Hacking, Cracking?

i just have to say this.

during the time na addicted ako sa chatting **loong ago***

i have to thank hackers for giving unlimited internet access

hehehe. they give out free internet accounts. cool

yun lang. never went to trying hacked credit cards.

its too much na.

Good for you its really difficult to control once you know or think that you can. Hacking is not really evil as branded by media most hackers are in it for the challenge or pleasure. Some leave tracks, some dont if and when the penetrate, while some go the extreme of defacing which gives the negative connotation to the term. A good site to start for whitehat hackers can be at sans.org

We can probably share tools and styles in this forum for the learning, its up to the person how he uses the knowledge.

Just my two cents

I second this. Except, of course, if your definition of the word "hacker" conforms to the old definition which is equivalent to the word "programmer" before the media made the word into something malicious and *evil*.  :D

yup. but it also applies to the "new" definition of a hacker, which means, putting his skills to good use.... parang intelligence agent yan eh. you don't let everyone know that you are a spy.... or in the new definition of the cracker, a terrorist... hehehe.

again, imho lang ito ha?

yup. but it also applies to the "new" definition of a hacker, which means, putting his skills to good use.... parang intelligence agent yan eh. you don't let everyone know that you are a spy.... or in the new definition of the cracker, a terrorist... hehehe.

again, imho lang ito ha?

Thats right google, because we usually connotes hackers as someone who is maliciously going into computer systems and mess it up. Hackers usually go into computer systems trying to find vulnerabilities and creating tools that will help improve computer security. Most antivirus or security company employ the help of hackers to determine the security level of thier software. :)

Crackers ata yung nagtatago sa batas...

Thats right google, because we usually connotes hackers as someone who is maliciously going into computer systems and mess it up. Hackers usually go into computer systems trying to find vulnerabilities and creating tools that will help improve computer security. Most antivirus or security company employ the help of hackers to determine the security level of thier software. :)

Crackers ata yung nagtatago sa batas...

amen dude. actually malabo nga yung definitions dun sa Philippine E-Commerce Law eh.

to wit...

Section 48. Hacking. - Hacking or cracking which refers to unauthorized access into or interference in a computer system/server or information and communication system; or any access in order to corrupt, alter, steal, or destroy using a computer or other similar information and communication devices, without the knowledge and consent of the owner of the computer or information and communications system, including the introduction of computer viruses and the like, resulting in the corruption, destruction, alteration, theft or loss of electronic data messages or electronic document shall be punished by a minimum fine of one hundred thousand pesos (P100,000.00) and a maximum commensurate to the damage incurred and a mandatory imprisonment of six (6) months to three (3) years.

they should have just used the term "cracking...", which according to

is defined as: http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/sDefi...i211852,00.html

A cracker is someone who breaks into someone else's computer system, often on a network; bypasses passwords or licenses in computer programs; or in other ways intentionally breaches computer security. A cracker can be doing this for profit, maliciously, for some altruistic purpose or cause, or because the challenge is there. Some breaking-and-entering has been done ostensibly to point out weaknesses in a site's security system.

The term "cracker" is not to be confused with "hacker". Hackers generally deplore cracking. However, as Eric Raymond, compiler of The New Hacker's Dictionary notes, some journalists ascribe break-ins to "hackers."

This only delays the tracing time of the IP. Kahit Onion routing pa nga gamit pwede ma trace pano pa IP spoofing.  :D

I would have to agree with this one. It just "prolongs the agony" so to speak for the one trying to find your real ip address. The only real safe way to hack is to pop up into a relatively "safe" internet cafe and hack from there. As long as you can't be identified by anyone or associated to any "real" name in this realm, you're relatively safe. :hypocritesmiley:

I would have to agree with this one. It just "prolongs the agony" so to speak for the one trying to find your real ip address. The only real safe way to hack is to pop up into a relatively "safe" internet cafe and hack from there. As long as you can't be identified by anyone or associated to any "real" name in this realm, you're relatively safe. :hypocritesmiley:

Completely agree, syempre this is the most basic of all. common-sense wise

Hacking GAMZONE:

first of all mas magandang gawin to pag walang LOAD para sigurado....

1. punta ka sa wap PAGE ng GAMEZONE using your phone....

2. CLICK mo yung INFO nung GAME...

3. pag nandun ka na dun sa Page ng game Isave mo as

BOOKMARKS...

5. Punta ka sa nasave mong BOOKMARK then edit mo yung URL....

6. ilagay nyo to sa dulo ng URL &freebundle=free

7. load nyo sya tapos download... antayin nyo lang maginstall...

GETS NYO????

HAPPY DOWNLOADING....... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Edited by spishoxxx
  • 3 weeks later...

what if ...

*someone organizes a group to try to set up goals to test your hacking skills?

*someone to establish an acceptable skills rating system?

*someone turns the group into a white hat hacking society?

*someone creates a site to distribute problems to members to help out in testing some systems?

*someone creates a system wherein those who helped or was responsible to discover the vulnerability of a system be rewarded?

I hope this starts the ball rolling. All of us can contribute, some in spare time or for those who doesn't have enough skills, to be able to contribute in kind or other things.

as mentioned, hacking was originally programming. and where else can you hone your skills, be recognized and help protect our part of the world from crakers?

just suggestions. pls feel free to copy and expound and go for it.

B) B) B)

what if ...

*someone creates a site to distribute problems to members to help out in testing some systems?

*someone creates a system wherein those who helped or was responsible to discover the vulnerability of a system be rewarded?

I hope this starts the ball rolling.  All of us can contribute, some in spare time or for those who doesn't have enough skills, to be able to contribute in kind or other things.

as mentioned, hacking was originally programming.  and where else can you hone your skills, be recognized and help protect our part of the world from crakers?

just suggestions.  pls feel free to copy and expound and go for it.

B)  B)  B)

1.) There already is a group of white hats here in the Philippines. I just forgot the names. :P

2.) They also have a yearly meeting where they rate their skills against each other.

3.) See #1.

4.) I don't know if they have a website.

5.) Don't know about this one... :P

White hats, btw (for those who don't know...) are hackers who work for a company to try and break their security. Therefore, they are perfectly law abiding citizens. :headsetsmiley:

what if ...

I hope this starts the ball rolling.  All of us can contribute, some in spare time or for those who doesn't have enough skills, to be able to contribute in kind or other things.

as mentioned, hacking was originally programming.  and where else can you hone your skills, be recognized and help protect our part of the world from crakers?

just suggestions.  pls feel free to copy and expound and go for it.

B)  B)  B)

Nice thinking! Guys, I second emotion. Expect my dip-in in this thread! See Yah!!!

And the age-old debate between the differences goes on... sheesh <_<

There's no debate regarding the differences between hackers, crackers, phreakers, etc. It's just that the public (due to the media...) has this mindset that they just all equate to hacker = bad. There's a formal definition on each so if anyone wishes to really provide an accurate description of what he/she is, then they can just Google the proper term which most aptly applies to them. :headsetsmiley:

can we start at something worthwhile and not debate? ie like breaking into a site and teaching how its done step by step, lets have a standing agreement that those who wish to learn help each other out, and for those who dont have anything positive to contribute to just read...that way we can all gain..MHO

• 3 weeks later...