Nlex Experience - Reviews, Rules, Speed Radars

Guest don_pepot

guys, if you are going south, slow it down when you are about to reach the Tabang Bridge, usually there is a white Innova and a Toyota Hilux Pickup on the grassy slope. This are the unmarked vehicles of the NLEX POLICE that uses Speed Radar, so when you see this van or pickup and you are way above the speed limit, slow it down to 100 KPH so that you will pass the Speed Limits requirement.. 80 km/h near Metro Manila, 100 km/h in rural areas, but 120 km/h is permitted. Speed limits are strictly enforced via CCTV cameras and speed guns, and speeders are usually identified as soon as they hit the tollbooth. However, this hasn't stopped the road from being a popular spot for people to test high end sports cars. The highest recorded speed on the NLEx is 320 km/h by a modified Nissan Skyline GT-R that i think being owned by AUTOPLUS...

Edited by wjc-934

hmmmm... buti na lang kaming naka bikes kahit 200+ kph lang huli... hehehehehe going to subic running aroung 140-160 with a ZZR400 and 180-200+ on a GSXR 750.. la naman apprehensions.. so i think mano mano lang and pag monitor and pili lang.. kasi one time they flag down a SIR na naka set-up but i dont think na overspeeding sya.. baka na tyempuhan lang...

I got caught about a year ago. They said that speed limit is 100 kph but since NLEX is so smooth, 120 kph is allowable. I was doing 126 KPH daw.

I later saw in the papers some pictures of speeding cars in NLEX, from the angle, it must be in one of the overpasses. I did see once a car parked in the middle of the overpass near the northbound shell station (I was heading south)...and that stretch of road is very tempting to rev up a bit...

Solution? I keep it just below 120 kph especially if I am near that suspected radar site. Being caught and claiming my license is a real hassle. You can't talk your way out coz there are too many people involved. The apprehending officers in Bocaue are just the last part of the chain. They will be in hot water if they dont apprehend the speeding car.

i watched TV Patrol a while ago and the management have purchased new high-tech speed radar guns that is also armed with a digital camera.. the police won't chase you along NLEX but instead they will flag you down the nearest exit..

maganda din na may strategically placed monitoring cameras sa control room ng NLEX management to watch over the policemen.. para makita nila kung tiniticketan talaga or nangongotong lang.. :cool:

On a related topic, my wife's colleague got caught unloading passengers at the road shoulder emergency bay. The passenger was also caught after walking her way to the exit. Unloading passengers weren't considered emergency purposes, true, and I told them they should've exited the tollway first and reentered. The guy was also caught for overspeeding.

Further, I know it rarely happens but you could also get caught for violating the minimum speed requirement in NLEX.

• 4 months later...
hmmmm... buti na lang kaming naka bikes kahit 200+ kph lang huli... hehehehehe going to subic running aroung 140-160 with a ZZR400 and 180-200+ on a GSXR 750.. la naman apprehensions.. so i think mano mano lang and pag monitor and pili lang.. kasi one time they flag down a SIR na naka set-up but i dont think na overspeeding sya.. baka na tyempuhan lang...

pag tumakbo ka ng 301 kph di ka na ma read ng radar .

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...