Globe Telecom Service

Globe is undergoing a massive modernization of its network using only one supplier, a Chinese one at that. You honestly think that would equate to better service? After 10 years of service and 2 months of bad reception once that modernization project started, I switched to SMART. I have never been happier.

I'd like to switch to Smart too. Problem is most of my contacts still use Globe. I wish Smart subscribers on unli plans could call Globe subscibers on an unlimited basis and vise versa.

• 4 months later...

Seems the service of Globe is deteriorating day by day. Not only are calls garbled, dropped calls are the norm today. And just trying to re-connect to the person I was speaking with requires a re-boot of my phone. I have several phones using globe sim cards and they all need to be re-booted/refreshed just to be able to make another call which is certainly going to be garbled again and will drop within a few seconds after connecting.

Globe's service is definitely NOT world class. It's not even fit for a third world country. People who aren't on an unli plan are just getting ripped off by Globe. Even within Ayala center, Globe's home-base, calls are choppy and it's difficult to make calls because they simply do not connect to the called party. Sometimes I have to re-boot my phone 2 or 3 times before finally being able to connect.

What's the NTC doing about forcing Globe to improve it's extremely poor service? Not a whole lot I rekon.

Seems the service of Globe is deteriorating day by day. Not only are calls garbled, dropped calls are the norm today. And just trying to re-connect to the person I was speaking with requires a re-boot of my phone. I have several phones using globe sim cards and they all need to be re-booted/refreshed just to be able to make another call which is certainly going to be garbled again and will drop within a few seconds after connecting.

Globe's service is definitely NOT world class. It's not even fit for a third world country. People who aren't on an unli plan are just getting ripped off by Globe. Even within Ayala center, Globe's home-base, calls are choppy and it's difficult to make calls because they simply do not connect to the called party. Sometimes I have to re-boot my phone 2 or 3 times before finally being able to connect.

What's the NTC doing about forcing Globe to improve it's extremely poor service? Not a whole lot I rekon.

mahina ang signal ng globe sa place namin. lagi nawawala signal and hnd stable :( :ninja:

Kahit saan naman, mahina talaga ang signal. Tapos laging napuputol yung call. Luging lugi mga subscribers ng Globe. Ubos kaagad yung load.

Parang lately ang dalas humina signal ng Globe, to think nasa Manila lang ako

Same here. Signal is getting less stable resulting in more frequent dropped calls, garbled conversations, and rising blood pressure.

• 2 months later...

getting a lot of junk text messages (mostly advertisements) from my Globe number but don't experience it with my Smart and SUN numbers mad.gif

same here.... the fact that my globe number is only two weeks old.

from real estate agents, companies offering loans..... nakakabanas na minsan.

same here.... the fact that my globe number is only two weeks old.

from real estate agents, companies offering loans..... nakakabanas na minsan.

You're globe number is only two weeks old and you already have lots of spam from real estate agents, etc.? I thought I had so much spam because my number's almost 10 years old. So getting spam messages has got nothing to do with how old your number is after all.

I wonder why Globe doesn't do anything to stop or at least filter all these spam. Unless of course, Globe does business with these companies. In exchange for providing globe numbers to these companies, these companies pay Globe some sort of fee.

I also have a Smart number but I do not get any spam on that network. So the only conclusion I can draw is that Globe is behind this irritating practice.

Still Globe? Not a Smart idea!

Yeah I tend to agree with this. Except I have no choice since most of my contacts use Globe. If I switched over to Smart post paid, I wouldn't be able to avail of the unlimited calling plans because these don't apply to inter-network calls.

How I wish the National Telecommunications Commission step in and mandate that unli calls will be allowed between smart and globe numbers (and vice versa) Then it would be a no-brainer. I will be able to finally switch to Smart. In the meantime, I have to settle for a pre-paid Smart number.

BTW anybody tried Smart's LTE network? How's the coverage in Metro Manila? Luzon? And how's the speed?

You're globe number is only two weeks old and you already have lots of spam from real estate agents, etc.? I thought I had so much spam because my number's almost 10 years old. So getting spam messages has got nothing to do with how old your number is after all.

I wonder why Globe doesn't do anything to stop or at least filter all these spam. Unless of course, Globe does business with these companies. In exchange for providing globe numbers to these companies, these companies pay Globe some sort of fee.

I also have a Smart number but I do not get any spam on that network. So the only conclusion I can draw is that Globe is behind this irritating practice.

I also get these spam from real estate agents in my Globe line. This is the downside of the unlimited text promos. It costs little to spam or troll subscribers.

yes... i heard from the grapevine that globe sells the numbers to a marketing company.

and another yes, i have a smart number which has been with me for the past 10 years. walang spam.

I also get these spam from real estate agents in my Globe line. This is the downside of the unlimited text promos. It costs little to spam or troll subscribers.

unfortunately, this holds true for both prepaid and postpaid.

in my case, i am in postpaid....

business plan pa ha?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...