111 replies to this topic

#41 Retz

Retz

God of Lust

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,038 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:33 PM

may nabasa ako ung brake pedal and gas pedal ng Montero halos magka level lang kumpara sa Fortuner na mas elevated ang brake pedal. 

#42 red60

red60

Seducer

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:57 AM

I own a Montero. At first I got worried when ABS showed the video. Apparently it was only partial. If you watch the entire video you'll eventually conclude it was really human error. 

#43 Pluralpenguin

Pluralpenguin

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:35 AM

Definitely human error. There may be a design flaw, but until driverless cars become the standard, the handling of the car is still the responsibility of the driver.

#44 BennyChang

BennyChang

Cutie

• BANNED
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:47 AM

Sa mga montero owners na nagsasabing walang Sudden Acceleration sasakyan nila, i believe you. Sa mga hundreds and counting na Montero owners na nagsasabing may Sudden Acceleration sasakyan nila dahil naexperience na nila, i believe you too. Now its up to us kung worth the risk bumili o gumamit ng Mitsubishi Montero.

#45 Retz

Retz

God of Lust

• (11) Wyld
  • 7,038 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:53 AM

Sa SM Rosario nagmukhang monster truck ang Montero. hehe 

#46 BennyChang

BennyChang

Cutie

• BANNED
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:14 AM

Definitely human error. There may be a design flaw, but until driverless cars become the standard, the handling of the car is still the responsibility of the driver.

If there is a design flaw then definitely its not human driver's error. We can not conclude that all these serial fatal accidents are the results of erroneous or inexperienced drivers. Series na ito. Kung sa US yan, suspended or recall agad ang Montero sa kalye pending investigation. Dito sa atin, panay defend pa ng Mitsubishi management. One thing is certain, u can not ignore the fact na sobrang dami na ng ganitong incidents. There maybe some truth to the claim.

Edited by bigbert23, 11 December 2015 - 09:16 AM.

#47 Retz

Retz

God of Lust

• (11) Wyld
  • 7,038 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:00 PM

If there is a design flaw then definitely its not human driver's error. We can not conclude that all these serial fatal accidents are the results of erroneous or inexperienced drivers. Series na ito. Kung sa US yan, suspended or recall agad ang Montero sa kalye pending investigation. Dito sa atin, panay defend pa ng Mitsubishi management. One thing is certain, u can not ignore the fact na sobrang dami na ng ganitong incidents. There maybe some truth to the claim.

Sa US nga walang montero dahil unsafe daw ito. 

#48 Mark Santos

Mark Santos

Bizman

• Prime Mover
  • 10,562 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:05 AM

Let the bad press push down the price further. :-)

#49 saliko

saliko

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:32 AM

U guys noticed? Karamihan sa mga na "sua" e matanda na? :)

Edited by saliko, 12 December 2015 - 11:32 AM.

• khantan likes this

#50 noyzky7

noyzky7

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:Electronics Gadgets, Computer, 4x4 suv, e-Books.

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:25 AM

This car is one shiit of crap..

#51 lanch

lanch

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:40 PM

This car is one shiit of crap..

Ano daw?

#52 mountainclimber143

mountainclimber143

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:59 PM

i own a Kia 02 sportage automatic. I experienced a similar SUA - basta bigla na lang mag accelerate ang sasakyan habang nag da drive ako...but in those 2 occassions functional ang brakes..kaso mamatay ang makina..SCARY MOMENTS as in scary.

the culprit was...probably.. due to wear&tear... nag defective na ang aking Throttle Position Sensor (TPS).

Solution was... ni replace ang electronicky na ignition pump at pinalitan ng surplus na basic(mechanical) ignition pump..transforming a acceleration-by electronic wire to now acceleration by cable direct to ignition pump.

#53 6666

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:25 AM

i own a Kia 02 sportage automatic. I experienced a similar SUA - basta bigla na lang mag accelerate ang sasakyan habang nag da drive ako...but in those 2 occassions functional ang brakes..kaso mamatay ang makina..SCARY MOMENTS as in scary.

the culprit was...probably.. due to wear&tear... nag defective na ang aking Throttle Position Sensor (TPS).

Solution was... ni replace ang electronicky na ignition pump at pinalitan ng surplus na basic(mechanical) ignition pump..transforming a acceleration-by electronic wire to now acceleration by cable direct to ignition pump.

Same item replaced in my friend's Monty. TPS. When he experienced SUA. Fortunately, no one got hurt.

#54 Magaling

Magaling

Ang Kampeon

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:41 AM

Marami rin matatanda na may Fortuner.  Bakit walang isyung ganito against Fortuner?  

Which leads me to the bigger question.   If this is human error, why is it that this issue is raised only against the Montero.  If say 10% of the drivers are really dumb, it is highly unlikely that all of the 10% are driving ONLY Monteros and no other model or type of vehicle.  Yet, there doesn't seem to be a lot of SUA cases against the other models except the Montero.   Bakit sa Montero lang may isyung ganito?

I am not prepared to take Mitubishi's word for it 100%.   Since consumer rights and protection in the Philippines are very weak, of course, the first reaction would be to deny there's a problem.   Even the "palusot" that other Monteros in other countries do not experience SUA is not totally acceptable.  We don't know for a fact that the ECUs, the braking  systems and other parts of the Philippine models came from the same suppliers as those from other countries. 

Unfortunately, because we have weak consumer protection laws and is a third world country at the mercy of big corporations, all that Mitsubishi has to do is to deny there's a problem, hire a few "experts" to speak on its behalf, dare the complainants who have no technical capability to prove that the product is defective and then  "remind" the government that anything close to a "recall" might force the company to close its factory in Laguna. 

Onli in da Pilipins.

• khantan likes this

#55 bods1000

bods1000

garagiste....

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 12,442 posts
  • Interests:music, travel lit, anything cerebral but i also get down and dirty.

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:13 PM

Marami rin matatanda na may Fortuner.  Bakit walang isyung ganito against Fortuner?  

Which leads me to the bigger question.   If this is human error, why is it that this issue is raised only against the Montero.  If say 10% of the drivers are really dumb, it is highly unlikely that all of the 10% are driving ONLY Monteros and no other model or type of vehicle.  Yet, there doesn't seem to be a lot of SUA cases against the other models except the Montero.   Bakit sa Montero lang may isyung ganito?

I am not prepared to take Mitubishi's word for it 100%.   Since consumer rights and protection in the Philippines are very weak, of course, the first reaction would be to deny there's a problem.   Even the "palusot" that other Monteros in other countries do not experience SUA is not totally acceptable.  We don't know for a fact that the ECUs, the braking  systems and other parts of the Philippine models came from the same suppliers as those from other countries. 

Unfortunately, because we have weak consumer protection laws and is a third world country at the mercy of big corporations, all that Mitsubishi has to do is to deny there's a problem, hire a few "experts" to speak on its behalf, dare the complainants who have no technical capability to prove that the product is defective and then  "remind" the government that anything close to a "recall" might force the company to close its factory in Laguna. 

Onli in da Pilipins.

Agree with this. How many cases na ba? Say 20. Are all those 20 dumb, aged drivers?

It is my position that the Montero technology as it is, is superb and well-designed. But during actual production, there may be individual units that turn out with some degree of defect. This its common in manufacturing.

#56 khantan

khantan

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:49 PM

My neighbor's Montero also got into this kind of accident.  At the time of the accident, the Montero was driven by a 60+ year old truck driver who don't have any experience in driving an automatic.

#57 Captain Guile

Captain Guile

Street Fighter

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts
  • Interests:Blood Sport

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:23 PM

better be safe than sorry. if you want to buy your own SUV, there are other good brands that we can still choose.

12360273_995638853838558_773602723316946

12373345_1532159180430765_63770949924896

• MTBCommuter likes this

#58 xxxcaliburns

xxxcaliburns

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:31 AM

Am sure marami ng ibang model nakaexperience ng "SUA" but since lumabas ung issue everybody's claiming SUA na daw. Then ABS has this propaganda na lahat nalang ng accidents involving a montero would be covered. Are we really 100% sure sa montero lang to nangyayari or hindi lang nacocover ni ABS if hindi montero? Regardless if this is human error or not, maybe the bigger question is..."Do we really believe that what the media is reporting accurate?" It was already proven that the ABS covering of the "SUA" incident is only partial, where's the outrage?? Very irresponsible journalism right? But no, the outrage was directed to Mitsubishi for what? Covering up the "SUA" issue? Who's really covering up the issue for posting an incomplete and inaccurate report? Wake up people, nit everything we read on the web or saw on tv are real

#59 IT_Man_2

IT_Man_2

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:54 AM

Nice design but should have put more room in the cabin

#60 Mark Santos

Mark Santos

Bizman

• Prime Mover