• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#41 Google

Google

The Russian Mafia

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Gym, Computers, Extreme Sports, Outdoor Sports, Beach, Basketball, Badminton

Posted 24 September 2004 - 11:08 AM

get a package at shangrila mactan or plantation bay .....no need to go out....just relax n enjoy......... :D

i am also thinking of a three day two night vacation in mactan. can somebody help? i would just want to know how much is the cost per pax, hotel and accomodations, airfare, food, etc.

thanks.

#42 yeah_right

yeah_right

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 11:26 AM

how do i get to kawasan pu if i'm coming from the uptown area?

#43 pardonme

pardonme

palaboy-laboy

• (07) Avid Member
  • 4,360 posts
  • Interests:rock climbing, rock concerts and sleeping

Posted 24 September 2004 - 12:26 PM

you take a ride to the south bus terminal and get on a van (vhire) there :) tell them na papunta ka sa kawasan :)

#44 yeah_right

yeah_right

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 07:03 PM

ung van ba papunta kawasan...do i have to rent the whole van...or may mga makakasabay ako papunta ng kawasan..... dun ba ako ibaba mismo sa drop off point ng kawasan nung van? or sasakay pa ako ng isa pang bus/jeep/tric?

#45 heavygatin_but_cutie

heavygatin_but_cutie

lulubog lilitaw...palitaw

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts
  • Interests:so many...get to know me and you'll discover!

Posted 24 September 2004 - 11:28 PM

hmmm punta ka din sa TOPs sa gabi!!! :) sarap dun magstay lang..overlooking ang buong Cebu. If you like mga dried stuff for pasalubong...punta ka sa Carbon. :)

lastly...i would suggest ... you go to Bohol. Add about 2 days dyan sa travel mo sa Cebu. Very convenient to go to Bohol from Cebu...sakay ka lang ng ferry boat..mga 45 mins to an hour. Tapos you can see lots of things sa Bohol...2 days will be enough.

Google -- how much ba yung budget mo? If you plan to swim or be in a resort or beach..i suggest you go to Bohol. Mactan kasi puro improvised ang beaches. Katulad sa Shangri-la Mactan...planted ang white sand. Plantation Bay is nice..pero man made din. Sa Bohol, madaming beaches na magaganda..and I can guarantee you na white sand at hindi planted. you can even see the whole of Bohol in a day..daming old century churches na ginawang museum..mga natural scenic places na you'll enjoy..may caves..tarsier conservation center..and stuff. But if you really like Mactan and willing to spend..I suggest you stay in Shangri-la. Plantation Bay is as expensive as Shang but the service is not good. Tapos, if you want to go around Cebu even at night..medyo mahirap pag sa Mactan ka. Kasi mahal mag taxi from Mactan to the city proper..kasi malayo. gagastos ka talaga to go to the city where the fun is. Ang isa pang maganda puntahan .. yung bird sanctuary..i forgot where it is or the name of the place..but it is another island of cebu sa kabila ng Mactan.... dun mo makikita ang mga birds especially those who migrate from other countries lalo na pag winter time sa ibang countries... ;)

#46 Google

Google

The Russian Mafia

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,081 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Gym, Computers, Extreme Sports, Outdoor Sports, Beach, Basketball, Badminton

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:21 AM

heavygatin, thanks for the reply.
actually, wala pa akong budget. but budget should really not be a question. i do not really plan to go to the city, because i usually go there on official business. what i would want is a change of atmosphere, ika nga, so i really would want to spend around three days and two nights sa mactan lang.
pa-estimate naman yung budget oh.

thanks.

#47 silent_breeze

silent_breeze

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:59 PM

uy! ok to!
am planning to go there din kasi.

pede magpaturo pano magpunta sa mga bus terminals sa cebu city.

-cebu northern bus terminal (for maya)
-cebu southern bus terminal (for matutinao)

#48 Raintribe

Raintribe

hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 02:37 PM

Hi! Sorry about replying so late but here are my suggestions:
1.) If you only have 3 days, make a decision whether you want to explore the city proper or head for a beach town outside city limits. Three days is not enough to savor the city AND the beach.
2.) If you decide to stay within CITY LIMITS, chances are that you get a good mix of culture and night life (whatever there is of it). I suggest staying in a Mactan resort and then making transpo arrangements for city night life. Actually, cabs are easy to get and they usually don't charge extra (meter rates lang). Around P90 to P120 one way...Cebu-Mactan
3.) places to see in the city (day tour itinerary)
a.) Sto. Niņo Church. At least light a candle and make a wish. You will see the
first Catholic icon ever brought to the islands. There is also a small musuem
in the church. Right outside the church are small stalls selling truly updated
costume jewelry that retail for 60% less than when they are sold in Manila.
b.) Magellan's Cross is beside the Sto. Niņo church.
c.) Casa Gorordo Museum. Turn of the century Cebuano lifestyle. This is main-
tained by the Ramon Aboitiz Foundation and is a short walk away from Sto.
Niņo Church.
d.) Carbon Market. You will most likely be brought to Freedom Park where you
can find lots of native home decor. Great for Christmas crafts. I got nice
native blinds for P40/each
e.) Pasalubong Shopping : Villalonga's (chicharon) & RM Mangoes in Guada-
lupe; all sorts of dried fish in Taboan Market (get the tocino fish and the
weird crunchy fish bones)
f.) Taoist Temple in Beverly Hills for the fantastic view of the city as well
as prayers and wishes divining
4.) places to eat in the city (where we locals go)
a.) Kahayag Bar in Mabolo...there is always a band, food is good and cheap.
b.) Mooon Cafe in Emilio Osmeņa street (near M. Velez/Provincial Capitol) for
affordable marlin steak and Mexican dishes. Ask for the Mooon Steak & the
drink named "Secret."
c.) Tinderbox in Banilad (for wine, cheese and cigar aficionados)
d.) Tong's Grill...eat-all-you-can...great seafood (crab, baked and fresh talaba,
squid, etc.) for only P145
e.) Tsai in Crossroads Mall...extensive tea selection and lots of great Asian
food.
f.) Postrio in Escario Street...100 cheesecake recipes. Enough said.
g.)La Marea at Crossroads Mall...try their warm brownie cup.
h.)La Tegola in Busay Hills...amazing Italian food : try their Busay pizza that
has ingredientes fresh from surrounding farms + a carafe of house wine.
Bring a shawl because the fog/mist creeps in and it can get really cold.
i.) and if you have friends with cars, nothing beats just hanging out at the
end of the runway in Mactan with a cooler of beer, hanging rice and
barbecue...sea breeze and good friends
5.) places to hang out, chill, dance : Vudu lang talaga

Edited by Raintribe, 27 September 2004 - 05:28 PM.

#49 silent_breeze

silent_breeze

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 02:55 PM

raintribe:

- where is Tong's Grill?
- and when is the best time to visit the Taoist temple? yung wala syang masyadong tao? morning? weekends? weekdays?
- are the dried mangoes from RM in guadalupe cheaper than in supermarkets?
- also san yung sutukil (sp?)?

#50 Raintribe

Raintribe

hibernating

• Validating
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 04:51 PM

Hello Silent Breeze!
- Tong's Grill is in Mabolo (ayala access road) right after Steve's Steak House and near Sarrossa Hotel
-The best time to visit Taoist Temple is on weekdays in the afternoon
-RM dried mangoes are the original dried mangoes. Got a tip for those buying...DO NOT BUY dried mangoes...get instead the MANGO CHIPS. It's nicer tasting and way cheaper. Any brand will do. Prices in the supermarket are comparable.
-Sutukil is in Mactan at the Lapu-Lapu monument. Best of that row of fish market restaurants is the famous "No Problem." The lady who started the place always goes around and asks if you like the food...when you thank her, she says with a laugh and a smile "no problem!" That's how the name came about :-)

Edited by Raintribe, 27 September 2004 - 05:21 PM.

#51 silent_breeze

silent_breeze

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:39 PM

thanks raintribe! :)

#52 Guest_the_eight_of_orbs_*

Guest_the_eight_of_orbs_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2004 - 12:45 PM

I went on a ten-day vacation in Malapascua Island somewhere in Cebu.

How to Get There:
I got a flight to Mactan Cebu via PAL (forgot na the flight rates and schedule). You have to get your vacationing ass to Maya, the port point where you'll have to take a boat to Malapascua.

Two ways to get to Maya 1- get on a bus going to Maya for like P50-P75 or 2- take a taxi to drive you to Maya. The bus ride would take you about 3-4 hours on the rough road basically due to the stops to pick up and drop off passengers. The taxi ride, which is more comfy takes about 2 1/2 hours.

The Boat Ride
You can take a public boat that would cost around P30-P50 per head BUT risk getting stuck in the middle of the sea cuz the boats sometimes are too cramped with people, ice blocks and other cargo. You can take a boat to yourself for P1,500. The boats are big and are of course motor-driven. August is halfway thru the rainy season so the waves were rather HUGE -- not for the hydrophobics and the faint of heart.

The boat ride takes about 30 to 45 minutes.

Where to stay:
There are about 10 nice, quaint resorts on the island with prestine sand bars where you can lounge at all day. Most are on the beach front and a handful on the other side of the island where your place would face the reefs.

I recommend the Exotic Resort. Rates are relatively low and are negotiable.

There are hammocks on the "lanai". Rooms are spaceous, clean and rustic. Aircon and fan rooms are available. Bathrooms are rather big and wll maintained.

The menu is great! Food is not so fabulous but the wide wide wide range of options makes sure yoiu won't get tired of eating the same old food everyday esp if you plan to stay over 3 days.

The staff can assist you in arranging your flight skeds and all that transfer without much fuzz and hassle, this makes it ideal for the tamad and first time traveler.

They can arrange for massages on the beach for as low as P250 per hour. Fantastic massage, i must say.

Island activities:
Malapascua is known for snorkling and diving. The resorts who offer dive - and snorkling trips are PADI accredited and standard PADI rates apply. At EXOTIC, look for Totong or Zoie, the nicest dive instrustors in the universe! Exotic has its own house reef, that's enclosed and protected from fishermen. They actually installed a jeepney and a huge concrete thresher shark underwater which serve as habitat for the sea creatures. There are also dive spots where you can actually see manta rays and tresher sharks. Night dives are cool! and they also have wreck dives for the adventurous divers. You can also do a bit of island hopping as well.

EIGHT

#53 yeah_right

yeah_right

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 03:58 PM

thanks raintribe for your inputs.....

more! more!

:)

#54 dolphin722

dolphin722

Good Boy ...

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 05:06 PM

I'm going to cebu on a "cheap" business trip. Do you know where i can stay somewhere in Mandaue or Mabolo for 500/day or lower? Thanks!

#55 nyhor

nyhor

Devirginized

• (04) Casual
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 06:44 PM

http://www.bestofceb...ensionhouse.htm

medyo outdated na yan pro add ka lng cguro ng 100 sa price nila. or better yet, call them.

#56 dolphin722

dolphin722

Good Boy ...

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 09:50 AM

http://www.bestofceb...ensionhouse.htm

medyo outdated na yan pro add ka lng cguro ng 100 sa price nila. or better yet, call them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nyhor, thanks a lot!

#57 hsmeilop

hsmeilop

hubag-ga ate oi!!!!

• (12) Mega Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,438 posts
  • Interests:MTC, Volkswagens, Cockfighting, Computers, Sci-Fi books, Fencing, Chess, Star Wars, SAP2, ingrowns. :D

Posted 30 September 2004 - 10:12 AM

I'm going to cebu on a "cheap" business trip.  Do you know where i can stay somewhere in Mandaue or Mabolo for 500/day or lower?  Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

medyo mahirap yung budget mo for mandaue and mabolo area. Saan ba yung pupuntahan mo? I might be able to suggest a place for you there. PM me. :D

#58 n!N

n!N

love is for fools who fall behind

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 01:14 PM

There are lot of historical spots in cebu. The place is cool!

#59 dj_kid

dj_kid

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 10:23 PM

Castle Peak Hotel is the place to be if you want to be near the hotspots of the city and in a tight budget.

Otherwise, Marriot Hotel at the back of Ayala Center is ideal if you don't mind forking out extra cash.

#60 ATONG ANG

ATONG ANG

THE IRON CHEF

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:sex, sex, sex.... and sex

Posted 21 December 2004 - 01:06 AM

Castle Peak Hotel is the place to be if you want to be near the hotspots of the city and in a tight budget.

Otherwise, Marriot Hotel at the back of Ayala Center is ideal if you don't mind forking out extra cash.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree with the guys. ive been to cebu only once and have seen 2 hotels. castle is definitely worth every penny. rooms are clean and service is good. a room with twin beds costs around 1200 a night. they also have a internet rental inside the coffee shop. the receptionists are pretty, helpful and friendly. area is near ayala malls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users