I think Isko realized that Lim has no intention of retiring. And Lim is actually mismanaging the city -- that would be bad for Isko's future to be further associated with Lim.

Lim left the City Hall bankrupt and with no vision for urban renewal.

Erap inherited the result of Lim's financial mismanagement and lack of vision. He can barely cope with the deterioration caused by his predecessor and yet is now too frail to run the day-to-day management of the city.

It's time to turn the city over to a younger, more energetic leader.

So far, Isko is the only one who steps up to the plate. He's the only logical choice for Manila citizens.

Running a city it's not just about energy and youth. The candidate has to have a vision and, so far, I don't see the visionary in Domagoso. He was tasked once to be the traffic czar of Manila and in his tenure, I did not see any improvement.

Running a city it's not just about energy and youth. The candidate has to have a vision and, so far, I don't see the visionary in Domagoso. He was tasked once to be the traffic czar of Manila and in his tenure, I did not see any improvement.

Is there any other better choice as alternative to the two old goats?

I would like to see ex-Mayor Atienza.

He has vision. But he's not in the race.

Edited by camiar

Is there any other better choice as alternative to the two old goats?

I would like to see ex-Mayor Atienza.

He has vision. But he's not in the race.

Unfortunately, there isn't. Atienza actually was a good mayor. He beautified the city and he was strict in traffic policies. I remember I got towed because I wasn't in a designated slot on the road. That man had a vision for the city. He also made income-generating projects like the kiosks along Roxas Boulevard fronting Manila Bay but Lim had them dispatched.

Edited by will robie

Unfortunately, there isn't. Atienza actually was a good mayor. He beautified the city and he was strict in traffic policies. I remember I got towed because I wasn't in a designated slot on the road. That man had a vision for the city. He also made income-generating projects like the kiosks along Roxas Boulevard fronting Manila Bay but Lim had them dispatched.

Yes. I was happy to see his urban renewal projects in Avenida Rizal and his tourism development on the Baywalk.

All his projects were destroyed by Alfredo Lim. Now Manila is back to the old blighted ghetto image that Erap cannot undo.

Atienza said he will support the "least evil" mayoral candidate.

I would guess it would be Isko Moreno.

Edited by camiar

Yes. I was happy to see his urban renewal projects in Avenida Rizal and his tourism development on the Baywalk.

All his projects were destroyed by Alfredo Lim. Now Manila is back to the old blighted ghetto image that Erap cannot undo.

Atienza said he will support the "least evil" mayoral candidate.

I would guess it would be Isko Moreno.

That's the problem when politicians have a vendetta towards their rivals. The constituents suffer. In Makati, there is no such problem as the Binays seem to have a perpetual stranglehold in Makati politics. Also, I heard that Abby is as clean as they can get, something which the brother isn't since he has cases against him.

Edited by will robie

That's the problem when politicians have a vendetta towards their rivals. The constituents suffer. In Makati, there is no such problem as the Binays seem to have a perpetual stranglehold in Makati politics. Also, I heard that Abby is as clean as they can get, something which the brother isn't since he has cases against him.

Many of the councilors turned their backs on Abby because of her impersonal management style. They were used to the personal charisma style of Junjun.

But we, the Makati citizens felt the effectiveness of Abby's management style. More projects are implemented. Services are delivered more efficiently. Even our garbage collection trucks are now new automated compactor types compared to the big smelly open dump trucks in the past..

The latest survey puts her way ahead of Junjun -- 71% for Abby vs. 21% for Junjun.

For Congress:

Makati District 1 has Jejomar leading at 66% vs. Kid Pena 's 30%.

Makati District 2 has Abby's husband Campos leading at 78% vs. King Yabut's 17%.

Makati voters know effective governance and they respond positively to it.

Like the people of Ilocos, they too respond well to the Marcos brand of effective governance.

Edited by camiar

Wala na pagbabago sa Pinas kahit sino pa iyan. Kumuha lang kayo ng experience at magmigrate na. Ano future ng anak niyo rito? Kumusta heathcare system? Traffic sobra at marami pang iba.

Sige, balik ka na sa Australia. Parang langit ang buhay doon. Wala ka nang pag-asa o kinabukasan dito sa Pilipinas. Di mo kakayaning mabuhay dito.

Edited by camiar

I would pick Isko rather than an a plunderer Erap.. My goodness.. Napakadumi ng maynila.. Can you imagine ito ang Capital ng Pilipinas tapos napakadugyot..

Hindi yata nila alam na may "Kasunduan" si erap at Isko about sa pagiging mayor ng manila. Guess what ERAP did? Tumakbo na MAYOR at nanalo pa din. Sino sa kanila ang may palabra de honor? Sa politika itapon mo na ang usapan. Ang mahalaga eh nasa pwesto ka.

Erap left San Juan to make way for his family to gain political control after him. Now he's trying his best to extend the control of the Estrada Clan in Manila. May nagawa ba ang kanilang BUTIHING Mayor? Meron naman, Kalat sa manila ang KULAY ni ERAP. Kalat din sa Manila City hall ang mga vendors na pakalat kalat. Isama mo pa sa divisoria. Kamusta ang pagiging organisado ng mga tao dun? Tinapon na. Iba talaga ang dating ng NAME RECALL. Kahit wala kang KWENTA na mamuno basta NAALALA ka eh SUREBOL MANANALO KA.

My take on this...

as long as voters are stupid, undisciplined, and greed for money is always there, our country, how much beautiful are resources are, will never be better.

Peace! ✌

actually thats one of what i consider as a "con" in a democracy, its like the quote i read somewhere, that "democracy is nothing more than a mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%

actually thats one of what i consider as a "con" in a democracy, its like the quote i read somewhere, that "democracy is nothing more than a mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%

Ang downside ng democracy eh hindi natin alam kung may kakayahan ang pipiliin natin. Ipagkakatiwala mo ba ang magpalipad ng eroplano sa kapitan ng barko?

paano tayo makaka-sigurado na mapapatakbo ng isang tao ang bansa na ito kung ang BASIC requirements lang sa pagiging presidente eh MAS MADALI pa sa REQUIREMENTS ng mga nagtatrabaho sa MALL?

I'm not sure but is Atienza supporting Isko for the upcoming election?

Nice read below article

https://www.bworldonline.com/isko-moreno-the-man-with-the-plan/

Isko Moreno: The Man with the Plan Numbers Don’t Lie

By Andrew J. Masigan

The city of Manila has lost its competitiveness and is drowning in its own poverty. This is why the next mayoral elections is critical to its very survival.

Running for Mayor are 90-year-old Alfredo Lim who served as Mayor from 1992 to 1995 and again from 2007 to 2010; 87-year-old Joseph Estrada who has been the incumbent since 2013; and 47-year-old Isko Moreno who served as city councilor for three terms and Vice Mayor also for three terms until 2016.

We all have a stake in this mayoral race as Manila is the capital of the nation and its face to the world.

I'm not sure but is Atienza supporting Isko for the upcoming election?

Nice read below article

https://www.bworldonline.com/isko-moreno-the-man-with-the-plan/

Isko Moreno: The Man with the Plan Numbers Don’t Lie

By Andrew J. Masigan

The city of Manila has lost its competitiveness and is drowning in its own poverty. This is why the next mayoral elections is critical to its very survival.

Running for Mayor are 90-year-old Alfredo Lim who served as Mayor from 1992 to 1995 and again from 2007 to 2010; 87-year-old Joseph Estrada who has been the incumbent since 2013; and 47-year-old Isko Moreno who served as city councilor for three terms and Vice Mayor also for three terms until 2016.

We all have a stake in this mayoral race as Manila is the capital of the nation and its face to the world.

The article you linked describes the true situation of Manila.

Lim practically destroyed the city with his gross ineptness in city management.

Estrada was moving in the right direction but he's too frail to follow through with his plans.

Isko has the plans for urban renewal. He is younger. If he wins, he will inherit a city that just raised their taxes 300%. That would be a good kickstart to get the ball rolling.

Edited by camiar

The article you linked describes the true situation of Manila.

Lim practically destroyed the city with his gross ineptness in city management.

Estrada was moving in the right direction but he's too frail to follow through with his plans.

Isko has the plans for urban renewal. He is younger. If he wins, he will inherit a city that just raised their taxes 300%. That would be a good kickstart to get the ball rolling.

Erap just raised land and business taxes for a year or two and lowered it after paying the obligations.

Based on the article, Moreno has an ambitious vision for Manila but it would require raising land and business taxes. I have nothing against Domagoso. It's just that he was once appointed as the traffic czar of Manila and he failed miserably at it, in my opinion. If he can't do a good job at that, what more with making Manila progressive? I'd really like to believe his grand plans for Manila but I witnessed a plan which he spearheaded and it didn't go well so I have my doubts about him taking Manila from the doldrums to its old splendor and glory.

Lito Atienza would have been a good choice as I saw him do things little by little to make Manila progressive but it was cut short by Fred Lim.

Edited by will robie

Erap just raised land and business taxes for a year or two and lowered it after paying the obligations.

Based on the article, Moreno has an ambitious vision for Manila but it would require raising land and business taxes. I have nothing against Domagoso. It's just that he was once appointed as the traffic czar of Manila and he failed miserably at it, in my opinion. If he can't do a good job at that, what more with making Manila progressive? I'd really like to believe his grand plans for Manila but I witnessed a plan which he spearheaded and it didn't go well so I have my doubts about him taking Manila from the doldrums to its old splendor and glory.

Lito Atienza would have been a good choice as I saw him do things little by little to make Manila progressive but it was cut short by Fred Lim.

You should not fault Isko for not being able to solve the traffic problem in Manila. No single person can solve it.

It's a country-wide infrastructure and transport system development policy problem. It has to be tackled by the National government.The problem is whatever progress GMA & Bayani Fernando did during their term was undone and reversed by BS Aquino's/Mar Roxas' inept government

If you can't give Isko the benefit of the doubt, neither would it be fair to consider Alfredo Lim and Erap Estrada. As the article said, re-electing either Lim or Erap is like eating again you own vomit.

Edited by camiar

You should not fault Isko for not being able to solve the traffic problem in Manila. No single person can solve it.

It's a country-wide infrastructure and transport system development policy problem. It has to be tackled by the National government.The problem is whatever progress GMA & Bayani Fernando did during their term was undone and reversed by BS Aquino's/Mar Roxas' inept government

If you can't give Isko the benefit of the doubt, neither would it be fair to consider Alfredo Lim and Erap Estrada. As the article said, re-electing either Lim or Erap is like eating again you own vomit.

Regarding no single person can solve the traffic problem in Manila, I got your point but he did not improve traffic in the city. I wouldn't mind if he did improve the traffic. The MTPB is not as feared and respected as the MAPSA. In Makati, motorists are wary. In Manila, sidecars can counterflow on the highways. Domagoso is no longer the traffic czar in Manila and the traffic, in my opinion, improved.

As for voting for Erap or Fred, I won't vote for either of them. Regarding Domagoso, I am still thinking about it. I voted for him once or twice but got turned off when he didn't do his job well as traffic czar. He could be the next Bistek Bautista and I hate how he turned out as QC mayor. I once thought of Bautista as an idealistic politician who had a vision for QC. Unfortunately, he is pro-squatter and not pro-QC. I know of a couple of QC residents who told me so.

Edited by will robie

...He could be the next Bistek Bautista and I hate how he turned out as QC mayor. I once thought of Bautista as an idealistic politician who had a vision for QC. Unfortunately, he is pro-squatter and not pro-QC. I know of a couple of QC residents who told me so.

The squatter problem in QC started in a major way during the time of Jun Simon, the tailor (Simon's Tailoring and Haberdashery). He was appointed in 1988 Mayor by Interior Secretary Nene Pimentel during Cory's revolutionary government. Why Pimentel appointed a tailor to be Mayor of the country's biggest city is beyond me. Maybe Nene was Simon's very satisfied customer.

Simon was reportedly responsible for bringing in squatters to occupy the open lots, particularly in government lands around the Quezon circle area. Talks was that he did this to increase his voter's base to secure his re-election bid. He lost, anyway. But the squatters got a major foothold in QC.

I don't know if Bistek is pro-squatter. He was the one who signed the anti-squatting law in QC.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/564519/qc-mayor-signs-city-law-to-stop-squatting

Edited by camiar

Regarding no single person can solve the traffic problem in Manila, I got your point but he did not improve traffic in the city. I wouldn't mind if he did improve the traffic. The MTPB is not as feared and respected as the MAPSA. In Makati, motorists are wary. In Manila, sidecars can counterflow on the highways. Domagoso is no longer the traffic czar in Manila and the traffic, in my opinion, improved.

Isko's appointment as Manila's traffic czar was an impossible job. The major cause of traffic in Manila are the trucks going to Manila Harbor. The City of Manila has no authority over Manila Harbor, which is a National Government Facility. therefore the city's traffic problem is a national issue and should be solved by the National Government.

When he resigned as the traffic czar to run for Senate, you said the traffic later improved. It should. That was when all domestic cargo shipping was transferred to Batangas. It reduced by a large number the volume of cargo trucks plying Manila roads. That was a National Government policy alleviating traffic problems of the city.

Once the government acquires the balls to ban illegal parking along city side streets and impose a no-garage-no-car policy, only then will the traffic problem in Manila and any other city would see any improvement. As for me, I avoid driving to Manila like a plague.

Edited by camiar

The squatter problem in QC started in a major way during the time of Jun Simon, the tailor (Simon's Tailoring and Haberdashery). He was appointed in 1988 Mayor by Interior Secretary Nene Pimentel during Cory's revolutionary government. Why Pimentel appointed a tailor to be Mayor of the country's biggest city is beyond me. Maybe Nene was Simon's very satisfied customer.

Simon was reportedly responsible for bringing in squatters to occupy the open lots, particularly in government lands around the Quezon circle area. Talks was that he did this to increase his voter's base to secure his re-election bid. He lost, anyway. But the squatters got a major foothold in QC.

I don't know if Bistek is pro-squatter. He was the one who signed the anti-squatting law in QC.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/564519/qc-mayor-signs-city-law-to-stop-squatting

He just signed it this year but prior to that he was pro-squatter. It remains to be seen if this city law will be strictly enforced. Moreover, he has been mayor since 2010. He had all the time in the world to enact this law. Why only now?

Edited by will robie

Isko's appointment as Manila's traffic czar was an impossible job. The major cause of traffic in Manila are the trucks going to Manila Harbor. The City of Manila has no authority over Manila Harbor, which is a National Government Facility. therefore the city's traffic problem is a national issue and should be solved by the National Government.

When he resigned as the traffic czar to run for Senate, you said the traffic later improved. It should. That was when all domestic cargo shipping was transferred to Batangas. It reduced by a large number the volume of cargo trucks plying Manila roads. That was a National Government policy alleviating traffic problems of the city.

Once the government acquires the balls to ban illegal parking along city side streets and impose a no-garage-no-car policy, only then will the traffic problem in Manila and any other city would see any improvement. As for me, I avoid driving to Manila like a plague.

Believe me, the volume of trucks traversing Manila's roads did not lessen that much as to improve the traffic even if the domestic cargo shipping was transferred to Batangas. The improvement was due to better roads when some major roads in Manila like UN were fixed. I am for banning parking on city roads, minor or major. The San Andres area and Malate areas are notorious for having cars parked there at any time of the day.

I think Cassie Sison would make a good mayor. However, I am not sure if he wants to step up to the plate.

Edited by will robie

He just signed it this year but prior to that he was pro-squatter. It remains to be seen if this city law will be strictly enforced. Moreover, he has been mayor since 2010. He had all the time in the world to enact this law. Why only now?

Check the dateline of the news article.

He signed it in 2014.

Believe me, the volume of trucks traversing Manila's roads did not lessen that much as to improve the traffic even if the domestic cargo shipping was transferred to Batangas. The improvement was due to better roads when some major roads in Manila like UN were fixed. I am for banning parking on city roads, minor or major. The San Andres area and Malate areas are notorious for having cars parked there at any time of the day.

I think Cassie Sison would make a good mayor. However, I am not sure if he wants to step up to the plate.

If the improvement came after 2016, then you have to thank Diokno for expediting the release of national funds the for roadworks.

City of manila couldn't have done it because it was almost bankrupt while Isko was traffic czar.

I don't know who Cassie Sison is, but right now you only have the two old goats and Isko to choose from. All the other candidates are jokers.

I don't like Isko. And I heard that he owns the wreckers that was tapped to do towing within the city kapag may clearing ops.

I don't know if that's true. But the number of wreckers to tow illegally parked vehicles in Manila was never enough.

If it's true, shouldn't you be happy that somebody like him would invest on equipment to help the bankrupt city government solve its traffic problems?