Diet

Dang MA...You certainly dont need diets, as you will always be 'perfect' in all of our 'drooling' eyes. :blush: ;)

But going back to the topic of diets.

I've heard about so many different diets from no rice, to more water, to all meat.

How true is it that the all-protein and no-carbo diet really works? I think it went something like: eggs, meat, peanuts (and butter and cheese and milk)are okay; But rice, pasta, bread and vegetables werent?

Heheh..am hedging my options ...before the buffet and party food filled December season comes sneaking up on our calendar.

I actually need to because i want to work on my midsection...and i can't have killer abs if my stomach looks like it has a baby inside, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Para next time i wear a tube top, you'll see nothing but contoured abs and a tiny, tiny waist. How's that? :lol:

:boo: guys this is a bit of friendly advice if you want to look buffed.eat at least 5 times a day.quite strange aint it? but its true,just eat in small portions.try to to make it 60% protein and 40% carbs if ur working out and drink at least 12 glasses of water a day.

and one more thing,dont eat anything two to three hours prior to sleeping and you will see results although not that fast but effective.ciao

post-9-1064310817.jpg

keyotik, hey Atkins Nutrition is good :) we pattern some of our guidelines from there. Are you familiar with Chromium Picolinate? :)

Yeah, I kinda like it actually... I'm now down to 205 lbs. At the rate I'm going I'm well on my way to my 185 lbs. goal by December 31. Then I go into the Lifetime Maintenance phase.

Where do you work? Just curious since you said you pattern some of your guidelines from Atkins. And, no, I am not familiar with Chromium Picolinate...What is it, please?

PEACE!!! :D

i suggest na mag badminton ka atleast 3x a week, they say malakas makapag papayat ang badminton, kasi talagang papawisan ka ng grabe c", )

yes, this is true. ang dami ng namayat sa amin because of badminton but sana after the game huwag magkayayaan sa alibi bale wala rin hehehe. :D .. after six is also effective, avoid fatty foods pati ra rin sweets. exercise regularly.

forget dieting. throw the word diet out of your vocabulary. dieting is restrictive and it almost always fails. forget the latest wonder diet endorsed by some brain dead celebrity who got her figure from a doctor's scalpel, ignore the supermodel's advice on how she keeps her figure, chances are she throws up after eating and stays thin through smoking and drugs.

what you're after is lifestyle choices. think about it. you got those hippo hips by living on fast food and sitting on your ass all day. you chose to live like that. make the choice to do the opposite.

i think it's pathetic how these people in the us are suing mcdonalds because they're overweight and dying from it. ronald mcdonald didn't come into their houses, stick a gun to their heads and force them to eat big macs. they made the choice to eat that crap. live with the consequences.

so that's where you start, accept responsibility for your situation. unless you have an illness that made that way, you're fat because you made yourself fat.

cut the bullshit as well; it's not "cellulite", "pleasantly plump", "stout", "big-boned", "large", "chunky" or any other politically correct horseshit term. it's fat, obese, corpulent, disgusting, blubber, fat ass, lard butt, thunder thighs.

don't eat crap, simple as that. don't eat anything that comes in a box, wrapper, or polystyrene container. avoid anything with the word "mega" attached to it. save your money and forget the pills, potions, shakes, powders, supplements and injections that some quack is trying to sell you.

forget going to the gym unless you want to be a muscle bound poser in spandex boring everybody with stories of how much you can bench press.

everything you need is contained right within you. push ups, pull ups, sit ups, dips, hand stand push ups, reverse push ups, leg lifts, isometrics and deep breathing to name a few. they're called body weight exercises and built some of the strongest men the world has ever seen.

take up a grappling art: greco-roman wrestling, freestyle wrestling, brazilian jiu jitsu, dumog if you live in the islands, catch as catch can wrestling. it builds tremendous endurance, burns off the flab and gives you functional strength, as opposed to weights which give you cosmetic strength. get out into the fresh air, run, swim, row, move. most importantly, study and think. think for self and don't fall for the advertisements. study the claims made and look for the bullshit behind it.

For almost three weeks now I haven't eaten any rice meal.  It's just salad and sandwich for me and I think it worked 'coz I'm down to 99lbs from 103lbs.

You need carbo even in a small amount.... but salad is OK, rich in fiber esp. if veggie, but advice lang, for the dresing, replace it with vinegar and pepper, mayo is high in cholesterol as well. :)

For those who are not eating rice/meat for more than a week :

Don't go on crash diet, your body would suffer in the long run, it might not show now, you might not feel something but later on... or either you'd feel your skin is getting dry or easily gets tired.

Balance is the key :)

Edited by Miss-TY
  • 1 month later...

I got heaps of friends who are vegetarians.. how come fat sila :P hihihih! :P dami vegetarians sa new zealand pero hippo-assed pa din.

I was 140 lbs before.. would u believe this? I slimmed down to 110 lbs by the cut-off carb diet. I didnt eat carbo for a month. Kapag super gutom isang slice ng tasty bread lang. Ay grabe. babagal ka nga lang magisip.. super bagal ko magrespond. may tinanong kunyari saki, magiisip ako for 30 seconds bago ko maisip sagot. ganon. seryoso.

i stay away from red meat, softdrinks & alcohol as much as possible. i also try to exercise regularly (i concentrate more on cardio exercises).

anyone here ever tried supplements containing ephedrine (an appetite-suppressant) while exercising? i've been using it for almost 2mos. so far, wala pa namang buntot na lumalabas from my behind, hehehe.

I got heaps of friends who are vegetarians.. how come fat sila :P hihihih! :P dami vegetarians sa new zealand pero hippo-assed pa din.

Chances are they were already fat before they became vegetarians. Or perhaps they love sweets, especially chocolates, a lot. Or beer even. But unless you're already gaining on in years, and gaining those additional pounds that normally come with age, it's ordinarily very difficult for a vegetarian to get fat. Just think, for instance, of how often a vegetarian passes stool. It's about three times a day, at times even more, because of the regimen, the fiber and all. Much of the fat for vegetarians comes from fried foods and nuts, especially eggs for lacto-ovo vegetarians. There are also chips and other chichirya with all that oil. But for the most part, it's really a low-fat alternative lifestyle.

forget dieting. throw the word diet out of your vocabulary. dieting is restrictive and it almost always fails. forget the latest wonder diet endorsed by some brain dead celebrity who got her figure from a doctor's scalpel, ignore the supermodel's advice on how she keeps her figure, chances are she throws up after eating and stays thin through smoking and drugs.

what you're after is lifestyle choices. think about it. you got those hippo hips by living on fast food and sitting on your ass all day. you chose to live like that. make the choice to do the opposite.

I agree with you there. Its the lifestyle :)

diet? hmmm...let me see... weird kasi di ako nagda-diet.. my friends told me na walang pagbabago... tapos may nagsasabi na tumataba ako... may nasasabi na pumapayat ako... i don't know tuloy.. pero i've noticed na my pants are more maluwang...

so i think whatever i'm doing is working... let me see... ano bang bagong ginawa ko.

1. yoga

2. started eating veggies

3. being extra busy in school

4. taking more work that i could handle

5. not sleeping

6. taking a cup of coffee a day instead of the usual 8 cups

7. falling in and out of love then in again .... (in short mamoblema sa love life)

8. walk walk walk (in the middle of the night... kasi sobrang confused ka)

9. talk to someone you really like para di makatawag yung someone you really love... tapos di ka matutulog dahil hindi siya tumawag.

10. forget to eat the whole day then eat a lot sa gabi then throw up kasi ang dami mong kinain.

• 4 months later...
Guest VO2_Max

the best thing to do is....a mixture of active lifstyle and healthy diet....been doing this for the past few years....am 32 pero my weight is lighter now when i was in college