches the speed of light. This is irreversible. Matter can be converted to energy almost instantaneously, but converting energy to matter is a different story altogether. If an object achieved light speed, it has become light energy. Converting it back into matter will require "devolving" it, and that is a complicated process I can't even try to explain (nakalimutan ko na kung papaano, but it's still in my head somewhere).

Also, with those things considered, NOTHING travels faster than light.

Except probably, the speed of thought. (Think you're in Andromeda and you're there).

yah i agree. i've read something about time travel. they say na pag nalampasan mo or mas mabilis pa yung travel mo sa speed of light, you'll break the time barrier. and that will eventually bring you back through time

#10 feel_the_heat

feel_the_heat

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:10 AM

Nazarene
Nov 21, 1002

Brothers in faith,

Some imaginative writers reduced time travel to science fiction. They forced you to imagine some sophisticated machines that could be calibrated to a date in the past or in the future, and send a traveler to a certain place at exactly that date.

I just couldn't comprehend how Nostradamus saw the future before writing down his famous quartets, and Levi H. Dowling in "reading" the akashic records that chronicled the whole life of Jesus the Christ, including his 17 lost years. They may have used the same principle, but no technological automations.

#11 Guest_chunky_*

Guest_chunky_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:41 PM

Nazarene
Nov 21, 1002

Brothers in faith,

Some imaginative writers reduced time travel to science fiction. They forced you to imagine some sophisticated machines that could be calibrated to a date in the past or in the future, and send a traveler to a certain place at exactly that date.

I just couldn't comprehend how Nostradamus saw the future before writing down his famous quartets, and Levi H. Dowling in "reading" the akashic records that chronicled the whole life of Jesus the Christ, including his 17 lost years. They may have used the same principle, but no technological automations.

I think this is what I meant by "the only thing faster than the speed of light is thought".

That's the only true time travel, <thinking you are there>, like how Christoper Reeve has done it "Somewhere in Time". But it takes a lot of practice, and it's results dubious at best.

As for Nostradamus, he didn't just "see" the future. He saw it in the eyes of people in that particular place and in that particular time.

#12 feel_the_heat

feel_the_heat

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 01:48 PM

Time, while measurable, and seemingly perceptible, would certainly be rendered flexible by the speed of light, and the speed of thought.

As one nears the speed of light, time progresses slowly (time travel to the future). As one travels at the speed of light, time stops. As one exceeds the speed of light (approximating the range of speed of thought), then time would proceed backward (time travel to the past).

Very disturbing.

E=MC2 C=D/T simple but mind-boggling formulas.

Hmmm.

Sa MTC na lang ako!

#13 menime

menime

Hottie

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 05:32 PM

Time, while measurable, and seemingly perceptible, would certainly be rendered flexible by the speed of light, and the speed of thought.

As one nears the speed of light, time progresses slowly (time travel to the future). As one travels at the speed of light, time stops. As one exceeds the speed of light (approximating the range of speed of thought), then time would proceed backward (time travel to the past).

Very disturbing.

E=MC2 C=D/T simple but mind-boggling formulas.

Hmmm.

Sa MTC na lang ako!

Time can only be measured because we exist, It is only based on our percetion, its because of this that I dont think time travel is possible
Our existence dictate time, ergo if there is no existence there will be no time, just a never ending void.

#14 ziggyzag

ziggyzag

-certified voyeur-

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 07:20 PM

pasali ako.. :D

the thing about time slowing down when one travels near to or equal the speed of light (this is around 300,000,000 km/sec) is what most science geeks call time dilation..

the explanation is something like, if one of two twins decides to leave earth and go on a space travel mission to a planet 10 light years away (w/c means 10 continuous years of travelling at the speed of light).. upon returning to earth, the one who left should theoretically be younger than the one who remained on earth..

that's why it's theoretically possible for one to travel to the future but not to the past.. :rolleyes:

para di ma-OT..

i love travellng back to the period of the roman empire.. nakaka-marvel kasi ang laki ng area na nasakop nila.. i wanna learn how the caesars did it.. :)

Edited by ziggyzag, 05 July 2004 - 07:21 PM.

#15 menime

menime

Hottie

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 08:11 PM

pasali ako.. :D

the thing about time slowing down when one travels near to or equal the speed of light (this is around 300,000,000 km/sec) is what most science geeks call time dilation..

the explanation is something like, if one of two twins decides to leave earth and go on a space travel mission to a planet 10 light years away (w/c means 10 continuous years of travelling at the speed of light).. upon returning to earth, the one who left should theoretically be younger than the one who remained on earth..

that's why it's theoretically possible for one to travel to the future but not to the past.. :rolleyes:

para di ma-OT..

i love travellng back to the period of the roman empire.. nakaka-marvel kasi ang laki ng area na nasakop nila.. i wanna learn how the caesars did it.. :)

exactly,

one cannot travel back towards the past...we can only leap towards the future
time travel thru time dilation is not even the kind of time travel as described in
sci-fi films...

I've read somewhere that Our physical manifestation wont be able to travel at the speed of light, we would only be able to achieve lightspeed if our entire mass is converted into pure energy.

My theory is that when our body assumes the form of pure energy, its is preserved in its basic form, it will remain in this form until its converted back into the tangible body that we are all aware of.

So even if we travel for years at the speed of light we wont age even for a day...
while the ones we left behind continue to grow older.
Thus bringing me to my first point that time travel is not possible because this is merely molecular level preservation.

#16 monmon

monmon

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 04:06 AM

gusto yun pinaka ok n year

#17 boy_kokok

boy_kokok

focker!

• (05) Regular
  • 9,042 posts
  • Interests:DRAG RACING...

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:41 AM

gusto yun pinaka ok n year

anong year yon? :unsure:

gusto ko balikan yung highschool days ko... pinaka da best! :cool:

#18 r3mu503

r3mu503

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 01:06 PM

Theoretically "time travel" would be possible by the following (conceptual) means:

Take two highly (we're talking mega-joules here) charged large plates positioned parallel to each other, now you attach one of the plates to your back, add a means of propulsion that can get you to insanely high speeds, and zip off into space at some high fraction of the speed of light. Now time dilation (proven) will require that time will progress more slowly for you (and your charged plate) as compared to the plate left back on earth. Worm hole theory (postulated but unproven) will postulate that a hole should open up between the two plates. Now after some time of travelling you jump into the hole at your end of the plate, and instantly emerge at the other end of the hole which is at the plate on earth. Voila! You've just gone "back" in time (well at least _it_appears_ that way because they've all aged more than you have). The catch is you can only go "back" (at most) to the time when the plates were first charged to form the worm hole.

Of course anybody can see this isn't "real" time travel (in the hollywood sense).

Now as for travelling faster than light and thus going "back in time", what you're actually just doing (assuming you could get up to that speed anyway - whole slew of reasons why you can't/shouldn't/wouldn't) is "catching up" to the photons carrying information of time periods which have already lapsed (a similar analogy would be our being able to look at a nearby galaxy and actually be watching events which occured millions of years in that galaxy's _past_). Now the key word here is "watching", you'll just be an observer. Could you interact with those photons you've caught up to? Hrmmm, interaction entails your atoms/quarks/what-have-you and the atoms/etc. of what you're interacting with to "exchange" strong/weak/EM forces (or actually the quanta that carry these forces). But since what you're actually observing as you zip along above the speed of light are the photons carrying the information of events passed... well... duh, I dunno :)

#19 raven4180

raven4180

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:06 PM

With the current theories and laws of Physics, time travel is impossible.

Think about the 3 Laws of Thermodynamics.
1 Mass-Energy can not be created or destroyed
2 Conservation of Mass-Energy
3 Entropy would increase as time goes forward.

Classic time travel would involve moving mass from the present and take it into the past or the future.

Time travel in the past would, in effect, destroy mass in the present and create mass in the past. Violates all three Laws of thermodynamics.

#20 r3mu503

r3mu503

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 01:46 PM

Hi raven,

Yes, that's true according to _classical_ physics, which is why in my post above I used special relativity's time dilation (psuedo-time travel) plus QM's worm home theory to postulate about whether time travel is possible. Note that the two theories I used deal with the very fast and the very small, both of which are probably not really applicable to the macro scale to which classical thermodynamics holds true for.

You might argue that to use the thermodynamic laws as an argument against time travel would require that you find a universal reference for what it is that you are calling the "present" (i.e. the argument about destroying mass in the present and creating it in the past), but special relativity would argue that each object has it's own reference to what is it's "present" (hence the argument that for me travelling at a high rate of speed, you are aging faster vis-a-vis my referential time-frame, or my "present"; whereas for you I'm aging slowly according to your time frame or "present").

Anyway, both possible methods I cited above do not even really give you time travel is the hollywood sense of the term. In the first case you're only going back to a time frame which has aged more slowly than yours, in the second you're only "catching" up to information which had emanated from your point of origin. Neither is "real" time travel in the sense of the movie (though the second method would allow you to watch the events which had already passed).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: theories, principles, branches

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users