#21 TodoBigay

TodoBigay

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:36 PM

Hindi ako yun....baka ibang poster.....

Yung sa india talaga yung inaasahan lumabas.... pag car imagine 100,000 plus lang..... kaso may aircon kaya?

you have link for the india cars?

#22 edc

edc

Philanderer

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:13 PM

you have link for the india cars?

http://www.commondre...007/08/19/3278/

#23 id6230

id6230

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:21 PM

For the China car, you must be referring to the Chery brand. I've passed their showroom along Buendia but have never had the chance to go inside.

Any feedback from the first buyers would be much appreciated.

I read an article that a subcompact Chery car did not passed a crash test in Germany.

#24 neo_diet

neo_diet

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:40 AM

delikdo yan ang daming chinese maid ang binaban, nirerecall at di pumapasa sa standard all over the world... i dont want to risk my life with a chinese car or an indian car

#25 jo6789

jo6789

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:11 AM

I have already saw some this manufacturer from india TATA ang trade name but i havent seen a car na gawa ng TATA most of the vehicles are trucks as in utility trucks parang elf ba dyan sa pinas

#26 tazmanic

tazmanic

MTC's PHB

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:23 PM

dude im in india right now and ang dami mga subcompacts dito manufatured by tata. indica ang brand name, parang mas maliit sa hyundai getz ang size pero wag ka, pinanghaharabas nila dito yan. i think it retails for approx. less than 300k pesos

#27 id6230

id6230

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:17 PM

Sabi nga, a journey starts with a single step. There will always be growing pains on making new cars. But the one who succeed are those who learn from the pains. Good quality and affordability are good factors for success.

#28 TodoBigay

TodoBigay

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:01 PM

that is awesome, i wonder if they will ever make it sa states. Are they selling it sa manila now?

#29 jolox25

jolox25

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:37 PM

just those manufacturers make sure that they have the parts here before the sell those cars......pra ndi mahirap pg nangailangan ka ng parts..... :thumbsupsmiley:

#30 chinitoguy

chinitoguy

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:many, any! lolz

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:18 PM

the cherry are pirated versions of the real branded cars, but as far as i know it was the same with the japanese cars trying to replicate the designs of the american cars way back. correct me if im wrong.

#31 alteclansing

alteclansing

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:44 AM

Sa sobrang mahal ng gas at hirap magpark ng malaking sasakyan when given the chance will you want to drive one of these dito sa pinas?

Posted Image Posted Image

the red one is the standard version; no aircon while the red one is the luxury version comes with all options. Nice alternative to motorcycles if you ask me. No offense meant to bike lovers alarming lang kasi yung rate na 70% of last years vehicular accidents involved motorcycles.

Nano makes it to Time’s most important cars of all time

As published in The Hindu on January 17th, 2008 AS THE DEBATE GOES ON…

One week after its unveiling, the world’s media is still agog with news and views about the Tata Nano. Many termed it a cute, ultra-cheap car that will revolutionise personal transportation in India and Asia and many others are calling it a glorified go-kart that will be unreliable and unsafe.

The debate is still raging in all sorts of media - print, TV and the Internet.

Online polls that ask Americans if they will buy one if and when the Nano is launched in that market, blogs that have postings, which swing from patriotic praise to outright hatred and discussion forums that are still witness to heated arguments about the promise and fallout of the car are keeping the Tata car in the thick of it all. The Nano has probably got more media attention than it bargained for. But, it was only to be expected with the Nano’s much-publicised price tag making it the cheapest car of the world.

Competitors who have in the past sworn that it is an impossibility to develop a $2,500 car have reacted to the Nano as far away as Detroit – the home of the American automobile industry.

At the North American International Auto Show, which is currently on at Detroit, the hot car being discussed was the Nano, where it is not even on display.

Interestingly, the notoriously taciturn, Toyota Motor Corporation and its President, Mr Katsuaki Watanabe, also reacted to the Nano saying that the world’s number two car maker will need a little more time to develop vehicles at this kind of price point. It is reported that he also added that an early prototype of a Toyota small car that will be made specifically for markets such as India is close to getting a “go sign”.

In the midst of all this attention that the Nano is still getting, comes one of the first recognitions of its potential to create history.

In a presentation titled ‘The dozen most important cars of all time starting from 1908 to the present’, Time magazine lists the Tata Nano along with legendary cars like the Ford Model T, the Volkswagen Beetle, Chevy Belair, Toyota Corolla, the Mini and the Honda Civic.

Listing the 12 cars in chronological order, the Time magazine presentation says only these ‘few automobiles have been able to fundamentally change the way we live and dream’. As for the Nano, Time says “India’s ‘people’s car’, as it is already dubbed, is intended to put motoring within reach of Asia’s masses.

At $2,500 it’s hard to see it how it won’t sell, but even if it doesn’t it will become the poster car for a new, stripped-back style of engineering — glue instead of welds! — that could change the world.”

#32 johnlove

johnlove

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Interests:sex

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:38 PM

I hope they can come up with a one or two seater model.

#33 alteclansing

alteclansing

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:41 AM

yeah a two seater would be sweet coz it could give more leg room for the driver

#34 gooei

gooei

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:55 PM

problem rito walang supporta ng gobyerno.. china korea japan mga full support ng gobyerno yan.. im sur epag may lumabas ng local na matinong pinoy car, the govt will find ways to make it expensive.. tax dito tax doon..

#35 ericzena

ericzena

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:32 PM

I think the Philippine car market is too small for any economies of scale.
China is a huge market. I think they are now the number 2 market in
the whole world for cars after the U.S.

tama ka jan bro....it can survive kahit sa local lang nila ibenta mga units nila kasi ang laki ng market and the chinese people siguro will support their own...

ang problema sa Filipino hinde tinatangkilik ang sariling gawa.....

we are not proud if its not imported......

in other nationalities they support their own products....

i see koreans in the Philippines patronizing hyundai, kia and other korean cars...

japanese in our country buying japan made cars...

european driving european cars...i mean wherever they are they support their own products and really proud of it even if its not perfect...

it has to start somewhere...when the koreans first introduced their cars here we belittle it because of lack of quality reliability...

we bought a starex in 1998 when it was first introduced here..though sirain talaga we had to sell it but look at them now....hyundai is producing world class

quality cars na...look at the hyundai santa fe for instance....

hindi naman lahat nagstart perfect na...

#36 Tanabe_san

Tanabe_san

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:36 PM

latang lata... ay... aluminum, parang lata ng softdrink yun QQ

#37 joss

joss

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:44 AM

check mo yung morales at lgs jeepney ewan ko kung pangit ang mga ito. 600k nga lang ang long batman ang mahal na.

#38 fry

fry

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:39 AM

If we are to build our own auto brand, China is NOT the one to aspire to. Not only do they make cars which are death traps, but unsurprisingly are also direct ripoffs from competitors. In fact you can mount a door from a Chevy Spark to a Chery QQ without modification at all!

#39 tik

tik

Squid

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:27 PM

ngayon kasi medyo pangit pa quality. pero ganyan din ang mga korean vehicles about 12 years ago. and look at them now.

#40 golden

golden

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

meron na bang parts available now? paano kung nasira?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users