Oldies But Goodies

beelee

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the 60s and 70s were the period when music was at its best both locally and abroad...

we had the Manila Sound (which in my opinion was Philippine music at its finest...) while the USA had its Soul Train, Motown and Blues period...

if we can only bring back those times...

OT: di naman ako matanda, nakahiligan ko lang ang tunes na sumikat nung maliit pa ako... :rolleyes:

I've always been fond of listening to old songs.. Not just Simon and Garfunkel.. Not just the Beatles.. Not just Tom Jones.. Not just Frank Sinatra..

I like Matt Monro, Jerry Vale, Nat King Cole and Perry Como..

These are the favorites of my dad and my mom.. I learned to love them as I was growing up.. And I guess, I will never get tired of listening to them.. hahaha... Romantic songs that capture the true essence of the old times.. How people felt and believed in those times.. How they loved and how they perceived love.. :blush:

Edited by revi
  • 4 weeks later...

Aside from being an 80s kid, I'm also such a fan of 70s music too!

Some of the most played songs in my playlist are the following:

Let's stay together - Al Green

Storybook Girl - The Sylvers

Highways of my Life - The Isley Brothers

It's too late - Carole King

Siyempre there's Don McLean, Seals and Croft, Carly Simon, Cat Stevens, The Stylistics, Todd Rundgren, the Beegees, Donna Summer, Rupert Holmes ... ay ang dami!

Who could ever forget the Manila Sound of the 70s?

I love the songs of The Hotdogs, Boyfriends, VST & Co., Cinderella, Hagibis, Sampaguita, Rey Valera, Juan dela Cruz Band and of course, one of my favorites: Rico J's version of The Way We Were (...namamasyal pa sa Luneta na walang pera!)

And to think I wasn't even in grade school when the 70s gave way to the the 80s! Hahaha. :P

• 4 weeks later...
I've always been fond of listening to old songs.. Not just Simon and Garfunkel.. Not just the Beatles.. Not just Tom Jones.. Not just Frank Sinatra..

I like Matt Monro, Jerry Vale, Nat King Cole and Perry Como..

These are the favorites of my dad and my mom.. I learned to love them as I was growing up.. And I guess, I will never get tired of listening to them.. hahaha... Romantic songs that capture the true essence of the old times.. How people felt and believed in those times.. How they loved and how they perceived love.. :blush:

Right. Somehow I dig the uberly old love songs (the ones that doesnt have the beat of the drum, 50s or 60s?: not sure).

Reminds me of home, when I was just a kid, listening to oldies, on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...