Retirement In Manila

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i spend about 150,000 pesoses per month

single

live in fort boni condo (which is paid for)

quote]

You must be doing really well sir. Consider yourself one of the few and the envy of most of us. I must have to work my tail off to afford that kind of lifestyle. More power to you sir eagleyes.

It ultimately depends on one's lifestyle in calculating the amount of money a retiree needs. Metro Manila is of course very expensive if you want to maintain your lifestyle living in a "developed country". Its your money, spend it the way you want. Just don't be swell headed just because you have more money than the average Juan dela Cruz.

You must be doing really well sir. Consider yourself one of the few and the envy of most of us. I must have to work my tail off to afford that kind of lifestyle. More power to you sir eagleyes.

i'm trying to cut back, pero mahirap

puro kain kasi sa labas dahil hindi ako nagluluto

pag boring at walang magawa (halos araw araw) siyempre may gimik

di ba malapit ka nang lumabas?

sir eagleyes thanks for the reply..oo nga malapit na akong mag retire kaya madadagdag ako sa growing numbers of unemployed underskilled sa ngayon..I've got 6 1/2 months to go..meron bang unemployment compensation dyan?..I don't think na malayo ang mararating ng pension..I need a supplemental income pa..para makagimik din tulad mo..di ko pa nga alam ang aasahan ko sa "outside world" you're a lucky man eagleyes..kuwentuhan mo na lang kami ng mga masasayang mong mga gimik..kidding aside mabuhay ka eagleyes..represent.

lolo suzu, basta kol ka lang pag dating mo

itong darating na end of the month, 3 day weekend

boss eagleyes..baka gusto mo rin ng private security..I think I'm qualified as I have been doing isecurity work for a while..hehehehe..lam mo na ikaw na lang ang maswerte..let me rephrase ikaw ang nagtagumpay sa lahat ng hardwork mo..di naman isnisilbi sa pilak na plato ang swerte di ba?

boss eagleyes..baka gusto mo rin ng private security..I think I'm qualified as I have been doing isecurity work for a while..hehehehe..lam mo na ikaw na lang ang maswerte..let me rephrase ikaw ang nagtagumpay sa lahat ng hardwork mo..di naman isnisilbi sa pilak na plato ang swerte di ba?

MA?

There are a lot of vets who have opted to retire here and managed to make it even with PO1 retainer pay (just basing the presumption on your collar device). It's just a matter of knowing what you want, setting your goals and sticking with your plans.

Anchor's Aweigh! Cheers!

MA?

There are a lot of vets who have opted to retire here and managed to make it even with PO1 retainer pay (just basing the presumption on your collar device). It's just a matter of knowing what you want, setting your goals and sticking with your plans.

Anchor's Aweigh! Cheers!

Thank you Sir Raoul for the kind and encouraging words..I guess I dread the fact of transitioning to "civilian life" and not having a job anymore..you're right I just need to adjust, and set realistic goals to have a "good retirement". BTW I hope you don't mind; Are you in the service? Are you active duty? Have a great day.

Thank you Sir Raoul for the kind and encouraging words..I guess I dread the fact of transitioning to "civilian life" and not having a job anymore..you're right I just need to adjust, and set realistic goals to have a "good retirement". BTW I hope you don't mind; Are you in the service? Are you active duty? Have a great day.

Your concerns are quite valid. After having that "security blanket" for 20 years, all of a sudden you'll be faced with the big UNKNOWN factor. Prepare for it. Use TAMP to the fullest. Start sending out feelers as far as jobs - if you still have a need to work. As a vet, you will always have an advantage.

What will you do during your retirement?

The general feeling I get from the few posts here

is that a passive income of 30,000 to 50,000 pesos per month

is enough to make people feel comfortable na?

That's useful information.

About 1,000 to 2,000 per day is what we're talking about.

Something to keep in mind whenever politicians

or economists talk about poverty.

If almost everyone could receive 1,000 pesos per day

what would happen to the mood of our country,

will it become more upbeat, more optimistic?

live in the small cities of this country, it is cheaper, more peaceful, cleaner. anyway manila is just there if you need some shopping. it is more relaxing to live in the province where time passes by slowly.

Those are the advantages of living in small cities of this country.

What are the disadvantages of this strategy?

On a totally separate note,

why does time seem to pass more slowly in the province,

whereas time slips away faster in the city?

What will you do during your retirement?

The general feeling I get from the few posts here

is that a passive income of 30,000 to 50,000 pesos per month

is enough to make people feel comfortable na?

That's useful information.

About 1,000 to 2,000 per day is what we're talking about.

Something to keep in mind whenever politicians

or economists talk about poverty.

If almost everyone could receive 1,000 pesos per day

what would happen to the mood of our country,

will it become more upbeat, more optimistic?

Sir Longherin...you have a very good point..Depende siguro sa lifestyle na one is accustomed to..Siguro I'll be doing ok kung sa probinsya lang ako at ang worry ku lang e makakain ng 3 or 4 na beses sa isang araw. At siguro yung disposable income mo para sa dibersyon na..unless na you're financially savvy at preparado para sa kung ano man ang gusto mong gawin post retirement meron kang "safety cushion" yun bang gusto mo lang gawin at di ka obligado ..sabi nga ni Sir Eagle, mag engage sa activities na gusto mo na o may passion ka. I can work anywhere naman basta marangal.