#41 wrctiatobe

wrctiatobe

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:basketball, badminton, airsoft guns, toys, rc's, cars, gadgets

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:48 PM

i'm still not convinced about the cars they produce , quality is not htat good yet . hopefully they will improve it. went to china a couple of times and most cars that they use are their own brand. that means they don't have to sell it abroad

#42 wrctiatobe

wrctiatobe

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:basketball, badminton, airsoft guns, toys, rc's, cars, gadgets

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:59 PM

i'm still not convinced about the cars they produce , quality is not that good yet . hopefully they will improve it. went to china a couple of times and most cars that they use are their own brand. that means they don't have to sell it abroad

#43 ricoyan

ricoyan

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:37 PM

Ill wait for 10 more years

#44 Magaling

Magaling

Ang Kampeon

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:30 AM

The most popular model is the Chery QQ. Note "chery" with a single "r".... that should tell you something.

For this vehicle, I was told that the most popular color is Lemon Yellow....go figure!

#45 azayco

azayco

I am not BizMan. Piz Man!

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:01 AM

ang panget ng PhUV

Posted Image

a modified Suzuki APV? :upside:

#46 Aerys

Aerys

Inugami

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, On-line PC Games, Sci-Fi Movies, Sci-Fi/Adventure Books, Cars, and Females.

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:10 AM

i have to decline china made cars today but given a few years of maturity and adherence to int'l standards of quality, I might consider.

#47 czecho123

czecho123

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:24 AM

kahit medyo low quality itong mga china cars pipiliiin ko na kesa sa mga tinatawag nating "owner-type" jeeps na di mo na malaman kung ano ang mga nakasalpak na piyesa at pag talagang nabangga e parang nayuping lata.

marami pa namang pera sa pilipinas wala lang lakas ng loob dahil may pagkatraydor ang local market. dito kasi laging sa imported brands magsusugal kahit bago pa it o sa market. di kasi uso ang patriotism sa atin.

#48 cadbury007

cadbury007

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:Friends, suplado ko pero tapat na kaibigan and girls, only a hypocrite would say otherwise. :)
    Just PM your ym if you want to be a friend and we can talk anything under the sun.

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:04 AM

kahit medyo low quality itong mga china cars pipiliiin ko na kesa sa mga tinatawag nating "owner-type" jeeps na di mo na malaman kung ano ang mga nakasalpak na piyesa at pag talagang nabangga e parang nayuping lata.

marami pa namang pera sa pilipinas wala lang lakas ng loob dahil may pagkatraydor ang local market. dito kasi laging sa imported brands magsusugal kahit bago pa it o sa market. di kasi uso ang patriotism sa atin.

this guy has a point.. kung di kaya budget Japan made cars.. mas ok pa nga siguro Chi-Cars compare to assemble, no offense sa mga owner type jeep owners. at least meron kasamang quality control sa assembly line. Point of contention nga lang is Durability and Depreciation cost . Well, Japanese brands nowadays also has chinese parts..combined na yan.

#49 0922818

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:38 PM

The most popular model is the Chery QQ. Note "chery" with a single "r".... that should tell you something.

For this vehicle, I was told that the most popular color is Lemon Yellow....go figure!

i've heard that the cost of it's brand new engine is just 25k...does this mean its disposable?????

#50 Dupin

Dupin

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:39 PM

few more years ok na yan.... like the japanese and korean cars when it was first introduced in the local market

#51 Rushman13

Rushman13

Hottie

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:24 AM

^^^ exactly...when jap and korean cars first came out people reacted the same way...just give them 10-20 more years but personally i wouldn't drive one either...

#52 Rushman13

Rushman13

Hottie

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:36 AM

the QQ looks better imo :) or the smart car! lol

#53 Guest_Leviticus_*

Guest_Leviticus_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:53 AM

dito sa pilipinas, as long as it moves it is considered "road worthy"

#54 cyrus08

cyrus08

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:29 AM

if you look closely at the interiors of these chinese made cars, di sya ganun ka-pulido

#55 mangjoe

mangjoe

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:54 PM

hahahha.. bayaran mo pa ako, hinde ako kukuha ng kotseng china brand..

maybe as d earlier poster said, after 12 years, kapag natapos na nilang gamitin guinea pig yung mga tao nila :P

#56 boomouse

boomouse

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:51 PM

The Chery QQ has the same pedigree as the Chevy Spark. They are both based on the Daewoo Matiz. Chery Motors licensed the Matiz from Daewoo way before the company fell into hard times and had to sell themselves to General Motors. This is why GM was charging Chery with copyright infringement at one time because they claim that the QQ is a close copy of the Spark. This did not prosper because the QQ was in the market first.

They QQ is no lemon. You are blindly going by the assumption that all things made in China are of poor quality although you are also aware that a majority of the manufactured products in the market now are made in China. Even the iPhone is made in China. The QQ is as good a car as the Kia Pride once was during its heyday. Same driving experience. In terms of build standard, Chery is probably 10 to 15 years behind Korean manufacturers which also means that they are 15 to 20 years behind the Japanese since the Koreans have caught up. This does not mean that China-made cars won't last, only that Korean and Japanese cars have a finer build. As in the body panels fit evenly and uniformly. The NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness) damping is better, controls have a better feel, etc.

Chery is exporting the QQ to the US where it will be the cheapest car at around $8k per copy. I had a look underneath a QQ and given its size, it is my strong belief that the thing is overengineered.

#57 Brownman

Brownman

Shaman

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 02:48 AM

Cost savings pati spelling tinipid!

#58 Werwolf

Werwolf

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:27 AM

The Chery QQ has the same pedigree as the Chevy Spark. They are both based on the Daewoo Matiz. Chery Motors licensed the Matiz from Daewoo way before the company fell into hard times and had to sell themselves to General Motors. This is why GM was charging Chery with copyright infringement at one time because they claim that the QQ is a close copy of the Spark. This did not prosper because the QQ was in the market first.

They QQ is no lemon. You are blindly going by the assumption that all things made in China are of poor quality although you are also aware that a majority of the manufactured products in the market now are made in China. Even the iPhone is made in China. The QQ is as good a car as the Kia Pride once was during its heyday. Same driving experience. In terms of build standard, Chery is probably 10 to 15 years behind Korean manufacturers which also means that they are 15 to 20 years behind the Japanese since the Koreans have caught up. This does not mean that China-made cars won't last, only that Korean and Japanese cars have a finer build. As in the body panels fit evenly and uniformly. The NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness) damping is better, controls have a better feel, etc.

Chery is exporting the QQ to the US where it will be the cheapest car at around $8k per copy. I had a look underneath a QQ and given its size, it is my strong belief that the thing is overengineered.

Wat do you mean by overengineered?

#59 cyrus08

cyrus08

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:53 AM

anyone here driving a Chery?

#60 m777

m777

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:21 PM

Attached File  IMG0254A.jpg   352.33KB   2 downloads
Attached File  IMG0252A.jpg   693.55KB   1 downloads

a new vehicle added to our family cars. a cherry tiggo 2.0 a/t (rav4 and crv copycat)

my dad said that we try it, mukhang ok naman daw.

standard features are driver and passenger side airbags, 4wheel disc brakes w/ abs/ebd, 2din cd radio w/ usb input and 6 disc cd/mp3 changer, alarm and switchblade design key (pareho ng susi ng benz) the engine is a mitsu 4g63. ung 1.6 variant nya comes w/ a manual tranny and a acteco designed engine

its an P799,000 gamble but we'll have to see if its worth it. have yet to drive it going to ilocos next weekend and see how it performs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users