Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Anakin Skywalker was a jedi...

And this is the only StarWars movie that does not have a lightsaber duel...

As a StarWars fan I got bored of it...

ROGUE ONE SUCKS!!!

Always there is that one fan that is not happy when a new movie comes around. Pero opinion mo iyan. The movie is told from the perspective of the rebels. While the original trilogy was naratted from the perspective of the droids and the prequels were naratted from the perspective of the Jedi. So don't expect any flashy Jedi stunts. Besides, even without the Jedi, there is plenty of Star Wars to enjoy. If you missed out on the fun, then problema mo na iyan.

Always there is that one fan that is not happy when a new movie comes around. Pero opinion mo iyan. The movie is told from the perspective of the rebels. While the original trilogy was naratted from the perspective of the droids and the prequels were naratted from the perspective of the Jedi. So don't expect any flashy Jedi stunts. Besides, even without the Jedi, there is plenty of Star Wars to enjoy. If you missed out on the fun, then problema mo na iyan.

Ewan ko sa mga yan lol. The movie title clearly states "Rogue one: A star wars story", and you have people expecting light saber duels when the movie is clearly meant to tie up the events between Episode 3 and Episode 4 which is "How the rebellion acquired the Death Star plans". I think people who call themselves dissapointed fans just because there were no lightsaber duels are shallow fans looking for movie eye candy. Nung unang labas pa ng Episode 4 nung hinahabol ni Darth Vader yung Tantive IV sa opening sequence pa lang, fan base question na yan "Pano daw nakuha ni leia ang Death star plans" and now after a few decades we finally have the answer. Sheesh people. You're right problema na nila yan lol.

And for me if Episode 7 brought up New stuff. Episode 4 brought out New old things. Nostalgic in a new way. Ang daming cameos and names mentioned that I'm pretty sure if you watch from Ep 1 to 7 it would all make sense. George Lucas provided more than enough.

Edited by thespywhoshags
  • Like (+1) 1

I think R1 was made for the fans of Episode 4. It answered questions that have been raised for decades.

I kinda think the "fans" who were expecting more lightsaber fights and Jedi mind tricks aren't as engrossed or as keen into detail as the fans who study the intricacies of how the Empire and The Force worked.

IMHO I was actually a bit bummed with the antagonists of Ep7. The First Order isnt as menacing or as gloomy as the Sith or The Empire.

Im impressed with the way they presented Gov Tarkin. Sa Episode 4 never na establish kung sino sa kanila ni Vader ang mas may control with the Empire's generals. Here in R1 naestablish na he's more of the go-to guy and the administrative head (parang Exec Secretary) but Vader is still second in command (vice pres).

Ewan ko sa mga yan lol. The movie title clearly states "Rogue one: A star wars story", and you have people expecting light saber duels when the movie is clearly meant to tie up the events between Episode 3 and Episode 4 which is "How the rebellion acquired the Death Star plans". I think people who call themselves dissapointed fans just because there were no lightsaber duels are shallow fans looking for movie eye candy. Nung unang labas pa ng Episode 4 nung hinahabol ni Darth Vader yung Tantive IV sa opening sequence pa lang, fan base question na yan "Pano daw nakuha ni leia ang Death star plans" and now after a few decades we finally have the answer. Sheesh people. You're right problema na nila yan lol.

And for me if Episode 7 brought up New stuff. Episode 4 brought out New old things. Nostalgic in a new way. Ang daming cameos and names mentioned that I'm pretty sure if you watch from Ep 1 to 7 it would all make sense. George Lucas provided more than enough.

Totally agree with you brother. Rogue One is a very important part of the StarWars saga. Kung fan ka talaga, hindi ka aantukin, madidisappoint or maghahanap ng lightsaber duels at jedi. Kung fan ka talaga, alam mo ang significance.

Rogue One characters were true heroes.

Maybe in the future they will also make a story about how the Bothans got the plans for the second Death Star.

Totally agree with you brother. Rogue One is a very important part of the StarWars saga. Kung fan ka talaga, hindi ka aantukin, madidisappoint or maghahanap ng lightsaber duels at jedi. Kung fan ka talaga, alam mo ang significance.

Rogue One characters were true heroes.

Maybe in the future they will also make a story about how the Bothans got the plans for the second Death Star.

And diba katatapos lang ng episode 3 before Rogue, Jedi Purge? Order 66? Ring any bells? All the jedi are either dead or in hiding. Bakit ka naghahanap ng tatapat kay vader sa mga panahon na yan?

Madami magagalit sakin dito... But here it goes... I was disappointed. I did not expect any jedi actions nor any of the flashy scenes. I know that the story is set to explain the old time question ... How the heck did they get the death star plans? As well as the other question.. How come the empire did not notice that flaw during the death star construction. I am glad the movie explained this. Im also glad they did not call it episode 3.5 ...

Nonetheless, i am disappointed. It felt like a disney movie. I know some of you would say that it IS a disney movie. But that's the best way to describe it. It didnt have the same feel. It didnt make me root for the characters. I even think Darth Vader in this movie is too tame. There is something wrong that u just cant pinpoint. Vader walked too fast or that he moved too softly. He wasnt menacing enough.

I feel that the actors Madz Mikelsen(?) And Forest whitaker were not utilized enough. I feel that the main actors (and i already forgot their names) were not effective. The blind chinese guy and his companion felt too shallow. Like they were placed there just to show diversity.

There are just too many little things that seems off, i would even say episode 2 is even better than this one. While im excited about the story line and how this tied up some age old questions... I think the movie could have been filmed better.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Viola
  • Like (+1) 1

This movie franchise is overrated. Just my opinion:) Siguro kasi I've seen it when special effect is no longer a big deal to movies. The only thing that I was amazed in this series is the idea of the world and its history. The story's interesting but how they told it in the movies ay parang pinabilis. Para sakin masyadong mabilis yung phasing and parang hindi nabigyan ng justice ung mga characters.

Rogue One is an exception and I think this is perfect. Tama yung iba. Star Wars is known for the Jedi and its light saber fights. But even removing those in this movie, para sakin andun pa rin ung awesomeness. Ramdam ko pa rin na Star Wars ung pinapanood ko.

Ewan ko lang sa iba. Ibaiba naman kasi tayo ng trip. Pero I appreciate the movie like most of the people who've seen it.

I like how everyone died in the end, since it is a suicide mission after all. My favorite scene has to be the one where Darth Vader killed all the rebel forces in the hall way. It was a nice way of connecting episode 3 to 4, and explained why there's an exhaust port in the Death Star.

Basically Star Wars 3.5! hahaha

I like the film very much I watched it twice.

The ending felt like another GOT episode

Which should be predictable enough but maybe I got carried away by the heavy scenes and missed it.

The movie was supposed to give story to the people behind the rebellion and highlight their contributions. The other Star Wars film focused heavily on the Skywalker's and Jedi's and Sith's. I think this movie have enough justice to the little people part of the rebellion

Madami magagalit sakin dito... But here it goes... I was disappointed. I did not expect any jedi actions nor any of the flashy scenes. I know that the story is set to explain the old time question ... How the heck did they get the death star plans? As well as the other question.. How come the empire did not notice that flaw during the death star construction. I am glad the movie explained this. Im also glad they did not call it episode 3.5 ...

Nonetheless, i am disappointed. It felt like a disney movie. I know some of you would say that it IS a disney movie. But that's the best way to describe it. It didnt have the same feel. It didnt make me root for the characters. I even think Darth Vader in this movie is too tame. There is something wrong that u just cant pinpoint. Vader walked too fast or that he moved too softly. He wasnt menacing enough.

I feel that the actors Madz Mikelsen(?) And Forest whitaker were not utilized enough. I feel that the main actors (and i already forgot their names) were not effective. The blind chinese guy and his companion felt too shallow. Like they were placed there just to show diversity.

There are just too many little things that seems off, i would even say episode 2 is even better than this one. While im excited about the story line and how this tied up some age old questions... I think the movie could have been filmed better.

Just my opinion.

Parang wala namang nagalit sa iyo.

Siguro kinapos sa expectations iyong iba kasi hindi natin alam kung hanggang saan ang involvement ni George Lucas sa production nitong film. We don't even have the opening crawl. I myself did not root for the the characters as I always new they were doomed since the movie's announcement.

There are way to many characters to fit in a 2-hour film. We don't even know how the pilot defected from the Empire. Maybe the story of these characters will be expounded further in other media(comics, books, video games, or what have you. George Lucas is a known capitalist who did this all too well over the span of 30 years and counting).

This movie clearly answers the questions left by Episode 4. Eventhough there were no Jedis involved, it presented the Star Wars saga from the point of view of the rebels. And it also showed how Darth Vader wanted to get his hands on the blueprint, which was sent by the Rogue One characters to the Rebels by putting their lives at risk.

George Lucas has no more involvement with any Star Wars movies starting with Episode 7. Since he sold the rights to Disney. he surrendered the rights. he has no control in the direction of what movie Disney wants to make. if he still had control of these rights standalone movies like rogue one wouldn't be made. because george is too stubborn and he said he didn't like doing these types of movies. thats why when he sold lucasfilm to Disney it opened up a lot of opportunities for Disney to have a fresh take on the movies they want to make

he tried to hand over his version of ep 7 but disney rejected it.

thank goodness for that. at least succeeding movies wouldn't be God Awful like those Prequels.

and to explain the lack of the story crawl in rogue one. there should'nt be any. its not a main story arc to the episodes. thats why its an Anthology. expect Disney to be making more of these standalones like the Han Solo standalone in the works

Edited by impala67

I only watched the film once. I liked it in that it has a different, somewhat darker tone that the main SW story arc. It even strayed away from being Disney-esque in that all the main protagonists died. The original trilogy, and even in the SW Rebels series, the rebels are portrayed as goody-goody. When Cassian killed the informant in cold blood, it shattered that image.

The cameo of Princess Leia towards the end seemed forced to me. In SW ANH, Leia was telling Vader that they were on a "humanitarian mission" when Vader's star destroyer intercepted them. In Rogue One, it showed that they were being pursued since they left Scarif.

And, RIP General Princess Leia Organa Solo.