I loved Ben Afflecks incarnation of Batman. In some ways I like it better than Christian Bale's. Now the naysayers can finally shut up. Ben is Batman and he is here to stay. Not to take anything away from Christian Bale, but I believe Ben is the more consumate Batman although Christian did star in the best Batman movies.

1. This Batman was more fun to watch in his fight scenes. There is a scene where he takes out an entire floor of thugs with assault rifles and the Nolan trilogy as good as the action scenes and stunts were, never got it to look this exhilirating. Here batman uses his acrobatic skills to leap, punch, kick, bodyslam guys all over the room. It had me at the edge of my seat. I was like..... "there! This is how batman should fight!". Come on, what fight scene in the Nolan trilogy was awesome at an easthetic point of view? I can understand Nolan wanted to make it as grounded as possible, but Snyder did deliver a better escapism

2. We got to see Ben Affleck's Batman as an acrobat and gymnast, a detective, an intimidator, a brute, and best of all a very intelligent resourceful superhero. Eveything Batman is in the comics. This is why though he has no superpowers, he easily outclasses other superheroes. I mean, Christian Bale's Batman walked inside the trap of Bane and got his ass handed to him very badly. I believe that Ben's version would easily dispose of Bane, considering he did take on a god in this one.

3. I loved him too as Bruce Wayne. When he is not wearing the cape and cowell he is like James Bond. He is very dapper, sophisticated, and suave. I liked that he did try to flirt with wonderwoman. And that he can actually be taken seriously as Christian Bales incarnation because he too is a tortured soul.

All in all! Way to go to revive your career Ben! From Gigli and that God awful daredevil, who would have thought youd deliver Argo and become the most badass batman to date

• Like (+1) 1

Superman in Batman v Superman is treated like the Hulk in the Avengers movie, nothing more than a plot device to make Batman shine as the movie is more on Batman, which I liked as Batman is the grand redeeming factor of the movie. Parang after thought nalang si Superman sa movie as everything Superman in the movie didn't make any sense.

Spoilert alert!?

Sana kung na-cut nalang yung Knightmare scenes at funeral resurrection scene at nilagay nalang yung kaka-release na deleted scene na "Communion" para mas may impact yung sinabi ni Lex kay Batman sa jail cell about Darkseid's appearance na mas ok sana kung ginawang after credits scene.

Superman in Batman v Superman is treated like the Hulk in the Avengers movie, nothing more than a plot device to make Batman shine as the movie is more on Batman, which I liked as Batman is the grand redeeming factor of the movie. Parang after thought nalang si Superman sa movie as everything Superman in the movie didn't make any sense.

Spoilert alert!?

Sana kung na-cut nalang yung Knightmare scenes at funeral resurrection scene at nilagay nalang yung kaka-release na deleted scene na "Communion" para mas may impact yung sinabi ni Lex kay Batman sa jail cell about Darkseid's appearance na mas ok sana kung ginawang after credits scene.

Yup...tapos isama na din nila yun appearances ng mga meta humans....kasalanan ng editing...kaya lumabas tuloy na alot is goin on...

Yeah the subplots of the movie were really poorly stitched together. It felt a bit rushed and gusto lang nila makipagsabayan sa the avengers.

I thought that we should have seen more of superman solo outings

Then reintroduce a new batman in a solo outing.

In fact, I would be sold on the idea of a new Batman movie starring Ben Affleck, and hopefully written and directed by Ben Affleck. Seeing what he did in the town and Argo, I bet it will be better than the Nolan trilogy

Yeah the subplots of the movie were really poorly stitched together. It felt a bit rushed and gusto lang nila makipagsabayan sa the avengers.

I thought that we should have seen more of superman solo outings

Then reintroduce a new batman in a solo outing.

In fact, I would be sold on the idea of a new Batman movie starring Ben Affleck, and hopefully written and directed by Ben Affleck. Seeing what he did in the town and Argo, I bet it will be better than the Nolan trilogy

agreed.. ito yung sinabi ko nung una pa lang na masyadong pilit at hilaw. Atat na atat kasing makipagsabayan sa marvel. Ok lang na mai sacricfice ang quality ng story basta mailabas ang "group movie". If not for Batman, this movie will be a total pain in the ass. They just banked on the popularity of the names of the two heroes.

^^^

Para sakin mas magaling na batman itong incarnation ni Ben Affleck. Sya itong pinakamalapit na sa comics. I even liked him as Bruce Wayne kasi para syang si James Bond pag hindi nakabatman costume.

I mean to take nothing from Bale, undoubetdly he starred in the better batman films no arguing about that. But was he necessarily the more fun Batman? Well ok magagaling yun stunts dun sa dark knight trilogy lalo yun kinuha si Lao. Pero mas astig yun fight scenes ni Ben Affleck. I understand though that as Nolan said it himself, he never wanted a fight scene that looked like a dance. His vision was to keep it as grounded as possible. His batman existed in a world where there are no such things as superpower. And I love the films kaso this made me realize that Nolan's Batman and even yun Kay Tim Burton at Joel Schumacker were not really superhero Batmans. Come on, let as admit that.

In the comics and animated series, you understand that Batman will always figure out a way to outclass other superheroes with superpowers using his detective skills, ingenuity, and his brain most of all. I think Ben's Batman would have easily kicked Bane's ass. While Bale? Well he did walk into a trap easily. And yes in that fight he was using some of his toys ocassionaly to no effect, and relied mostly on brute strength to beat bane which he will naturally lose since Bane was a physical monster. Bakit kasi nung laban na yun hindi ginamit yun tranquilizer darts? Ben's batman would have probably aimed for Bane's mast and Bale did in the rematch, but come on, nasira lang yun by accident.

^^^

Para sakin mas magaling na batman itong incarnation ni Ben Affleck. Sya itong pinakamalapit na sa comics. I even liked him as Bruce Wayne kasi para syang si James Bond pag hindi nakabatman costume.

I mean to take nothing from Bale, undoubetdly he starred in the better batman films no arguing about that. But was he necessarily the more fun Batman? Well ok magagaling yun stunts dun sa dark knight trilogy lalo yun kinuha si Lao. Pero mas astig yun fight scenes ni Ben Affleck. I understand though that as Nolan said it himself, he never wanted a fight scene that looked like a dance. His vision was to keep it as grounded as possible. His batman existed in a world where there are no such things as superpower. And I love the films kaso this made me realize that Nolan's Batman and even yun Kay Tim Burton at Joel Schumacker were not really superhero Batmans. Come on, let as admit that.

In the comics and animated series, you understand that Batman will always figure out a way to outclass other superheroes with superpowers using his detective skills, ingenuity, and his brain most of all. I think Ben's Batman would have easily kicked Bane's ass. While Bale? Well he did walk into a trap easily. And yes in that fight he was using some of his toys ocassionaly to no effect, and relied mostly on brute strength to beat bane which he will naturally lose since Bane was a physical monster. Bakit kasi nung laban na yun hindi ginamit yun tranquilizer darts? Ben's batman would have probably aimed for Bane's mast and Bale did in the rematch, but come on, nasira lang yun by accident.

Cmon man....if ben afflecks went one on one with bales batman....ben would win hands down...hed kick bales batman ass so good that bale would retire as batman completely...lol...even bens butler(jeremy irons) would kick bales butler if ever...heck who would even want to mess with someone named irons? :) in fairness i love michael caine too...now if only ben has bales batmobile The Tumbler...

Now regarding bruce wayne...if you're wonder woman...who would you go out with bens wayne or bales wayne? Right? No contest din..

When they casted ben affleck as batman...im one of those geeks who was very against that idea...now im eating all my words...sobrang bundat ko na lol

• Like (+1) 1

^^^

Warning spoilers ahead.

Yep that is what I said. Batfleck would easily kick Bane's ass. He did kick superman's ass! What I like in that fight is that hindi naman Chamba yun panalo ni Batman ni Batman. Inutakan nya talaga. Inaral mabuti kalaban nya, nagtraining ng husto, at talagang pinaghandaan. If this Batman fought Bane, si Bane yun mahuhulog sa patibong ni Batman. Hindi nya lalabanan gamit ng braso lang. Hahanapin nya kahinaan nito, tapos dun nya titirahin. I.e. he'd come up with a Gadget siguro that will dismantle Bane's mask

And again TDKR is a good movie as far as a movie goes..... BUT! That Batman was reckless. First he was just so easy to trust that is why he was setup. Seriously? You'd trust a thief and you wont even watch your back doing it? Didn't that chick just break in to your house, stole your mother's pearl, Stole your car, even stole your fingerprints that is why you got bankrupt? At magtitiwala ka kaagad na di ka nyan papahamak? Then Alfred reminds Bruce about the Physical Superiorty that Bane has over him. How does Bruce answer? Ill fight harder? I always do. Tapos me injuries pa sya going into the fight. Hindi inaral mabuti sino kakalabanin. Ni hindi nalaman na kahit gadgets na ginamit nya mali mali din. Dapat yun tranquilizer darts ginamit nya sa laban na yun.

And yeah I loved that Battfleck was flirting with Wonderwoman. That is what Bruce would definitely do. Sabi ko nga, para lang syang si James Bond pag di nakacostume.

• Like (+1) 1

Nice to see dante and en sabah nur drop by this thread once in awhile....chill time here compared to that politics thread :)

Para nde OT...watched BvS again with my date...and even she was entertained...dami nga lang tanong....she wouldnt believed that the long haired guy caught by luthors cam underwater was aquaman lol....not the blonde orange and green outfit wearing aquaman....:)

Nice to see dante and en sabah nur drop by this thread once in awhile....chill time here compared to that politics thread :)

Para nde OT...watched BvS again with my date...and even she was entertained...dami nga lang tanong....she wouldnt believed that the long haired guy caught by luthors cam underwater was aquaman lol....not the blonde orange and green outfit wearing aquaman....:)

I am a fan of the Batman. Hehe. I think this movie is a precursor to the "Justice League" movie.

Spoiler Alert.

Yes. Justice League Part 1 is said to be released on 2017 and Part 2 on 2018.

I hope they will battle Darkseid.

During the Desert Bat dream scene Darkseid's logo is shown on the ground.

Darkseid's invasion of Earth should be an Epic movie. But, I am just guessing.

The DC cinematic universe has a very very sloppy build up. So sloppy that the idea for a justice league movie just feels too forced. Studios wanting to ride the wave of comic-book-shared-universe gimmik to make money, not actually thinking if they are doing the source material justice.

I feel that they really really need to take their time. Focus on actually making good movies about each superhero they wanna feature in the upcoming JL movie. Tease the fans, test the waters a bit. Remember that it also took time before we were treated with the avengers movie. It all really started with a good iron-man movie, followed by a redeeming hulk movie, then lumabas na yun captain america, thor etc. All of these heroes had solo outings that the fans loved. Kaya putting them all together in one film was a huge reward.

For DC characters ano na ba meron? Let's see

Green Lantern- Fail!

Superman- IMO yes it is indeed a very up-to-date take on the Man of Steel, Henry Cavill is OK I guess, but he needs more solo outings

Batman- The most badass of all DC heroes that appeared onscreen (I am talking about Batfleck) but unfortunately he hasn't starred in the better batman movie.

Wonderwoman - Yes! I loved the new take on her. Im glad the costume dindn't look as cheesey as in the comics, and I am looking forward to her solo movie

AquaMan- I also like this incarnation? Jason Momoa? Instead of doning the orange and green suit, he has tatoos for scales? Hey Id buy that

All in all, it has so much potential, but producers need to keep building the foundation of the universe first

• Like (+1) 1

The DC cinematic universe has a very very sloppy build up. So sloppy that the idea for a justice league movie just feels too forced. Studios wanting to ride the wave of comic-book-shared-universe gimmik to make money, not actually thinking if they are doing the source material justice.

I feel that they really really need to take their time. Focus on actually making good movies about each superhero they wanna feature in the upcoming JL movie. Tease the fans, test the waters a bit. Remember that it also took time before we were treated with the avengers movie. It all really started with a good iron-man movie, followed by a redeeming hulk movie, then lumabas na yun captain america, thor etc. All of these heroes had solo outings that the fans loved. Kaya putting them all together in one film was a huge reward.

For DC characters ano na ba meron? Let's see

Green Lantern- Fail!

Superman- IMO yes it is indeed a very up-to-date take on the Man of Steel, Henry Cavill is OK I guess, but he needs more solo outings

Batman- The most badass of all DC heroes that appeared onscreen (I am talking about Batfleck) but unfortunately he hasn't starred in the better batman movie.

Wonderwoman - Yes! I loved the new take on her. Im glad the costume dindn't look as cheesey as in the comics, and I am looking forward to her solo movie

AquaMan- I also like this incarnation? Jason Momoa? Instead of doning the orange and green suit, he has tatoos for scales? Hey Id buy that

All in all, it has so much potential, but producers need to keep building the foundation of the universe first

You forgot about flash and suicide squad...i dont know how theyd shoehorn a squad of supervillains goin into a justice league movie tho...

But after watching BvS again...im more inclined to believe that its not MoS part two and not entirely a batman film( he did stole the show)...but more of a prequel to a justice league movie...maybe thats why it feels so forced...also we got used to marvels style of introducing one hero at a time..wherein the said hero got a lot more screen time for characterization and story.....im worried since i read that the JL movie will be out by 2017...will it be another half baked undertaking by snyder and co?...maybe youre right that they should test the water first...but then again they did with green lantern...and we all know how that went...heres hoping the next WB super hero movies...wonder woman and aquaman would perform well...

@ mason.....i think the roughly equivalent villain for darkseid should be thanos....both egomaniacs, world and universe conquering evil cosmic being...id say apocalyspe equivalent will be Ras al Ghul...both with survival of the fittest agenda....

Edited by azraelmd

I didn't know that Ras Al Ghul had that mentality. I just know him as the mentor of Bruce Wayne and one of the members of "The Light" which I don't think has any equal in the Marvel Universe.

Yep...he is the leader of the league of assasins...and his mantra is also survival of the fiitest....thats why he wanted the detectiive to be his son in law....to be the leader of his league of assasins...Ras even has a grandson now from the detective...the DC cinematic universe Ras al Ghul is a bit different with arrows Ras al ghul and the comic version of Ras Al Ghul...

• 2 weeks later...

there is a new suicide squad trailer shown at the MTV Movie Awards today

it can be seen here ---> http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/10/11358024/suicide-squad-trailer-mtv-movie-awards

Due to the effects of the big drop on ticket sales of BvS, the producers decided to do this:

"Suicide Squad hits theaters on August 5th. According to reports, the movie is currentlyundergoing reshoots to make it have a slightly lighter, more comedic tone."

- seems DC/WB will veer away slowly on its darker tones CONSIDERING this is A VILLAIN movie.

They maybe learned it from the MCU. lol

Edited by daphne loves derby

and then it happened (as expected)

Ben Affleck Confirmed to Direct Standalone Batman Movie

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/ben-affleck-confirmed-standalone-batman-movie-001118180.html

A standalone Batman movie starring and directed by Ben Affleck is officially in the works, Warner Bros. chief Kevin Tsujihara confirmed Tuesday at CinemaCon.

It was reported in July 2015 that Affleck was in talks to star and direct, but Tuesday’s announcement marks the first official confirmation of his involvement. Affleck made his debut as the Caped Crusader in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” which bowed March 25.

Tsujihara first mentioned Affleck when he took the CinemaCon stage in Las Vegas, saying that the studio was excited to be moving forward on the standalone Batman film with the actor and filmmaker.

Tsujihara said the studio has committed to 10 DC films — most of which have already been announced — within the next five years, then named every movie along with their director, including Batman with Affleck.

Warner Bros. confirmed that Affleck would be directing the movie later on Tuesday in a press release.

Affleck took the stage later, along with his “Batman v Superman” co-star Amy Adams. He did not, however, go into further details on the standalone Batman movie.

Despite its massive $166.1 million opening weekend — the seventh-biggest of all time — the box office receipts for “Batman v Superman” look like something of a disappointment for Warners. It’s doubtful that the movie will reach the coveted $1 billion worldwide mark.

Warner Bros. had already planned a sprawling slate of movies in the DC universe through 2020, with “Suicide Squad” on deck. Also planned are “Wonder Woman”; “Justice League” Part One and Two, which will see Affleck reprise his role; “Aquaman”; “Cyborg”; and “The Flash.”

Edited by daphne loves derby
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hyped ako sa Suicide Squad! BTW may preview na pala ng flash suit sa BvsS dawn of justice. Anyone watching the arrowverse version ng the flash? Start tayo topic? Buong arrowverse. Hahaha.

I'm a fan of the Flash TV series. Arrow, I stopped watching after season 1.

In DCEU news, Geoff Johns is also now a producer for the Justice League movies.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/18/warner-bros-shakeup-sees-geoff-johns-assume-key-dc-movies-role

• 2 weeks later...

Supergirl came into the scene. Didn't live up to the hype.

Flash is good. Emo 1st season but nag ok naman sa second.

Arrow I dunno where to put it ahhaha

Legends of Tomorrow di ko pa napapanood..

BvS was too convoluted but it was nice.

Suicide squad.. lots of hype. Sana ndi disappointing.

Will there ever be a standalone Aquaman movie?

WW coming up din pala... ok si Gal, keri nya yung appeal kahit lagi sya nacocompare kay Lynda Carter

• 2 weeks later...